Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Has Boris dropped a b#llock..........

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I slightly disagree. The former prime ministers are not pro EU, they are pro big business and globalization, they may and probably are the same thing, but its not the project, it’s the consequence they want to protect.

Currently there are three major blocks. USA, China and the EU. Each obviously wants to protect their own markets even at the expense of the others. You could argue all day longer about the strengths and weaknesses of each block. Two are single countries that that pride themselves under a single flag. Two have several languages and cultures within the block. Two are “free” market economies with democratically elected governments.

Globalization has made many corporations and those at the top very very wealthy. Stupidly wealthy. They need to protect the status quo, especially the EU based ones as any weakness will be exploited by the other two blocks. The European globalization lackeys (Blair, Major, Brown, May) wouldn’t really care if Barclays lost market share to Deutsche bank or BNP Paribas, but the likely hood is they’ll lose that share to Morgan Stanley or Citi and that hurts their buddies and other secretive groups they are associated with. They all started with good intentions but real power corrupts. I believe they believe in what they are saying is best for the country, but they are so connected to the 1% they have a distorted view of the world.

The beauty of the EU is you only have to influence one group, the commission and not five or six biggish governments. This makes getting your way so much easier. The MEP’s are as useful and have as much power as the House of lords. How many other democracies top position is not decided by the members of the elected government or directly elected by the populous. It’s just China and Russia without the pretense.

There is no way the UK leaves without a deal !!!! It won’t be allowed. It will all be about the optics. BJ is the only one who can end this. He accepts a deal that can take the extremists in his party with him as well as labour. He doesn’t get a deal and parliament tosses around and causes a General election where labour or the tories may get decimated and ultimately splitting never to see power as a single entity ever again.

For political parties and those who plan to build wealth and a career around them it will be troubling. But they in the guise of globalization (EU) have already taken the coal, steel, engineering, manufacturing away, so it won’t really hurt me anyway.

BJ or Hunt it won’t make a difference the only one they didn’t want is Corbyn, but the labour globalists have nearly killed him off as well.

Ok they just don't want to leave EU full stop! Can have nothing but contempt for them as they are denying the will of the people just for their own personal reasons ? Makes you wonder why MPs go into politics if they are not going to represent the very people who elected them in 1st place!

1) For the money 2) Nobody else would employ them.

Well hunt is being desisive will we leave by xmas I expect to! will we be in EU by 2020 I don't expect so! And He's is pinning his Hope's on negotiating new deal with EU the same ones who basically say deal is not re- nogotaible Doesnt fill you with confidence in him getting anywhere.. :old: