Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ 5,500 Standing Area ‘

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:32 am

First glimpse of Wolves' new railed seating at Molineux

By Liam Keen | Wolverhampton | Wolves | Jul 11 math 2019

The first rows of railed seats are being installed at Molineux as Wolves move a step closer to safe standing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ 5,500 Standing area ‘

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:43 am

Not sure how the club is getting away with allowing the central Canton to stand - I'm in 106 - but so far as that part of the ground is concerned, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Be good to see this in other parts of the ground though.

Re: ‘ 5,500 Standing Area ‘

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Need this down the city in the canton.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Would absolutely love to see this in the canton

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Why do we need this in the Canton? Everyone already stands as it is ??

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:18 pm

alexccfc wrote:Why do we need this in the Canton? Everyone already stands as it is ??

Exactly

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Can’t see the need in them, they don’t look great and everyone stands in the canton as it is. If we were to spend anything on the seats it would be to change the red seats to blue for me

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:02 pm

alexccfc wrote:Why do we need this in the Canton? Everyone already stands as it is ??

For my shit knees...

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Need some in the Ninian

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:38 pm

It would defo crank up the atmosphere.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:46 pm

You do have a safety barrier to hold onto or behind you to stop getting pushed, at the moment in the canton your free to fall anywhere" but you don't see it often
i have only seen it happen when we got promoted against reading and a couple fell but trying to get onto the pitch.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:Would absolutely love to see this in the canton

I would hate to see this in The Canton, what a complete and utter waste of money. :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:45 pm

TERRYB wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:Would absolutely love to see this in the canton

I would hate to see this in The Canton, what a complete and utter waste of money. :bluescarf:

Completely agree with you on this.
Sick of people going on and on about standing.
The Canton is fine as it is.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:52 pm

If ever this was in the Canton (say the middle 3 blocks) then those blocks would have to be fenced off.

Otherwise you'd have people from other blocks trying to get in.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:53 pm

“The canton is fine as it is”. “Everyone stands in the canton anyway” etc etc.

It’s called Safe standing. Where we all stand in the canton, that isn’t safe standing. These seats are designed with rails on them so you can’t charge forward and cause injury to others.

People complaining about positive changes to standing in football like

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:37 pm

BlueDredd wrote:“The canton is fine as it is”. “Everyone stands in the canton anyway” etc etc.

It’s called Safe standing. Where we all stand in the canton, that isn’t safe standing. These seats are designed with rails on them so you can’t charge forward and cause injury to others.

This wouldnt be a positive change though
Waste of money!

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:03 pm

BlueDredd wrote:“The canton is fine as it is”. “Everyone stands in the canton anyway” etc etc.

I can't recall ever seeing anyone charge forward in the Canton. I'm not sure how they'd do it even. Would they hurdle the seats like Colin Jackson?

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:15 am

Robin Friday's Ghost wrote:

I can't recall ever seeing anyone charge forward in the Canton. I'm not sure how they'd do it even. Would they hurdle the seats like Colin Jackson?

I’ve seen people injured at away matches through people falling forward and over seats. Southampton was one in particular

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:36 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Robin Friday's Ghost wrote:

I’ve seen people injured at away matches through people falling forward and over seats. Southampton was one in particular

The seating issue is a massive problem, as anyone who has been involved with the HSE and/or involved in an incident will tell you

Unfortunately, there are always those whose selfish 'wants' (not really needs) will see them flaunt the rules put in place to keep them safe

I've no objection to standing per say; but it must of 'safe' and few grounds currently claim that in the UK