Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fantastic home & away kit last season Cardiff C,the complete

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:58 am

Fantastic home & away kit last season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: #CardiffCity The complete opposite this season! Sure there will some fans out there liking both the home & away kits but for me a big step down from last season. Whatever happened to the yellow that went so well with the blue & white?

No thought, no care, cheap
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fantastic home & away kit last season Cardiff C,the comp

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:11 am

Home kit nicer last year. Away kit nicer this year.

Goes in roundabouts. Can't please all. Others will disagree with above.

But ones things for sure, we'll sell loads, which can only be good for the club...

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:13 am

Totally agree last seasons kit was much better
The home shirt looks a lot darker because of the black they ve added to it
:bluescarf: h

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:14 am

Interesting, I do agree NO thought at all on the home kit, but as long as its Blue I am happy :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

As to away, I never liked the green, I actually quite like the Orange :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:Interesting, I do agree NO thought at all on the home kit, but as long as its Blue I am happy :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

As to away, I never liked the green, I actually quite like the Orange :thumbright:

Smart kit

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:46 am

Every new Championship kit rated as Leeds United underwhelm but Cardiff City and Swansea City get it very right we say.

By Tom Coleman (Media Wales)

Wednesday 10th July 2010

Championship clubs are gearing up for the new season by releasing the strips their sides will be donning for the upcoming season.

Some teams are yet to reveal what attire they will be taking to the pitch for the 2019/20 campaign, but the majority of the second tier have already released their new kits.

Derby County, Middlesbrough and Hull City were early with their kits, and we've dissected each strip that's been released so far.

Cardiff City, Fulham and Nottingham Forest have recently joined the party with smart-looking strips, but there are some horror shows too.

So read on to see how Media Wales have rated every kit that has been released so far this summer.

Birmingham City

Birmingham City’s home kit for 2019/20 is a very smart number, capped off by a darker blue tint on the sleeves and a white finish. However, the let-down is the sponsor branding - it would be fine if it wasn’t for the yellow slogan underneath.

Rating : 3/5

Blackburn Rovers

(Image: Blackburn Rovers FC)

Now this is nice. A really simple, clean elegant effort here that results in a tasteful, modern-looking shirt. The red trim on the sleeves adds a nice flash of colour that brings everything together really nicely. Great stuff.

Rating : 5/5

Brentford

(Image: Brentford FC)

Waving goodbye to Griffin Park, Brentford’s kit for the 2019/20 season is exactly what you’d expect from a red and white striped shirt but the look is let down by the sponsor.

Rating : 2/5

Bristol City

(Image: Bristol CIty FC)

Simple but effective, red with a white trim always works. With a sleek, modern new badge, the Robins’ home kit for the 2019/20 season is one of the best we have seen so far. Perhaps it could have been a bit more unique, though.

Rating : 4/5

Cardiff City

(Image: Cardiff City FC)

No messing from Cardiff, who stick to the tried and tested approach with Adidas. Nice touch with the Bluebird on the back and the detailing in the shirt keeps it fresh.

Derby County

(Image: Derby County FC)
Now this is how you do it. Stick with what you know but make a slight tweak to make it stand out. The white and black stripes on the sleeves may not be everyone’s cup of tea but the end result is definitely recognisable.

Fulham

(Image: Fulham FC)
A minimalist design but one that packs a punch. Nice and simple from the Cottagers, who stick to their roots with this fine number.

Rating: 4/5

Hull City

(Image: Hull City)
A throwback to the 1990s, the shirt should actually be thrown back at the designer. The look for the Tigers is a step too far. What’s wrong with stripes? Definitely the worst kit of the year.

Rating : 0/5

Leeds United

(Image: Leeds United FC)

Leeds have produced some utterly stonking kits in recent years, but this one is just little, well, dull. It's quite smart, but given that this is a kit to celebrate their centenary, it's a pretty bland design.

Rating : 2/5

Luton Town

(Image: Luton Town FC)
Luton Town’s home kit, unsurprisingly, is orange but there are some bold choices. The effect on the orange looks good, as does the white sleeves, but the choice of a black chunk to finish rather than just a trim is disappointing.

Middlesbrough

(Image: Middlesbrough FC)
It’s a bit different, which is good, and also takes fans a trip down memory lane. It’s a smart way to shake things up with a kit that is usually all red with a white trim but I expect it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea.

Millwall

(Image: Millwall FC)

Millwall have produced some dud kits over the years, but this one is actually rather nice. The unusual sponsor alone makes it a potential future favourite for the retro kit collector, but the overall design pops a lot more than previous efforts. Simple, but very well executed.

Rating: 4/5

Nottingham Forest

(Image: Nottingham Forest FC)
Not a bad first effort from Macron - not sure about the printed-on badge, though.

Rating: 2/5

Preston North End

(Image: Preston North End FC)
How do you change a white kit? Go with a slightly different approach. The navy sections and Nike badge look well, while credit should also go to a sponsor that doesn’t look out of place. It’s simple with a slight touch of inventiveness, which works for me.

QPR

(Image: QPR FC)
Smart, but ultimately underwhelming from QPR. The polo detail is nice but doesn't belong on a football shirt.

Stoke City

(Image: Stoke City FC)

What can you do with red and white stripes? Not a lot, really, and Stoke City haven’t tried to be different with their kit for 2019/20. The collar is smart, as is the overall look, but it isn’t one that will stand out in the coming years.

Swansea City

Swansea City's new home and away kits (Image: Swansea City FC)
It’s tough for Swansea to veer too far away from their classic white shirt with black trim, but this looks smart. The black collar adds a nice touch and earns them some extra marks.

West Brom

Does it look much different? No, but there is still a lot that could go wrong. West Brom stick to the basics and emerge with a very smart kit and it’s nice to see a sponsor that fits the kit perfectly.

Wigan Athletic

It's a near total revamp on last year's effort. This season sees Wigan go for a solid royal blue with white pinstripes, along with the a really green trim on the sleeves. It's not particularly exciting, but at the same time there's little to take issue with. A pretty average effort.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:27 am

Away kit

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:20 am

I don't buy them but I think the away kit is a lot nicer than last seasons wishy washy one.

Not a huge fan of the home top but I like the white shorts and blue socks, I'm glad it's the darker royal blue though. We have had worse blue tops that's for sure.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 am

I didn't like the silver/grey away strip last year and I much prefer the orange kit to the green one. Think the orange kit would look better with blue shorts though.

Not a fan of the black in the home shirt but I do like that we have gone back to white shorts.

Just wish we could get a decent looking shirt sponsor though! The 'Visit Malaysia' just looks cheap.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:51 pm

Escott1927 wrote:I didn't like the silver/grey away strip last year and I much prefer the orange kit to the green one. Think the orange kit would look better with blue shorts though.

Not a fan of the black in the home shirt but I do like that we have gone back to white shorts.

Just wish we could get a decent looking shirt sponsor though! The 'Visit Malaysia' just looks cheap.

I think im one of few who like the sponsorship looking plain and simple with the focus more on the top. I see these betting companies and foreign writing over some shirts and think how stupid do people look wearing these.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:I didn't like the silver/grey away strip last year and I much prefer the orange kit to the green one. Think the orange kit would look better with blue shorts though.

I think im one of few who like the sponsorship looking plain and simple with the focus more on the top. I see these betting companies and foreign writing over some shirts and think how stupid do people look wearing these.

Nope. I'm with you on that. And at least there is a link between sponsor and club.

Like you say Chinese writing and a poker chip on the front of your shirt. Wtf?!

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:56 pm

I agree with the majority on here, think the home kit was better last season but the away kit is better this season.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:30 pm

I've never bought one for myself, but have bought them for my kids before. The main problem is the very boring straight 'Visit Malaysia' logo, it just looks like something you could have done in any T-shirt printing shop. It needs to be swirled, slanted, anything to make it stand out.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Think this years home shirt would look better, if the darker blue/black spots were actually lighter blue than the main blue of the shirt.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:12 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:I've never bought one for myself, but have bought them for my kids before. The main problem is the very boring straight 'Visit Malaysia' logo, it just looks like something you could have done in any T-shirt printing shop. It needs to be swirled, slanted, anything to make it stand out.

I disagree mate, I think the advertising logo’s on modern shirts are the worst aspect and shouldn’t be made to stand out.
Not keen on this kit, like the orange kit, liked last years kit both home and away.

But really, I’m happy with blue!!!