Re: ‘ Lee Tomlin issues ‘

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:20 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Sven wrote:
Sven wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Sven wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:I said a while ago, didn't I ,that we'd only find out the truth about his problems when he wrote an expose in one of the newspapers .
He's the latest in a long series of faulted players including some really great players who go along like this, and I'm afraid the newspaper "confessional" is usually the swan song rather than a renaissance. Of course I share the hopeful sentiments expressed here, and if he can correct the problem no one will be more delighted than me, but I think we'd be unwise to make any assumptions that anything will change.
It's a terrible thing that some very very talented players, which I think Lee Tomlin is, cannot cope with the pressures of success

Thank you, Job's comforter! :thumbup: :roll:

Let's just see what happens, shall we? It's over to Tomlin now and only time will tell; or do you have experience in psychology, precognition and a personal insight to the guys personal state and character on top of all your other claimed (but hard to substantiate) traits? :?

Until now, people have judged Tomlin on his footballing prowess rather than his personal attributes and he has failed to be all that might have been expected. This 'article' may give him some leeway (I hope it does) but he will still be judged on what he does in a Cardiff City shirt and for the money he is on, that is how it should be

As an aside, this likely explains Tomlin's comments that the club (and manager in particular) have been nothing but supportive of him in his time at the club

Once again you divert from the thing being discussed to aim a personal attack upon me. What's more, I see that one of your little chums jumps in to try and tag team me.
I have no idea why you're so obsessed with my background because I've never "claimed" anything about it here. It's got nothing whatever to do with discussing football and, quite frankly , nothing to do with you. Insofar as I give a rats arse, ( which isn't much actually ), I assume that you feel challenged because you're used to talking down to people, but it's very unpleasant and impolite so I wish you'd stop it.

In an attempt to get back to the subject in hand, and since you ask, I have got experience of people losing the plot and that effecting their ability to carry out their duties or manage their personal affairs, but my comments here were specifically based upon a number of footballers who've had these problems - Denis Wise comes to mind as an example. They tend to follow a particular pattern, which is how I was able to foresee the " confessional " newspaper interview and, unfortunately it's usually far too late by the time it gets to that stage.
Footballers have a very short playing career due to age, and this is even more so than it used to be, so any improvement is time limited isn't it ?
If you want me to be blunt, then posting pictures of yourself in your underpants to prove you're fit and telling the press about your mental problems probably aren't indicators of a full recovery, and extreme sudden weight loss is more often a sign of depression than improved fitness. However, as you will undoubtedly point out, I'm not a psychiatrist, and it's not my intention to attempt an amateur diagnosis
Based upon all of this , I'm not quite as optimistic as some seem to be that we can expect a dynamic improvement in his contribution. I certainly hope I'm wrong because I think he's a very talented player who, if he could deliver, would solve many problems in our team. Far more importantly, I would like to see him happier and more content in himself.

No one would be more delighted than me if he made good for the team and himself this season, it's just that I don't think anyone should be holding their breath or relying upon it.

Sorry, it took some time to break that down into readable sections that made actual sense; but as I stated previously your use of written English isn't the best, despite your inferences that you and your opinions are a class above

I like the "in so far as I give a rat's arse (which isn't much)" part of your biting rant, as the evidence from that post alone suggests otherwise

You talk about me trying off the subject but a review of what I wrote will inform you that I stuck to the topic and simply disagreed with your assumption that everyone who goes through what Lee Tomlin appears to have done is doomed to failure when the evidence shows that isn't differently in my inimitable way by mocking your latest incarnation

You always use the words "obsessed/obsession" when the going gets tough and it has been known for you to use phrases similar to (quote) "What's more, I see that one of your little chums jumps in to try and tag team me" and that, as usual, is you being very disingenuous to those people as individuals who can think for themselves and see the evidence before them

I'm not obsessed, fella; I just react to what I see/read and of late (as I stated elsewhere) your halo has slipped a fair bit and your own obsession for being on here and always right is coming to the fore

It was only ever a matter of time! ;) :thumbright:

PS: I hope you read bluesince62's post (above) as it contains some sound comments :thumbup:

In addition, I would suggest that you refrain from 'grouping' people into boxes for convenience. It's likely you don't know too many people on this Forum, so don't know their situations and/or what they have either been through or assisted others to overcome in the field of topic ;)

Thanks for your revue of my written language. Must just mention that if I'd suggested that " my opinions are a class above" , I'd have IMPLIED it - you'd have inferred it, and by the way a sentence needs a subject. I mean ,I wouldn't say anything ,but you seem to be setting yourself up as an expert.
Again , I can't see why you want to try and push me around from behind your keyboard instead of talking about the subject, and I'm a bit mystified why you and one or two others want to act like children in a schoolyard forming little gangs to pick on someone.

Why don't you just state your opinions on the subject and let others do the same , which is the purpose and point of discussing things. I repeat that I really don't care if you've formed some irrational dislike for someone on a forum about whom you know nothing . I'm interested in your opinions about football or other subjects , but I'm not interested in hearing you spit bile at me or anyone else or sharing your enormous ego with me.

As you've said, we don't know who we're talking to on here and whilst you're certainly not going to bother or upset me, you should bear in mind that you could just as easily be taunting a youngster or unstable individual who could be very intimidated and upset by it.

Let me ask you, once again, to lay off the childish name calling and stay on point.

Actually, having had time to reflect upon this, I've decided that I'm far too old to be getting upset by your nonsense and rudeness. This is supposed to be fun, not unpleasant and, whilst there are some very nice people here who have polite , intelligent and often entertaining conversations , it's not worth putting up with constant insults and rudeness from you Sven.

I've asked you several times to stick to the conversation , but you won't do that and whilst I've always believed that bullies must be stood up to , there's not much to be gained from constantly countering your abuse every time you try to catch up with what the real Cardiff City supporters are talking about. Much as I love reading their opinions and keeping in touch with the current fans, I find that you hone in upon me on every occasion with your stupid little vendettas.

Therefore I won't bother to participate for a while at least because there's not any point in continuing in what you have converted into a very negative thing.

Just put anyone you can't get on with on your ignore list its Brilliant I've done it to a couple of irritating people on here so cannot read what they say to you it let's you get on with life on here without hassle. :thumbup:

Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:23 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Sven wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:I said a while ago, didn't I ,that we'd only find out the truth about his problems when he wrote an expose in one of the newspapers .
He's the latest in a long series of faulted players including some really great players who go along like this, and I'm afraid the newspaper "confessional" is usually the swan song rather than a renaissance. Of course I share the hopeful sentiments expressed here, and if he can correct the problem no one will be more delighted than me, but I think we'd be unwise to make any assumptions that anything will change.
It's a terrible thing that some very very talented players, which I think Lee Tomlin is, cannot cope with the pressures of success

Let's just see what happens, shall we? It's over to Tomlin now and only time will tell; or do you have experience in psychology, precognition and a personal insight to the guys personal state and character on top of all your other claimed (but hard to substantiate) traits? :?

Until now, people have judged Tomlin on his footballing prowess rather than his personal attributes and he has failed to be all that might have been expected. This 'article' may give him some leeway (I hope it does) but he will still be judged on what he does in a Cardiff City shirt and for the money he is on, that is how it should be

As an aside, this likely explains Tomlin's comments that the club (and manager in particular) have been nothing but supportive of him in his time at the club

Once again you divert from the thing being discussed to aim a personal attack upon me. What's more, I see that one of your little chums jumps in to try and tag team me.
I have no idea why you're so obsessed with my background because I've never "claimed" anything about it here. It's got nothing whatever to do with discussing football and, quite frankly , nothing to do with you. Insofar as I give a rats arse, ( which isn't much actually ), I assume that you feel challenged because you're used to talking down to people, but it's very unpleasant and impolite so I wish you'd stop it.

In an attempt to get back to the subject in hand, and since you ask, I have got experience of people losing the plot and that effecting their ability to carry out their duties or manage their personal affairs, but my comments here were specifically based upon a number of footballers who've had these problems - Denis Wise comes to mind as an example. They tend to follow a particular pattern, which is how I was able to foresee the " confessional " newspaper interview and, unfortunately it's usually far too late by the time it gets to that stage.
Footballers have a very short playing career due to age, and this is even more so than it used to be, so any improvement is time limited isn't it ?
If you want me to be blunt, then posting pictures of yourself in your underpants to prove you're fit and telling the press about your mental problems probably aren't indicators of a full recovery, and extreme sudden weight loss is more often a sign of depression than improved fitness. However, as you will undoubtedly point out, I'm not a psychiatrist, and it's not my intention to attempt an amateur diagnosis
Based upon all of this , I'm not quite as optimistic as some seem to be that we can expect a dynamic improvement in his contribution. I certainly hope I'm wrong because I think he's a very talented player who, if he could deliver, would solve many problems in our team. Far more importantly, I would like to see him happier and more content in himself.

No one would be more delighted than me if he made good for the team and himself this season, it's just that I don't think anyone should be holding their breath or relying upon it.

The same denis wise,who made over 400 appearances for Chelsea? Ranking 7th on the list of games played ,yeah of course he failed to conquer his demons didn't he :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:17 am

Brutally honest. Fair play to Lee Tomlin. It takes balls to admit such thoughts. He’s gone up in my estimations,however it will take Warnock assessing his consistency on the training field for me to back his inclusion in the 18 match day squad. No matter what he does, and think he’ll be hard pushed to unseat Bobby Reid at No10

Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:47 am

Stick to the topic ffs.. if you girls wanna catcall each other, do it via pm.

It’s putting people off the board.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:00 am

rumpo kid wrote:Stick to the topic ffs.. if you girls wanna catcall each other, do it via pm.

I’m not sure it does but it’s difficult for some with an ‘I told you so’ and ‘know it all’ attitude constantly bleeting on and on in almost every thread.
And I’m not talking about Sven.

With regards to the Tomlin OP which I posted I think almost everybody is in agreement that if he can get in the side early and starts well, keeps fit and focused, he should be a great asset this season.
I wish him well but I’m not convinced as yet.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:57 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Stick to the topic ffs.. if you girls wanna catcall each other, do it via pm.

I’m not sure it does but it’s difficult for some with an ‘I told you so’ and ‘know it all’ attitude constantly bleeting on and on in almost every thread.

And I’m not talking about Sven.

With regards to the Tomlin OP which I posted I think almost everybody is in agreement that if he can get in the side early and starts well, keeps fit and focused, he should be a great asset this season.
I wish him well but I’m not convinced as yet.

Thanks, Paul. I'm with you on the Tomlin thing and I now hope he can become an integral part of the City squad/team this coming season :thumbright:

My whole point was that the character who currently calls itself SJS has reverted to type of late and has slowly but surely begun his latest attempts to impose his narrow and self-important views. This was shown in this very thread, where he wrote Lee Tomlin off as if he knew the full inside story; something none of us appeared to do and for which many have rightly taken a step or two back and shown some sympathy to the man (Tomlin) whose circumstances we may have misjudged

I don't see where my opening post went 'off topic' (as I was accused of doing) and we have yet to see a reasoned response that actually deals with the comments made in it. Once again, it is deflection, reflection and downright conceit from the one who thinks he is the only person on here with a view that counts. That's NOT debate!

I'm content to be the target of his frustrations, as it bothers me not. However, it is worth looking at the reactions of other people who dare question him or his omnipresent views also get

He says (quote): "Therefore I won't bother to participate for a while..."

Sounds like a tantrum to me; but it's his prerogative and we can only hope! :thumbup:

Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Sven wrote:

Let's just see what happens, shall we? It's over to Tomlin now and only time will tell; or do you have experience in psychology, precognition and a personal insight to the guys state of mind and character on top of all your other claimed (but hard to substantiate) traits? :?

Well put Chris