Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City and Swansea City set to go head-to-head for

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:42 pm

Cardiff City and Swansea City set to go head-to-head for Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United target - reports

Friday 12th July 2019

Reports in France claim Bordeaux's Senegalese midfielder Younousse Sankhare is a target for both South Wales clubs

Bitter rivals Cardiff City and Swansea City are reportedly jostling for the signature of Bordeaux midfielder Younousse Sankhare.

According to L'Equipe both sides are competing with Premier League newcomers Sheffield United for the 29-year-old, with Blades boss Chris Wilder said to be a big admirer of the Frenchman.

Reports in France suggest United could be about to make a bid, while Nottingham Forest and Villarreal have previously been credited with interest.

It's not yet clear just how much it would take to complete a deal, but reports have speculated that he could be valued at around £4.5m.

Sankhare has spent the last two-and-a-half seasons with the Ligue 1 outfit and still has two years to run on his current deal, but has reportedly been told he is not in boss Paulo Sousa's plans.

However, a move to Sousa's former club Swansea looks unlikely this summer.

The Swans are once again expected to have little cash to play with in this window, and a central midfielder is not believed to be a priority for chairman Trevor Birch or boss Steve Cooper, who are instead keen on a new striker, a centre-back and a replacement for the recently departed Daniel James.

In contrast, Cardiff boss Neil Warnock is open to further strengthening his options in the centre of the park, and is understood to have watched Sankhare in action back in December 2018.

Sankare, who has 373 career appearances to his name, is said to be considering his options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City and Swansea City set to go head-to-head for

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Bull sh*t and lazy journalism straight away as Swansea's chairman has already publicly said they will only be signing free agents and loan players. Add this one to the list!

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:54 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:Bull sh*t and lazy journalism straight away as Swansea's chairman has already publicly said they will only be signing free agents and loan players. Add this one to the list!

Only one winner there then! ;) :lol:

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:58 pm

Sven wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:Bull sh*t and lazy journalism straight away as Swansea's chairman has already publicly said they will only be signing free agents and loan players. Add this one to the list!

Give him a squad number!

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:02 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
Sven wrote:

Give him a squad number!

To ne honest, I opened this thread and thought it was about Jazz Richards after Jackarmy777 posting earlier that Jazz wants to go home to Swansea :laughing6:

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:04 pm

Sven wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
Sven wrote:

Give him a squad number!

To ne honest, I opened this thread and thought it was about Jazz Richards after Jackarmy777 posting earlier that Jazz wants to go home to Swansea :laughing6:

Home to Swansea?! He started at Cardiff haha!

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:36 am

He started in West End actually, Swansea.

But yes, this article is rubbish. We will not be in for anyone over 500k if I were to guess.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:25 am

JackSensalot wrote:He started in West End actually, Swansea.

But yes, this article is rubbish. We will not be in for anyone over 500k if I were to guess.

You won't be in for anyone over 50p if I were to guess :laughing6: :lol:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:13 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:

10p in the £

Disgraceful how you guys bankrupted local businesses

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:44 am

Is this Wales online??

They try to get hits by including both teams in the same headline, only for any relevant informationto fizzle out almost straight away.

They should stop it.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:28 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:

It may well be a good guess too, all depends if we can get the Ayew brothers, Baston and Carroll off the wage books.

Should that happen then I would imagine there would be a bit to spend, not much though.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:38 am

Whoops! Same poster...different user name! ;) :oops: :oops:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Sven wrote:

Same poster as who? This is (was) my only username, I don't need more than one to make a point.

Did you seriously just ban me for commenting about our lack of funds? :?

How about you just let people talk about football on a football forum then?

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:41 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
Sven wrote:

Same poster as who? This is (was) my only username, I don't need more than one to make a point.

Did you seriously just ban me for commenting about our lack of funds? :?

How about you just let people talk about football on a football forum then?

You can cry wolf all you like but that would be to think others are as daft as you! ;) :oops:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Sven wrote:
You can cry wolf all you like but that would be to think others are as daft as you! ;) :oops:

I’m still unsure of the accusation in order to cry wolf, but feel free to elaborate.

If you are implying I have more than one account then you are either a liar or hopelessly paranoid with a rather large chip on your shoulder, only you can answer which. I can tell you for a fact however, that I don’t, never have and will never need to, I’m quite capable of having my opinions stand on it’s their own via one account (maybe that is what has scared you?). That’s up to you whether you wish to believe me or not, personally I couldn’t give a toss.

What I would suggest however is that you allow people to talk about football and not ban them for no reason whatsoever just for what you perceive to be your own personal gain and cut out the pathetic and bizarre insults and set an example of how to behave - considering you have been appointed moderator on here.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:13 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
Sven wrote:

I’m still unsure of the accusation in order to cry wolf, but feel free to elaborate.

If you are implying I have more than one account then you are either a liar or hopelessly paranoid with a rather large chip on your shoulder, only you can answer which. I can tell you for a fact however, that I don’t, never have and will never need to. That’s up to you whether you wish to believe me or not, personally I couldn’t give a toss.

What I would suggest however is that you allow people to talk about football and not ban them for no reason whatsoever just for what you perceive to be your own personal gain and cut out the pathetic and bizarre insults and set an example of how to behave - considering you have been appointed moderator on here.

IF you are a ‘double user’ who has ‘previous’ for abuse or whatsoever on here then, as a moderator, he is absolutely right to ban you.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:17 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
IF you are a ‘double user’ who has ‘previous’ for abuse or whatsoever on here then, as a moderator, he is absolutely right to ban you.

That goes for anyone. But I am not. He has clearly guessed and got it spectacularly wrong, I assume just based on the team I support. So in that case he couldn’t be more wrong to ban someone based on a hunch with clearly zero substance behind it.

I am dead against online abuse of any kind and you will see that from my post history. Have only ever posted sensible views and been respectful with every one.
Last edited by JackSensealot on Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:18 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That goes for anyone. But I am not. He has clearly guessed and got it spectacularly wrong, I assume just based on the team I support.

I am dead against online abuse of any kind and you will see that from my post history. Have only ever posted sensible views and been respectful with every one.

I did say ‘if’ mate :thumbup:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:24 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I did say ‘if’ mate :thumbup:

And I agreed.

However the fact remains I am NOT a double user and have never abused anybody. Just a prime example of someone taking their own personal biases regarding a club they clearly dislike and acting upon it to the detriment on the forum.

I thought supporters of all clubs were welcome on here?

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:36 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
Sven wrote:

If you are implying I have more than one account then you are either a liar or hopelessly paranoid with a rather large chip on your shoulder, only you can answer which. I can tell you for a fact however, that I don’t, never have and will never need to, I’m quite capable of having my opinions stand on it’s their own via one account (maybe that is what has scared you?). That’s up to you whether you wish to believe me or not, personally I couldn’t give a toss.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess you'd be back, bitter one; it's what you do...! :thumbup:

Chip on my shoulder? :? Hardly. I just don't like people who can't be honest and troll; but I will admit you are balanced...you have a'chip' on both shoulders and clearly do (quote) "give a toss"

And I don't have 'personal gain' on here; I am simply looking after the Forum and its (majority of) decent members

Fair do's, you never give up but just that post alone gives you up! ;) :thumbup:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:43 pm

That’s just a load of hot air and smileys with no substance whatsoever.

Point to any single one of my posts as a reason to ban me or act the way you are and we can start the discussion there but we both know you can’t. Which is why we are basing this so far on a pretty hapless guess.

That simply leaves us with the ACTUAL facts. You can deny it and post as many riddles and smileys as you like, but you are currently taking out your frustration on me built up by either the team I support or someone you have a chip on your shoulder over that you believe me to be - you are acting in self interest and I have no doubt others will see that also.

Here is a crazy idea. Let people talk football on a football forum, ban them if they misbehave. Mad idea eh? Coz currently the only person making threads unpleasant is you with this vendetta.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Anyone that's been posting on here for a few years or more can tell who this is.
No matter how many times he denies it.

No proof or substance needed.

I have made my mind up....he can stamp his feet if he wants :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:01 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
Sven wrote:
It’s just a load of hot air and smileys with no substance whatsoever.

Point to any single one of my posts as a reason to ban me or act the way you are and we can start the discussion there but we both know you can’t.

That simply leaves us with the actual facts. You can deny it and post as many riddles and smileys as you like, but you are currently taking out your frustration on me built up by either the team I support or someone you have a chip on your shoulder over that you believe me to be - you are acting in self interest and I have no doubt others will see that also.

Here is a crazy idea. Let people talk football on a football forum, ban them if they misbehave. Mad idea eh?

No smilies (just to keep you a tincey wincey bit happy and sooth your sore ego) and not a mad idea all; so long as it's done on a level and the people position are up front and honest; something I firmly believe you are not

For someone claiming to be a (relatively) new poster, you are straight into it and your 'faux pas' comment (quote) "I am dead against online abuse of any kind and you will see that from my post history"

History of what? Twenty or so posts, according to your last two user names? Are there more you'll admit to?

Your reactions to me are all too familiar as well and give you away every time. Like water off a duck's back and that frustrates you immensely

Enough from me for now. I've made my point and I'm off out (I have a life away from this Forum) and I'll leave it to you to have the last word (for now at least); something you always have a desperate 'need' for

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:03 pm

SBF1 wrote:Anyone that's been posting on here for a few years or more can tell who this is.

I have made my mind up....he can stamp his feet if he wants :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m not stamping anything. Simply because I couldn’t give a monkeys what some of you accuse me of or how many smileys you use. It’s a daily occurrence on here I see someone being accused of being someone else.

I’m happy for you to believe I am anyone you like.

My point is that I talk sensibly about football and give honest opinions, until that changes then you have absolutely nothing to be moaning or crying about.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Sven wrote:No smilies (just to keep you a tincey wincey bit happy and sooth your sore ego) and not a mad idea all; so long as it's done on a level and the people position are up front and honest; something I firmly believe you are not

For someone claiming to be a (relatively) new poster, you are straight into it and your 'faux pas' comment (quote) "I am dead against online abuse of any kind and you will see that from my post history"

History of what? Twenty or so posts, according to your last two user names? Are there more you'll admit to?

Your reactions to me are all too familiar as well and give you away every time. Like water off a duck's back and that frustrates you immensely

Enough from me for now. I've made my point and I'm off out (I have a life away from this Forum) and I'll leave it to you to have the last word (for now at least); something you always have a desperate 'need' for

So you admit it was just a guess then? Important to point that out incase people do somehow give this nonsense any credence.

My reaction to you is how anyone would react to someone behaving completely irrationally, should you have done this before (of which is certainly sounds so) then of course it’s familiar, it’s someone telling you that you are acting like a big kid that is annoyed that someone supports another team or presents themselves in a discussion better.

I hope in future you will allow people to discuss football nicely and not try and use bully boy tactics and wrecking threads for personal gratification and instead of imagining stuff actually react on what is said. I am always level headed, always fair and will always give an honest opinion. Surely judging me on that is better than judging me on a fairy tale in your head? Common sense.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Ffs here we go again.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Ffs here we go again.

Yes why people bother to engage in tit 4 tat arguments never know why not just respond to thread subject when someone posts one? This thread as gone way of others with people claiming someone is someone else and that person refuting claim... one common feature is almost identical dialogue by one person!! :o

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:10 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
SBF1 wrote:Anyone that's been posting on here for a few years or more can tell who this is.

I’m not stamping anything. Simply because I couldn’t give a monkeys what some of you accuse me of or how many smileys you use. It’s a daily occurrence on here I see someone being accused of being someone else.

I’m happy for you to believe I am anyone you like.

My point is that I talk sensibly about football and give honest opinions, until that changes then you have absolutely nothing to be moaning or crying about.

LMFAO... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like Baked Alaska said, here we go again..

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Ffs here we go again.

Yes why people bother to engage in tit 4 tat arguments never know why not just respond to thread subject when someone posts one? This thread as gone way of others with people claiming someone is someone else and that person refuting claim... one common feature is almost identical dialogue by one person!! :o

And original thread is effectively dead now... :o

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Completely agree.

Discuss the subject matter and respond to what is written and threads won’t be destroyed, ironically it is those people that constantly stray from the subject to conduct personal attacks and vendettas that should be banned. Why do certain individuals just have an obsession with posters allegedly being previous ones and change every subject they can into a discussion about it, it’s so dull to read and completely counterproductive for a good topic.

The post in question that seems to have got our overzealous moderator in a tizz was me joining in a discussion about the topic where I confirm Swansea have little money to spend so the story unlikely to be true and confirm that Jazz Richards did not start at Cardiff. Just two simple facts very respectfully put. Go figure.