Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Bruno Manga £3 Million ‘

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:51 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Is anyone else worried that we'll probably have the slowest back 4 in the Championship? I mean people moan about Morrison and his distribution but Flint is even worse. I understand that Manga wanted to go back to france, but 3m for one of the best defenders in the championship isn't that great tbh even with 1 year left. Defo reckon we should have been looking at 5-6m for him. If we come up against any team that rotates and has speed we're fuc*ked

I agree about the lack of pace in the middle of defence but you can’t just ‘look’ for 5-6m for him if nobody wants him.
I’m sure if there were clubs coming in for him and offering that money it would happen.
In his last year and his age, 3m is about right.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:31 pm

Gone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: OFFICIAL " Bruno Manga gone ‘

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Dijon announced the signing of Bruno Manga on Thursday night, for a reported fee of £3m.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Vincent Man wrote:We have in effect lost a right back and gained a great CB.
I can see Peltier fighting it out for the RB position with Nelson

Perhaps Warnock thinks that Cameron Coxe is now ready to step up at right back.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Good look at him.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Gutted by this

It has severely weakened our squad and is very cheap for a player of his quality

Re: Manga 3 Million

Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:52 pm

bluebird58 wrote:It’s been said before that he was keen to return to France. Although I would have thought he could have played in Ligue 1 rather than to Guingamp who were relegated to Ligue 2 last season.

But he owes us nothing and has been a great player for the club. This also explains some of the rumours around suggesting we are looking at Aden Flint.

He's gone to dijon,not guingamp :thumbup: so he has gone to ligue one,he wanted to return to France for personal reasons.bit gutted to bhonest,but he has been great for us,but understand his needs,good luck Bruno I say. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:27 pm

Sorry to see Manga go. For me he was our best technical CB & also had pace which is huge if we wanted to one day stay in the prem. We looked a lot more solid when he went into the middle from RB.

Sol and Morrison just didn't have the pace and we shipped a lot of soft goals.

Looking at the facts we could have lost him for nothing 2 years ago so you can't be too disappointed. I'm guessing this was led by the player and he wants to return to France. Maybe that's why a lower prem club hasn't come in for him.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:34 am

Always rated Bruno as our best CB, a ball player who added a touch of calm and class at the back. Not a leader like Bamba or a Goal threat like Morrison, but he showed he’s Prem quality at the end of last season. The biggest crime has been playing him at right back only for him to lose the spot to Pelts after injury. He really was wasted talent so can’t blame him wanting to move on and enjoy consistency. Three million in spite of his advancing years has been daylight robbery. Flint looks to be another Morrison/Bamba type player.
I still maintain - we need a bloody right back with pace and ball playing skills to compliment Joe on the left. But “hey ho” we’ll end up with a few wingers

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:17 am

Good luck Bruno, it was so nice to see a ball playing centre half, even when they played you out of position you were a true professional, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hard act to follow.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:53 am

I hate the way we talk about players, yes they get an obscene amount of money, but no one is forcing us or any club to pay that. But at the end of the day they are human beings like you and I not commodities like gold, copper or sugar.

We have a manager who can maximize and squeeze every ounce of potential out of a certain type of player. He genuinely is world class at that, his EFL record demonstrates it.

He probably sat down with Bruno and hatched this plan. Sign an extension on good money as security and if an offer of say 3 million comes in and you are happy with the T & C’s we’ll take it.

He treats his players (the ones that buy in) like adults and human beings, this is what he is about.

Bruno wanted to return to France, we get 3 million, both happy……. I bet if Bruno wanted to stay in South Wales this wouldn’t have been a discussion.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:56 am

Good luck Bruno you were immense. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:01 am

llan bluebird wrote:I hate the way we talk about players, yes they get an obscene amount of money, but no one is forcing us or any club to pay that. But at the end of the day they are human beings like you and I not commodities like gold, copper or sugar.

We have a manager who can maximize and squeeze every ounce of potential out of a certain type of player. He genuinely is world class at that, his EFL record demonstrates it.

He probably sat down with Bruno and hatched this plan. Sign an extension on good money as security and if an offer of say 3 million comes in and you are happy with the T & C’s we’ll take it.

He treats his players (the ones that buy in) like adults and human beings, this is what he is about.

Bruno wanted to return to France, we get 3 million, both happy……. I bet if Bruno wanted to stay in South Wales this wouldn’t have been a discussion.

I don't think Manga had a choice in having an extension, it was part of his contract that the club had an extra year to add if they wished and of course they did (had the same with Harris but didn't take it up). Warnock did say he wanted him to sign a new 2 year deal which never happened so I wonder if Manga made it clear he wanted to go home either now or in a years time.

Warnock builds his squad on team spirit and while I don't think he would have been any problem if he stayed I think sometimes you just have to make a decision as a manager. A small fee yes but long term it means he can get someone else in then I can see the logic even if im not sure on Flint.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:35 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Good luck Bruno you were immense. :ayatollah:

Agreed great player, good luck Manga :thumbup:

I am really happy with Flint he will become a Patterson, Morrison, Bamba type of fans favourite, and no-nonsense player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: