Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff win extra mile award.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:34 pm

From the Premier League's VisitFootball Stadium Scheme awards.

Cardiff City were named Extra Mile winners, a special merit award given to a club who have adopted an innovative approach to enhancing its match days.

Assessors were impressed by the club's thoughtful approach to prioritising the needs of fans in areas such as ticketing, staffing and stadium logistics.

One example was Cardiff's designated seating section, which ensures visiting supporters always have the option of unrestricted seated views of the match.

This scheme was representative of Cardiff's creative and flexible approach to new ideas that improve their fans' match day experience.

"I'm thrilled that our behind-the-scenes matchday efforts in the Premier League last season have been recognised with this 'Extra Mile' award," said Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo.

"Irrespective of division, it's our aim to continue building the matchday experience and improve every level of our fan engagement delivery.

"We'll do that in the Championship this coming term and hope to take our unique matchday experience back to the Premier League in the near future.

"I'd like to thank our staff at Cardiff City FC for delivering to the very highest of levels."

Re: Cardiff win extra mile award.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:49 pm

That unrestricted viewing area was a great initiative by the Club fair play.

I am a fairly young guy and can cope with the hustle and bustle of an away end at a game and standing but it must be an absolute nightmare for some people, in fact I witnessed it at Brighton and stepped in to sort something out so and older couple could watch the game without getting jumped on or their view blocked every two second by pissed up dickheads

Re: Cardiff win extra mile award.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:27 pm

RV Casual wrote:That unrestricted viewing area was a great initiative by the Club fair play.

I am a fairly young guy and can cope with the hustle and bustle of an away end at a game and standing but it must be an absolute nightmare for some people, in fact I witnessed it at Brighton and stepped in to sort something out so and older couple could watch the game without getting jumped on or their view blocked every two second by pissed up dickheads

Away travel is a total nightmare as you say pissed up supporters but worse thing is inadequate seating control only Brighton man u and Burnley was we able to see game sitting down! Even then halftime drink/ Peee was near impossible with blocked aisles...