Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEW STRIKER FOR CANADA , NOT.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:30 pm

Looks like zohore only, no patterson, madine,now that reid is supposed to be playing in camarrasa's slot, i was hoping we would have signed a striker by now for this trip to try out and bed in new striker, but its looking like another wait and see till the transfer window closes which is a pity.

Re: NEW STRIKER FOR CANADA , NOT.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:54 pm

montyblue wrote:Looks like zohore only, no patterson, madine,now that reid is supposed to be playing in camarrasa's slot, i was hoping we would have signed a striker by now for this trip to try out and bed in new striker, but its looking like another wait and see till the transfer window closes which is a pity.

what about Ward? and god forbid Healy :lol:

Its all about fitness anyway, he will probably play Reid upfront to get game time for the midfielders.

I don't see a striker coming in anytime soon, if a club are selling a striker for a decent amount they will either want to drag it out and try and get more for him or get others interested or want someone lined up to replace them.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Perhaps it will be 2 loans now especially if we can’t shift Madine as I still don’t think he figures in NW plans.
Loans normally end up coming in late.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:08 pm

Reid is playing in camarassa's position?

Have you just plucked that out of thin air or do you know Warnock?

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:12 pm

nubbsy wrote:Reid is playing in camarassa's position?

Have you just plucked that out of thin air or do you know Warnock?

I think most people are assuming as much. He pretty much played in that position when Camarasa was out and Warnock himself said its the reason he didn't play as much last season.

I think it's a pretty safe bet unless Warnock changes how we set up which seems unlikely.