Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Lee Tomlin and striker Gary Madine missing '

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:32 am

Cardiff City will be without midfielder Lee Tomlin and striker Gary Madine for the Canada/Mexico/USA tour because of visa issues.

They will instead join the club's Under-23 squad for games in Devon and Cornwall, led by first team coach Ronnie Jepson.

Cardiff travel on Thursday to take on USL Championship teams San Antonio and New Mexico before facing Spanish La Liga side Real Vallodolid in Edmonton, Canada.

Warnock added: "Things have gone well so far. The other lads worked hard last week and now it's about getting games under their belts. I'm looking forward to it."

Re: ' Lee Tomlin and striker Gary Madine missing '

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 am

My view both have criminal records for violence so thats why they can't get Visa's for those countries.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:42 am

It's a shame really, they are the two main players that had something to prove, this could set them back, hopefully, they will knuckle down with the under 23's and get their chance to shine when the squad get back!!!

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:My view both have criminal records for violence so thats why they can't get Visa's for those countries.

Agree i cant got to the usa either

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:47 am

Big blow for both of them, I can see them both going to be honest. Shame as I think Medine offers us something upfront but it just means Warnock has to get better.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Big blow for both of them, I can see them both going to be honest. Shame as I think Medine offers us something upfront but it just means Warnock has to get better.

He offered virtually nothing in all the games he played for us. No skill, no goals and doesn't punch his weight in the air. Very one dimensional. I almost never criticise our players but I don't think he has ever "bought in" to Cardiff City, and when he was on loan to Sheffield United he virtually said as much himself. Can't see us getting our £6m back, or anything close to it. I'd offer Madine and Bogle plus cash to Portsmouth in exchange for Jamal Lowe.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Jazz pulled out last minute with an injury too, taking one of the youngsters instead

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:35 pm

streamfeeder wrote:Jazz pulled out last minute with an injury too, taking one of the youngsters instead

Not surprised about this really. Why on earth did we extend his contract!? We Would have been better off using his wages to bring in a youngster with a bit of potential. At least we would have a player that can actually play a match.

Massive blow for madine and Tomlin though! More gutted about Tomlin, seems he’s well up for it this season. This will make it harder for both players to make the team now.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:49 pm

moonboots wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Big blow for both of them, I can see them both going to be honest. Shame as I think Medine offers us something upfront but it just means Warnock has to get better.

He offered virtually nothing in all the games he played for us. No skill, no goals and doesn't punch his weight in the air. Very one dimensional. I almost never criticise our players but I don't think he has ever "bought in" to Cardiff City, and when he was on loan to Sheffield United he virtually said as much himself. Can't see us getting our £6m back, or anything close to it. I'd offer Madine and Bogle plus cash to Portsmouth in exchange for Jamal Lowe.

To be fair to him I don't think he had the best chances with us promotion season, generally played in away games and we were literally just launching it to him and hoping.

I think the penalty miss and the open goal V derby all but put the coffin in for him. I'm not his biggest fan and he will be on a decent wage so its hard to imagine anyone offering anything decent for him. I think his best chance was having a brilliant preseason but that seems out the window now.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
moonboots wrote:

To be fair to him I don't think he had the best chances with us promotion season, generally played in away games and we were literally just launching it to him and hoping.

I think the penalty miss and the open goal V derby all but put the coffin in for him. I'm not his biggest fan and he will be on a decent wage so its hard to imagine anyone offering anything decent for him. I think his best chance was having a brilliant preseason but that seems out the window now.

Can't disagree with your summing up of the situation. :thumbup:

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:Jazz pulled out last minute with an injury too, taking one of the youngsters instead

Not surprised about this really. Why on earth did we extend his contract!? We Would have been better off using his wages to bring in a youngster with a bit of potential. At least we would have a player that can actually play a match.

Massive blow for madine and Tomlin though! More gutted about Tomlin, seems he’s well up for it this season. This will make it harder for both players to make the team now.

Nothing serious apparently and he may still travel, the criminal record thing makes sense on the other 2 they will just have to put the effort in and show Warnock what they can do in the Nice game

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Kieffer Moore of Barnsley is attracting interest. A good goal scorer and a bit of a unit at 6ft 5. An effective target man and good skill levels for a big man. Better than Madine in my opinion.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:07 pm

streamfeeder wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Nothing serious apparently and he may still travel, the criminal record thing makes sense on the other 2 they will just have to put the effort in and show Warnock what they can do in the Nice game

Don't spoil it with positivity; the Jazz Band won't like it! ;) :laughing6: