Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Jazz Richards '

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:17 pm

Jazz Richards has hardly kicked a ball for Cardiff City in the last 2 years.

Now going to miss Cardiff City's Pre-Season tour with another illness.

For me its time we moved Richards on, becoming very costly and once again our club carrying another player, but getting nothing back.

Thankfully Richards contract runs out next June.

Played 4 matches in the Premier League for City last season.

Played 6 matches in the Championship for City the season before last.

Now out again.

OPINIONS?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Jazz Richards '

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:22 pm

On 19 July 2016, Richards joined Championship club Cardiff City on a three-year-deal in a swap move which saw Scott Malone join Fulham.

He made his debut in a goalless draw at Birmingham City.

After starting the season in the first team, Richards suffered a training injury in September that led to him missing three months of the season. His lengthy rehabilitation prompted manager Neil Warnock to quip

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I've had lads with broken legs recover quicker than him." He eventually made his return on 2 January, as unused substitute against Aston Villa.[49][50] He enjoyed an extended run in the first team soon after, playing in ten of the club's following twelve matches, stating that he felt that he had "a lot more to show. I think I'm nowhere near my full potential." In his first season with Cardiff, he appeared in a career high 26 league matches.

At the start of the following season, Richards again suffered an injury blow early in the season, being forced to undergo surgery after hurting his ankle during 2–1 victory over Sunderland on 23 September 2017. He returned from injury in January 2018, playing in five matches before his season was ended by a further injury. He made only eleven appearances in all competitions during the season as Cardiff achieved promotion after finishing as runners-up.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:48 pm

I do think its a shame because when I've seen him ive always thought he's played well and is good defensively and offensively. However he's always injured. Id like to see us sell him or loan him out this window and give have Cameron Coxe as back up.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Good player on his day .. I just think he must be made from Quavers

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Did we not invoke an extension to his contract?

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:17 pm

I don't understand how or why his contract was extended. Whose his bloody agent?

Madness.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:19 pm

What injury has he suffered?

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:11 pm

fred keenor wrote:What injury has he suffered?

Congestion.

Ridiculous

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:22 pm

I can’t believe we extended his contract to be honest. He’s an absolute waste of time and wages at the moment. It’s a shame because he’s looked solid on the rare occasion I’ve seen him play. I said this in another thread but we would be better off taking a gamble and using his wages to bring in a youngster with a bit of promise. At least we could potentially develop a player that can actually play first team football.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Have to agree , unfortunately some players just always have injuries.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Injury, injury, injury, illness's,injury, injury, illness. Whoever extended his contract should resign, whoever it is. Not saying it's the lads fault but there something radically wrong here.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 pm

Offload if we can.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 am

I was told he has had a really good pre season, hope its nothing serious as hes a good player on his day and the fastest player at the club

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:45 am

Waste of space , i dont believe hes injured. Nobody can be injured for that length of time, if his body is that bad he should be forced to retire instead of robbing a wage off cardiff

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:56 am

Why am I not surprised by this ?

City as a club are getting it right across the club but to give Jazz an extension baffles me

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:00 am

streamfeeder wrote:I was told he has had a really good pre season, hope its nothing serious as hes a good player on his day and the fastest player at the club

Shhh, don't spoil it for the Jazz Band; they don't like positivity surrounding the guy ;)

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:02 am

He wants to go back and play for Swansea.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:10 am

Jackarmy777 wrote:He wants to go back and play for Swansea.

Now you'e just being stupid (or in your case more stupid) :roll: :oops:

Once you done Jack, you never go back! ;) :lol:

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 am

Sven wrote:

It’s well known, he’s wants to go back to Swansea

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:30 am

Jackarmy777 wrote:
Sven wrote:

You need to deal with the delusional voices in your head on several levels, fella! ;) :lol: :lol:

I'd like to be able to say it's good to see you back...but it isn't! :oops:

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:04 am

Jackarmy777 wrote:
Sven wrote:

He’s a good player ........... when fit. So if he wants to go back to you lot I’ll drive him back free of charge so you can watch him for the 4 games a season he’ll play for you !!!!!!

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:10 pm

Seen him looking at a new static van in the Gypo camp by Llansamlet the other day let him go. Never wanted to play for us he can join their team of tramps and sister loving Fans

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:35 am

Jackarmy777 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I think it probably is true, it’s where his friends and family live as well as where he has spent most of his life - but would you want him back personally?

I don’t recall him ever being even close to a regular for us, or even in the picture for a starting role in either the PL or Championship. 39 appearances in 6/7 years, averaging about 6 a season. We even shipped him out on loan 3 times.

It’s a no from me.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:35 am

Agree with most of the sentiments regarding his injury record. However the club are saying he is ill. If true that's just one of those things that happen. Last thing we want is for him to be passing on his illness to the rest of the squad who will be living together for next week or so.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:43 am

His career has never got going here, perhaps a change is best for everyone.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:42 am

JackSensalot wrote:
Jackarmy777 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I think it probably is true, it’s where his friends and family live as well as where he has spent most of his life - but would you want him back personally?

I don’t recall him ever being even close to a regular for us, or even in the picture for a starting role in either the PL or Championship. 39 appearances in 6/7 years, averaging about 6 a season. We even shipped him out on loan 3 times.

It’s a no from me.

Oh dear! How obvious was that quick change? :oops:

You need to use 'Mr Benn' as your next user name, fella! :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:46 pm

Never offered nothing to our club......get rid....jack basted never invested in City.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:40 am

Sven wrote:Oh dear! How obvious was that quick change? :oops:

You need to use 'Mr Benn' as your next user name, fella! :lol: :lol:

What ''quick change''?

Feel free to add to your bizarre posts with an actual accusation or point. These silly vague riddles are not only making you look silly but wrecking threads, which seems like is your intention. If you wish to put an accusation to me then do it, don't be the coward that alludes to something but is always too scared to nail his colours to the mast for fear of being proven wrong.

Tell me one thing in what I posted that is not factually accurate or in keeping with the topic. I think you need to stop this obsessive trolling not only are you wrecking a forum you are volunteering for unpaid in order to help (although I muse it probably isn't as selfless as you would like to claim, and clearly need the position to serve your self interests due to your apparent lack of ability to articulate them).. but also can't be healthy to harbour such constant poison. Cut it out, you aren't impressing anybody ''fella''.

Now allow people to talk football without succumbing to your trolling urges, or is it your intention to do this kind of stuff on every thread I post in?

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:18 pm

JulesK wrote:Injury, injury, injury, illness's,injury, injury, illness. Whoever extended his contract should resign, whoever it is. Not saying it's the lads fault but there something radically wrong here.

You want our Manager to resign because he extended Jazz,s contract?