Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff 'considering' Glenn Murray ' & Bristol City boss

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Cardiff 'considering' Glenn Murray

That’s according to The Mirror, who claim boss Neil Warnock is a fan of the veteran forward.

Murray is a big fan favourite at current club Brighton, having netted 109 goals in 261 games in two spells for them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff 'considering' Glenn Murray '

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson responds to speculation linking Famara Diedhiou to Cardiff City

11/07/19

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson has dismissed suggestions that striker Famara Diedhiou will be on the move this summer.

Sources in France have previously claimed the Senegalese forward is on the radar of Cardiff City in this window, with Neil Warnock known to be on the look out for attacking reinforcements ahead of the new season.

West Brom and Huddersfield Town were also believed to be interested in a move worth between £8m-£10m.

Diedhiou has representatives in both France and England, and it seems it's the former who have credited the Bluebirds with an interest.

The camp on this side of the Channel has played down the rumours of a departure , insisting that the player is happy with life at Ashton Gate, and those sentiments have been echoed by his manager.

Speaking to Bristol Live after the pre-season friendly win over AFC Wimbledon, a game where Diedhiou scored twice, Johnson said: "I've seen a little bit of the media speculation.

"But it's all news to me. Fam's really happy here and we're really happy with him.

"And I expect him to be here for a long time."

Johnson also played down the significance of the 26-year old's absence from the first week of pre-season training, which only added further weight to speculation of a move away.

"I gave him two or three days extra because of some personal circumstances and I felt it was right that he stayed in Senegal with his family," he explained.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff 'considering' Glenn Murray '

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:25 pm

I know he's getting on but he scored 13 Premier League goals last season. Highly doubt we'd get him.

Re: ' Cardiff 'considering' Glenn Murray ' & Bristol City b

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:31 pm

This has Lambert written all over it surely?

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:This has Lambert written all over it surely?

I thought that at first but Lambert wasn’t fit and had a poor season before whereas Murray scored 13 goals last year in the prem so he’s still got abit going for him clearly, think he’d be class for us in the championship

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:35 pm

13 goals in the Prem last season! Lambert could never say that!

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:38 pm

At that age things can go down hill very quickly in a short space of time. I personally wouldn’t take the risk but you can see, considering his goal scoring record, why Warnock may be interested

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Jimmykingz wrote:At that age things can go down hill very quickly in a short space of time. I personally wouldn’t take the risk but you can see, considering his goal scoring record, why Warnock may be interested

I agree with that, especially in a 46 game season

Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Don't see this happening due to Warnock saying he wanted a striker at a youngish age which Murray is not. Also never thought of Murray as a player who would fit Warnocks style of breaking on the counter and running the channels. Thought he was crap for Brighton against us as well, hardly moved all game and no pace at all. I know he scored 13 goals in the prem last season but at 35 going on 36 Id hope we were looking at a younger striker who we could have for 3-4 years and not a player who's legs will more than likely go in the next 12 months especially if your playing Championship football 2-3 times a week. The last 5 months at Brighton he was shite according to many Brighton fans so hope we're not signing him on the way down and he becomes Rickie Lambert 2:0.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Too old - leave him where he is.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Not for me, not at his age.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:20 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Don't see this happening due to Warnock saying he wanted a striker at a youngish age which Murray is not. Also never thought of Murray as a player who would fit Warnocks style of breaking on the counter and running the channels. Thought he was crap for Brighton against us as well, hardly moved all game and no pace at all. I know he scored 13 goals in the prem last season but at 35 going on 36 Id hope we were looking at a younger striker who we could have for 3-4 years and not a player who's legs will more than likely go in the next 12 months especially if your playing Championship football 2-3 times a week. The last 5 months at Brighton he was shite according to many Brighton fans so hope we're not signing him on the way down and he becomes Rickie Lambert 2:0.

Summed up perfectly for me.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Would destory this league. But cannot see it happening. The type of player he is, age doesn't matter. Great football brain.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:25 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:

how many penalties?

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:26 pm

not the type of player id want to be honest.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:33 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

how many penalties?

Just checked, was 4

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:48 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

how many penalties?

Just checked, was 4

All we need is a penalty taker who can score & we be ok! :laughing6:

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Be nice to get a few penalties first :D

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:44 pm

With half those goals we would’ve stayed up

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:59 pm

With half those goals we would’ve stayed up