Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Boxing Day - Millwall home

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:33 am

I know nothing has been decided yet re KO time but do you reckon it’ll be an earlier kick off?
Hope so as always have grief off ‘she who must be obeyed’ for me missing afternoon / evening family do on Boxing Day. :|

Re: Boxing Day - Millwall home

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:46 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I know nothing has been decided yet re KO time but do you reckon it’ll be an earlier kick off?
Hope so as always have grief off ‘she who must be obeyed’ for me missing afternoon / evening family do on Boxing Day. :|

Probably but miracles do happen and keep it normal time! But wont be going as usual.... :happy1:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I know nothing has been decided yet re KO time but do you reckon it’ll be an earlier kick off?

Probably but miracles do happen and keep it normal time! But wont be going as usual.... :happy1:

Same reason as me Al? :roll:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:59 am

It's currently scheduled for a 3pm kick off and likely to stay that way (in line with other Boxing Day fixtures) unless it's selected for 'live' TV earlier/later in the day

How appropriate the Docklands Heathens will be here on 'Boxing' Day! ;) :lol:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Sven wrote:

It's currently scheduled for a 3pm kick off and likely to stay that way (in line with other Boxing Day fixtures) unless it's selected for 'live' TV earlier/later in the day

How appropriate the Docklands Heathens will be here on 'Boxing' Day! ;) :lol:

Gonna get me brownie points in from now then. :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:13 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If going to the Caribbean is the same yes! :laughing6: haven't been to city boxing day for years it's my annual get some sun time.. :happy1: :occasion5:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:16 pm

None of the last few Millwall games have had the time changed why would this one?

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:46 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

None of the last few Millwall games have had the time changed why would this one?

I was thinking more the fact it was Boxing Day. Not beyond the realms of possibility surely.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If going to the Caribbean is the same yes! :laughing6: haven't been to city boxing day for years it's my annual get some sun time.. :happy1: :occasion5:

No such luck :lol:
Gonna try our usual Caribbean haunt of Antigua during October half term though :thumbup:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:50 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Gonna try our usual Caribbean haunt of Antigua during October half term though :thumbup:

That's our haunt we go jolly harbour rent a waterfront apartment ! :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We tend to do Dickerson Bay Area, just north of St Johns but tbh we love the whole island.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:11 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We tend to do Dickerson Bay Area, just north of St Johns but tbh we love the whole island.

Took a car went around island went to dickenson (hotel) but thought it was a bit cramped next to sandals! :laughing6: we use local bus services to go around island only about 3$ each ride planning about 18nights this year......

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Took a car went around island went to dickenson (hotel) but thought it was a bit cramped next to sandals! :laughing6: we use local bus services to go around island only about 3$ each ride planning about 18nights this year......

That’s interesting as last time we were up that side they were just finishing off building the Sandals hotel - we were a 2 minute walk from there.
Based on that, I’ll think we’ll look at some other parts of the island.
We tend to get a taxi driver for the day - he’s happy to take us anywhere around the island. Went into the Sir Viv stadium last time we were there as there was some local schools tournament there - great fun there and as always the locals were so welcoming.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:26 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

That’s interesting as last time we were up that side they were just finishing off building the Sandals hotel - we were a 2 minute walk from there.
We tend to get a taxi driver for the day - he’s happy to take us anywhere around the island. Went into the Sir Viv stadium last time we were there as there was some local schools tournament there - great fun there and as always the locals were so welcoming.

That was 3yrs ago believe it was being upgraded a lot of that going on .. get driver take you to devil's bridge a bit of a track down gravel rds but with a very interesting past and a must have for photo taken there! (GOOGLE IT)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Think he took us there. The hole in the rocks that make an eerie wailing sound. He told us that it was the site where slaves would throw themselves to their death. He also took us to Shirley Heights for the sunset - amazing!

That was 3yrs ago believe it was being upgraded a lot of that going on .. get driver take you to devil's bridge a bit of a track down gravel rds but with a very interesting past and a must have for photo taken there! (GOOGLE IT)

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Mmmm they were executed by prison guards! Shirley was overpriced for what it was bit hazy so didn't get best sunset better ones from my front garden! :laughing6: Have you been to Nelson's dock yard?

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Mmmm they were executed by prison guards! Shirley was overpriced for what it was bit hazy so didn't get best sunset better ones from my front garden! :laughing6: Have you been to Nelson's dock yard?

Sorry, that’s right, they were indeed executed. He did say that.
I wasn’t a massive fan of SH tbh but loved the view and got slammed there. To busy for us.
Yes we went to Nelsons Dockyard. Good museum there and we were also shown (from a distance) Eric Clapton’s house. Went to the edge of a cliff to view that.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:57 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Mmmm they were executed by prison guards! Shirley was overpriced for what it was bit hazy so didn't get best sunset better ones from my front garden! :laughing6: Have you been to Nelson's dock yard?

I wasn’t a massive fan of SH tbh but loved the view and got slammed there. To busy for us.
Yes we went to Nelsons Dockyard. Good museum there and we were also shown (from a distance) Eric Clapton’s house. Went to the edge of a cliff to view that.

In the little bar there you can put your name on the wall we got two there side by side and by coincidence same day 3 yrs apart! :o go to st John's on a sat or Sun theres a bar by cruise terminal nice food and show footy saw city there several years ago .... :bluescarf:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

In the little bar there you can put your name on the wall we got two there side by side and by coincidence same day 3 yrs apart! :o go to st John's on a sat or Sun theres a bar by cruise terminal nice food and show footy saw city there several years ago .... :bluescarf:

We went there on a Saturday and near the terminal.
There was a local sports bar there full of locals - we went to a bar opposite and paid double the price !!
There’s a few shops there around that area where the proprietors practically drag you in.
Loved some of the bars there. As we were walking out there was a guy who approached me wearing an old Stoke top with ‘Jones’ and ‘9’ on the back :lol: He invited me to his ‘bar’ which resembled my garden shed. Cheap beer anyway :occasion5:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:10 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

There was a local sports bar there full of locals - we went to a bar opposite and paid double the price !!
There’s a few shops there around that area where the proprietors practically drag you in.
Loved some of the bars there. As we were walking out there was a guy who approached me wearing an old Stoke top with ‘Jones’ and ‘9’ on the back :lol: He invited me to his ‘bar’ which resembled my garden shed. Cheap beer anyway :occasion5:

It's a bit like that outside main square very shanty looking! this bar is centre of square always go there at least once, shops are aimed at cruise tourists indoor market is ok if looking for something particularly lot of junk though....

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

It's a bit like that outside main square very shanty looking! this bar is centre of square always go there at least once, shops are aimed at cruise tourists indoor market is ok if looking for something particularly lot of junk though....

That’s pretty much how we saw it mate :thumbup:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:18 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

We just go to chill out and tbh jolly harbour is brilliant 3 beaches very quiet we use a golf buggy to get around as fair distance around site and it's to hot to walk ! :laughing6: this year if get there I'm going fishing promised myself will do it even at $400 a go after the big one.... :lol:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Go for it mate!
We may have a look down that area.

We just go to chill out and tbh jolly harbour is brilliant 3 beaches very quiet we use a golf buggy to get around as fair distance around site and it's to hot to walk ! :laughing6: this year if get there I'm going fishing promised myself will do it even at $400 a go after the big one.... :lol:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:27 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Go for it mate!

If possible take local bus very frequent and about $3 each.... got bar by beach as well. Look jolly harbour up it's great place to stay if bit expensive but every appt on the water I drop a line in get a variety of fish last xmas something broke my rod fish there can be 6ft long !!! :o

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Go for it mate!

If possible take local bus very frequent and about $3 each.... got bar by beach as well. Look jolly harbour up it's great place to stay if bit expensive but every appt on the water I drop a line in get a variety of fish last xmas something broke my rod fish there can be 6ft long !!! :o

Deffo gonna look that up. Cheers mate

Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:57 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Go for it mate!

Deffo gonna look that up. Cheers mate

If interested in prices look up typically tropica l around $100 usa per night per apartment ...... :thumbup:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:03 pm

That’s actually pretty good. Will deffo look. Cheers.
Off to UAE in 3 weeks so getting that out of the way first. :thumbup

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:14 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:That’s actually pretty good. Will deffo look. Cheers.

To much sand there for me! :laughing5: any info you may need PM me... :thumbup:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:That’s actually pretty good. Will deffo look. Cheers.

To much sand there for me! :laughing5: any info you may need PM me... :thumbup:

Much appreciated mate.