Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WEDNESDAY BRACED FOR BRUCE PLAY

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:52 am

WEDNESDAY BRACED FOR BRUCE PLAY

10/07/19

Sheffield Wednesday are braced for an official approach from Newcastle United for their manager Steve Bruce.

The Owls’ manager returns from Portugal today, and Newcastle are keen to have a new man in place by the time they fly to China to take part in The Asia Cup on Saturday.

Bruce is seen as a safe pair of hands and would get on well with Mike Ashley and the club’s hierarchy.

Re: WEDNESDAY BRACED FOR BRUCE PLAY

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:09 am

Wednesday would have been my dark horse for a promotion/play-off place under Bruce.If I was in his shoes I would think very carefully before taking that job as he's likely to be working with a weaker squad than Raffa had last season.Didn't he quit Hull a few seasons because he felt he would not be supported properly when he got them promoted?

Re: WEDNESDAY BRACED FOR BRUCE PLAY

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Wednesday would have been my dark horse for a promotion/play-off place under Bruce.If I was in his shoes I would think very carefully before taking that job as he's likely to be working with a weaker squad than Raffa had last season.Didn't he quit Hull a few seasons because he felt he would not be supported properly when he got them promoted?

I really hope he leaves Wednesday for Newcastle as im with you, I had Wednesday down as dark horses for promotion after the way they ended last season under Bruce. Would be very disruptive for Sheffield Wednesday if they lost their manager 4-5 weeks before the start of the season.