Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' David Marshall on his Hull exit '

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:21 pm

' David Marshall on his Hull exit '

Former Cardiff City goalkeeper David Marshall insists he’s ready to move on from his release at Hull City.

Marshall has joined Wigan Athletic following on from his release from the Tigers this summer, signing a two-year contract with the Latics.

And, speaking to the Hull Daily Mail, Marshall has lifted the lid on the final straight of his time on Humberside.

DAVID MARSHALL:

“I’ve always been realistic about it all. When I signed we were a Premier League club so there’s always going to be an issue once you’ve been relegated. The club has to cut budgets.

“I didn’t expect to get anything and knowing how well George (Long) was doing I always kept a realistic approach to it.

“Since I’ve been at the club we’ve seen a lot of lads move on at the end of a season. The starting XI from when I joined the club had pretty much left within two years.

“You’re seeing that more and more in football now but during my time at the club no-one really re-signed.

“I would’ve been happy to discuss something if that’s what the club wanted but at the same time I wasn’t expecting it.

“If there’s any disappointment it’s because I would’ve loved for the majority of the squad to have stayed together but it just wasn’t meant to be.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.