Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Curtis Nelson "

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:14 am

I know it's only a friendly and I'm normally the first to say that you can't judge anything other than fitness from them.

But...

Have to say I was really impressed with Curtis Nelson tonight. I thought he'd be a back up player for us, but he could offer something more.

Re: " Curtis Nelson "

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:29 am

And Vaulks for me. His passing was class for pre season. Made one little error where he got caught on the ball end of first half. But apart from that. Looked promising

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:27 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I know it's only a friendly and I'm normally the first to say that you can't judge anything other than fitness from them.

But...

Have to say I was really impressed with Curtis Nelson tonight. I thought he'd be a back up player for us, but he could offer something more.

I think warnocks decision will be Peltier or Nelson for the first game with Bamba being out.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:33 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:And Vaulks for me. His passing was class for pre season. Made one little error where he got caught on the ball end of first half. But apart from that. Looked promising

Strange I thought Vaulks looked quite poor tbh but I bet the pitch didn't help anyone in that midfield. Thought Manga, Reid and Murphy were the stand out players for me on a shocking pitch.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:And Vaulks for me. His passing was class for pre season. Made one little error where he got caught on the ball end of first half. But apart from that. Looked promising

Strange I thought Vaulks looked quite poor tbh but I bet the pitch didn't help anyone in that midfield. Thought Manga, Reid and Murphy were the stand out players for me on a shocking pitch.

I thought the same, and as for Nelson I didn’t think he looked anything special either. Not writing him off because it was his first game in very tough conditions but did think he got spun a few times too easy

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Nelson played out of position as a centre mid aswell so he did very well in there, could have a defensive midfield roll next season aswell as centre back, like Bamba against Leeds season before last