Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY STRIKER COMPLETES SIGNING FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:46 am

Kadeem Harris: Sheffield Wednesday sign ex-Cardiff City winger
21 minutes ago From the sectionSheff Wed

Championship side Sheffield Wednesday have signed winger Kadeem Harris on a free transfer after he left Cardiff City at the end of 2018-19.

Harris had been with Cardiff since 2012, helping them win promotion to the Premier League in 2018 and playing 13 times in the top flight last season.

The 26-year-old started his career with Wycombe Wanderers and has also had loan spells with Barnsley and Brentford.

The Owls have not disclosed the length of Harris' contract.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: KADEEM HARRIS COMPLETES SIGNING FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:48 am

He will stand out now he will have a run of games. Hes a very good player
Shame we lost him but we have 2 very good wingers ahead of him

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:52 am

thomasblue wrote:He will stand out now he will have a run of games. Hes a very good player

Agree cant have that many wingers he needed a move to enhance is qualities, good luck to him :thumbup:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:52 am

thomasblue wrote:He will stand out now he will have a run of games. Hes a very good player

Whereas I wish him the very best and I understand that everyone has opinions I don’t think he’s actually very good. Bit of a one trick pony with a bit of pace. Had a few chances with us but other than the odd flash, imho he didn’t show enough. As I said, only my opinion.
No doubt he’ll be superb for the Owls - always happens. :old:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:55 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Whereas I wish him the very best and I understand that everyone has opinions I don’t think he’s actually very good. Bit of a one trick pony with a bit of pace. Had a few chances with us but other than the odd flash, imho he didn’t show enough. As I said, only my opinion.

Andrew, I'm with you in that he flattered to deceive far too often and had no consistency in his end product; a bit of a trait at City in recent years

I wish him well (other than in two games this coming season) but we have better and the time was right :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:56 am

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew, I'm with you in that he flattered to deceive far too often and had no consistency in his end product; a bit of a trait at City in recent years

I wish him well (other than in two games this coming season) but we have better and the time was right :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Id have given him a shot over a few wingers recently. All of our current wingers have loss of form through the season. But Harris never got a run of games.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Id have given him a shot over a few wingers recently. All of our current wingers have loss of form through the season. But Harris never got a run of games.

I see your point.
NML was out of favour for a bit but imho unlike KH, he grabbed his chance with both hands when he got back in the dude.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 pm

He had a fall out with Warnock because Kadeem has recently been banned for drink driving, Warnock had enough.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:12 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:Id have given him a shot over a few wingers recently. All of our current wingers have loss of form through the season. But Harris never got a run of games.

I see your point.
NML was out of favour for a bit but imho unlike KH, he grabbed his chance with both hands when he got back in the dude.

Nah, Harris was here quite a while but never really made the breakthrough and it is clear NW didn't rate and/or trust him enough to keep him on the books

I'll take NW's assessment on that one! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:59 pm

I think he will do well at Wednesday, we just have better players infront of him.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:46 pm

He has the first touch of an elephant.

Not good enough for us anymore.

Kadeem Harris - Sheffield Wednesday

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Good move for the lad! Glad he’s gone to a Championship Club & not lower down too!

All the best Kads!

Re: CITY STRIKER COMPLETES SIGNING FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:43 pm

Think he'll probably do well for Wednesday and he's a player with bags of pace but never really showed any end product. I still don't think he looks any better than when he was in his early 20's and maybe that's down to us not playing him enough or poor coaching in his early career. Think he's an average championship player who worries opposition defenders when he runs at them but can often flatter to deceive in my opinion. However now I've said that he'll probably go and score 15 goals this season :lol: Anyway he always gave his all when he played so good luck to him at Wednesday.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:47 pm

The lad got way too big for his boots. Tbh he’s shown a few splashes of talent but for the years and years he’s been with us, he’s ultimately offered very little! There’s obviously an attitude problem otherwise I’d have backed NW to have offered him a reasonable deal - apparently his old man was a money grabbing agent....on behalf of his alcohol fuelled son.....best to get tid imho

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:38 pm

The guy thinks he’s better than what he is..... never done much.....few bursts of speed and the odd step over,thought he was maradonnna.
One trick pony at best.....happy for Wednesday to have him in their team against us any day of week.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Agree with most. He was probably asking for more than he was worth. But he seemed a good hardworking lad. Maybe he just wants to play?! We've not given him much of that. I'll enjoy following his career, the hattrick he's going to score Vs the jacks...

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:53 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Agree with most. He was probably asking for more than he was worth. But he seemed a good hardworking lad. Maybe he just wants to play?! We've not given him much of that. I'll enjoy following his career, the hattrick he's going to score Vs the jacks...

I think sometimes it's just a case that a move was best for everyone.

We had the option to keep him for another year at his current wage. We declined, makes me think I'll trust the club on this one.

Then you have to think back to when we offered him that deal, he was doing well for Warnock and at the time a key player going forward.

Since we have attracted better players.

Now he is 4th choice, he need games. We can't give him games.

Doesn't mean he is a bad player but probably time to move on, I note he scored today.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Agree with most. He was probably asking for more than he was worth. But he seemed a good hardworking lad. Maybe he just wants to play?! We've not given him much of that. I'll enjoy following his career, the hattrick he's going to score Vs the jacks...

I think sometimes it's just a case that a move was best for everyone.

We had the option to keep him for another year at his current wage. We declined, makes me think I'll trust the club on this one.

Then you have to think back to when we offered him that deal, he was doing well for Warnock and at the time a key player going forward.

Since we have attracted better players.

Now he is 4th choice, he need games. We can't give him games.

Doesn't mean he is a bad player but probably time to move on, I note he scored today.

I agree with all of that. And I think it sums the situation up perfectly.

Good luck to him except Vs us.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:59 pm

We should have kept him IMO. Think he very underrated by many of our fans. If given the chance he will do well for Wednesday.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:59 pm

Not sure what people see in Harris at all.
Blokes a headless chicken.
He'll be sold at the end of the season to a league one team IMO.