Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Worried

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Our fans are all hoping for a rapid return to the Prem. An OT poster on here saying "Warnock is doing what he does best" and it is made a sticky!
Let's look at some facts.....

We sell the best centre back at the club. The others on our books will not be good enough if we were to return to the Prem. Morrison was too slow for the Premiership, and Bamba will be too old.

We sell a proven pacey Championship striker and centre forward who is only 25 years o!d. namely Ken Zahore But we still have Madin e on our books. The jury is out whether Madin e is even Championship quality but to think about him at Premier level is laughable.

In midfield we have lost Camaras a but we still have Tomlin. :shock:
Meanwhile....we have several Warnock favourites like Hoillet who is picked whatever form he is in (woeful sometimes in the Pre m and clearly not quick enough for Prem).
In top of this, there is still a chance we could lose our best player who is Neil Etheridge.
I am hoping that NW has several players in the verge of signing who can do a job this season AND will be good enough for the Pre m if we go up!
Not players past their best who may be OK for a year or so.
We still have the core of a very good team (NML, Murphy, Reid etc)
BUT
At the moment I am worried :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Re: Worried

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Your facts are mostly opinion to be fair.

Yes Manga has gone, he wanted to go and at least we got something for him. Ken a proven striker in the championship is a real stretch in my opinion.

Most of your worries seem to come from how we would perform in the premier league. If we manage the same feat again next year we will of course have to sign better players again.

As it is now I believe we have a fairly strong team with a good shot at going back up, I also think we aren't done with signing players so I'm not worried at all.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:37 pm

Lengee wrote:Our fans are all hoping for a rapid return to the Prem. An OT poster on here saying "Warnock is doing what he does best" and it is made a sticky!

We sell the best centre back at the club. The others on our books will not be good enough if we were to return to the Prem. Morrison was too slow for the Premiership, and Bamba will be too old.

We sell a proven pacey Championship striker and centre forward who is only 25 years o!d. namely Ken Zahore But we still have Madin e on our books. The jury is out whether Madin e is even Championship quality but to think about him at Premier level is laughable.

Meanwhile....we have several Warnock favourites like Hoillet who is picked whatever form he is in (woeful sometimes in the Pre m and clearly not quick enough for Prem).
In top of this, there is still a chance we could lose our best player who is Neil Etheridge.
I am hoping that NW has several players in the verge of signing who can do a job this season AND will be good enough for the Pre m if we go up!
BUT

Manga and zohore would have Left at the end of the season anyway, and for nothing. So either now or next season they would need replacing. At lease now we have made £11mill to replace them.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Manga and Zahore could have been key to getting us back in the Prem.
If we achieved this, then both would prob have wanted to stay!
We have sold two of our better players one of whom is only 25.
We lose our best CB and I see lots of Middlebrough fans are very happy that Flint has left! I think that Zahore will do well at WBA.

The idea of a transfer window is to strengthen your team.At present ours has been weakened.As I say, I hope NW has some quality (not too old) players lined up. :thumbup:

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Lengee wrote:Our fans are all hoping for a rapid return to the Prem. An OT poster on here saying "Warnock is doing what he does best" and it is made a sticky!

BUT

Still waiting for the facts mate,conjecture is all I see.Making a problem to have a dig at Warnock.Youv'e gotta trust him,history strongly indicates he knows what he's doing.Every team that gets promoted wants to do well with the players that got them there but in fact it rarely happens.(the obvious exceptions in recent years have been Wolves and Newcastle but they both had a prem squad in the championship.

P.S.Whats an OT poster :?

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Manga in his last year. 3rd choice CB. Zohore 1 goal last season.

11M gained... I'm excited far from worried

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Lengee wrote:Manga and Zahore could have been key to getting us back in the Prem.
We lose our best CB and I see lots of Middlebrough fans are very happy that Flint has left! I think that Zahore will do well at WBA.

The idea of a transfer window is to strengthen your team.At present ours has been weakened.As I say, I hope NW has some quality (not too old) players lined up. :thumbup:

Manga has wanted to return to France for a few seasons now. I think we were very lucky he stayed last year and that’s only because we got promoted. We can’t force a player to stay regardless of how much of a key player they are.

Can you say zohore is one of our better players, really? A defender has kept him on the bench the last 2 seasons. I think that says a lot. I doubt Warnock would have let him go without having a few potential replacements lined up. Hopefully whoever it is can be more consistent than zohore.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:56 pm

[quote="Lengee"]Manga and Zahore could have been key to getting us back in the Prem.

The idea of a transfer window is to strengthen your team.At present ours has been weakened.As I say, I hope NW has some quality (n :!: ot too old) players lined up. :thumbup:[/quote
I personally think it was time for ZOHORE to leave,he flattered to deceive for most of his time here,one good half a season, was it 14 goals in three seasons? We need better than that imho,he hasn't been showing th right attitude according to Warnock, needs to do more etc etc,plus most of our fans never learned to spell his name right :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:59 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Lengee wrote:Manga and Zahore could have been key to getting us back in the Prem.

The idea of a transfer window is to strengthen your team.At present ours has been weakened.As I say, I hope NW has some quality (n :!: ot too old) players lined up. :thumbup:[/quote
I personally think it was time for ZOHORE to leave,he flattered to deceive for most of his time here,one good half a season, was it 14 goals in three seasons? We need better than that imho,he hasn't been showing th right attitude according to Warnock, needs to do more etc etc,plus most of our fans never learned to spell his name right :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

P.s not happy at Manga leaving,but he wants to return to France for personal reasons,he gave us 5 good years service,so good luck to him I say :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 pm

You have to be fair to manga which seemingly everyone is anyway. He gave us 5 good years. We probably had him in his prime. He always gave 100% even when out of position. Never heard him moan or whinge about a thing and clearly allowed a 1 year extension in his contract so he didnt walk on a free. Cant blame the guy for wanting to go home I am just appreciative we got to see him play for us.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:26 pm

LENGEE
could not agree with you more about your statment a transfer window is about strengthening the sqaud at the moment in my opinion we are going backwards, manga camarassa arter gunnerson zohore have gone and we have brought in flint a guy from oxford and vaulks all those 3 imo don' t come upto what we have lost and still without a striker.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:02 pm

montyblue wrote:LENGEE
could not agree with you more about your statment a transfer window is about strengthening the sqaud at the moment in my opinion we are going backwards, manga camarassa arter gunnerson zohore have gone and we have brought in flint a guy from oxford and vaulks all those 3 imo don' t come upto what we have lost and still without a striker.

Going backwards is hardly relevant when we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet or probably haven't finished buying players maybe can say it after start season if lose 1st 4 games but its about opinions not sure if many agree on here with you... :old:

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:27 pm

Etheridge came from Walsall and Mendez Laing came from Rochdale .
They good players for us! Nelson could be just as good as them !

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:33 pm

PEMBROKE ALLAN

so you think nelson flint and vauks are better than what we had lost post prem?

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:15 pm

BUT

Disagree on most, I'd sell Etheridge if a decent offer came in.

Manga is our best CB but in the championship he was a average right back. Doesn't change to much.

Talking about Bamba and Morrison not being prem quality totally irrelevant.

Zohore going and Medine not isn't really connected, Medine still may go but no offers. What we bring in will be the key.

Warnock imo needs to built a squad for promotion and then the new manager worry about who is good enough if we go up.

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:23 pm

BUT

You’re a miserable sod aren’t you?!

Very much a glass half full post and any part dedicated fan will be able to tell you’re desperately trying to find the negative in everything you’ve written. Absolute doom merchant

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:27 am

Dazzy wrote:

BUT

You’re a miserable sod aren’t you?!

Very much a glass half full post and any part dedicated fan will be able to tell you’re desperately trying to find the negative in everything you’ve written. Absolute doom merchant

I was always told that nasty little insults say far more about the person making them than the person receiving them. :bluebird: :thumbup: :wave:

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:37 am

Which moaning Minnie told you that?

Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:38 am

Zohore one of our better players?

When?

Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Manga WANTED to go back to France, even last year,signed an extension so as we could recoup some money for him,and yes zohore may be 25,but how long do we wait for him to deliver? And please don't say we didn't play to his strengths,as a converted defender managed :roll: It was time to let him go,and imho £8m is good business for Cardiff, he may well come good with a fresh start,and good luck to him,at least I'm respectful in spelling his name correctly :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Thought we were absolutely dire on Saturday (apart from the first 15 minutes).
As I said during the transfer window ....We were supposed to be strengthening the team. shortly after I wrote that I was worried, we proceeded to sell Reid!! AND Warnock said he was happy to receive offers for Etheridge :shock: (luckily for us he got injured!). It is alright selling most of our best players IF we had equivalent or better to come in. :bluebird:
But did we?
I accept that new signings will need time to settle, and I think some of our signings will turn out well. E. g.
Gladzell was one of the very few positives as he looked ok with almost no service to him. I also think Gavin Whyte will do well for us.

But our midfield and defence are much weaker.
We did not buy a creAtive midfielder.
Flint is a decent player but in the same mould as Morrison.We needed a good full back and a Manga type centre half to play alongside Morrison!
So far we have played a fairly poor Wigan side and lost. Just beat Luton at home and got totally outplayed by Reading!
I was worried that we might not make the autos or even the play offs. Some of our best players have gone and, overall our team is weaker.
imo we look like a mid table team... Hopeful!y I am wrong!
:bluebird: :thumbup: