Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED Wednesday 7th July: ‘ Medicals this week / CCFC ‘

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:15 pm

UPDATED Wednesday 7th July:

Medical / Medicals were 100% done today and at least 2 New Players will be announced tomorrow, but expect a few players to leave including a shock.

Warnock over saw everything today :thumbright: :bluebird:

Smithies was on his way out, but thats been halted due to Neil Etheridge injury.

UPDATED Tuesday 6th July:

Apparently medical taken a lot longer than expected as it can happen, but being announced and more to come :bluebird:

Medical still done and it was not the French player.

Cardiff City have ended their interest in Le Havre striker Alimami Gory.

The Bluebirds are looking to get a new forward in before Thursday's transfer deadline to boost their strike force, after adding German frontman Robert Glatzel in a £5.5m deal.

Monday 5th August 2019

A few players in at the Vale today talking to Warnock :bluebird:

There has been space made for up to 3 Medicals this week at CCFC :thumbright: :bluebird:

It looks like up to 3 new players are expected in.

Def a loan and a new signing, as to the 3rd very good possibility :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Medicals this week / CCFC ‘

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:There has been space made for up to 3 Medicals this week at CCFC :thumbright: :bluebird:

Def a loan and a new signing, as to the 3rd very good possibility :thumbright: :bluebird:

In before Luton game hopefully Annis?

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi Annis,

Hope we get all three!!!!

They should all be first team players we’ve got enough fillers. Kieffer Moore striker with Barnsley going to Wigan for 3m can’t believe we’ve not gone for him??

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:23 pm

And on that showing yesterday, Annis, we need all three of them to go into the starting xi.

StT.
<><

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Two midfielders and a striker or a full back, midfielder and striker needed.

And able to go straight into the first time and improve it hopefully.

Don't need any more "ones for the future" or lower league gambles.

Have to be better than what we have at the moment or no point really.

Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:29 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:There has been space made for up to 3 Medicals this week at CCFC :thumbright: :bluebird:

Going to have to be. The window shuts Thursday
Last edited by norms76 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Things looking up for time being until we know who or if they do come in :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:47 pm

No need for a striker now we have Glatzel and Bogle who are both good at this level, we need creativity in the middle of the park and we need more pace at the back

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Moff. wrote:No need for a striker now we have Glatzel and Bogle who are both good at this level, we need creativity in the middle of the park and we need more pace at the back

Personally creativity I would like to see Tomlin play. Pace at back Is a must and a back up to Tomlin if he goes off the boil if given a chance

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Moff. wrote:No need for a striker now we have Glatzel and Bogle who are both good at this level, we need creativity in the middle of the park and we need more pace at the back

Glatzel as it stands is unproven and Bogle has generally gone off the boil or had issues off the field. Not to say they won't come good along with Medine but I really think we need another.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:10 pm

who ever it is having a medical can they be injected with something that turn's them into a ronaldo ?.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:13 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Given the window closes Thursday I would hope so :lol:

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:13 pm

If it is 3 players i hope 2 are CM's and the other is a RB

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Glatzel as it stands is unproven and Bogle has generally gone off the boil or had issues off the field. Not to say they won't come good along with Medine but I really think we need another.

People are forgetting Ward and Patterson. Madine should be 5th choice out of the 5

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:18 pm

phildavies wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Ok ok I’ve had a mare there. :banghead:

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:19 pm

A pacy right back is a must,Peltier is simply not good enough. The way Warnock is talking about a loan signing I reckon its Arter.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:24 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
phildavies wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Ok ok I’ve had a mare there. :banghead:

It's the pressure of being on this forum? :laughing5:

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:34 pm

We need to buy quality , first team regulars and if this means having to sell 1 or 2 so be it.

A DM is a must and also some pace at the back is more important than another striker I believe.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

We have ward and Patterson as well, we’re ok in the striker department for now come January if we’re struggling for goals then I’m sure warnock will cast his net out. I was really impressed with Bogle and would be happy with him until January he’s obviously turned a corner that’s why warnock is playing him. We need creativity and pace - Harry arter would of been the difference yesterday

Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Fair points on both,but at least bogle is on the boil at present :thumbup: maybe he can play his part this year :ayatollah: I would start with bogle,then perhaps if things are going well,bring on Glatzel for a first runout :?: just my opinion of course. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:07 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:A pacy right back is a must,Peltier is simply not good enough. The way Warnock is talking about a loan signing I reckon its Arter.

I alluded to the Arter fact on another topic, Warnock said in interview,"possibility of a Prem loan,if player doesn't get the move he wants) (I guess prem?) Would fill a big hole in mid if it was :occasion5: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:34 pm

Arter is going to Fulham he’s already passed a medical

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Arter is going to Fulham he’s already passed a medical

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Bluebirds30 wrote:Arter is going to Fulham he’s already passed a medical

Taken their time but presume Bournemouth were hoping for a buyer before letting him go on loan always going to Fulham so not lot we could do to get him?

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Taken their time but presume Bournemouth were hoping for a buyer before letting him go on loan always going to Fulham so not lot we could do to get him?

Which hopefully means possible signing 3 wasn’t him.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:27 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Or it was and we've done what we did with grujic and wait for a decision from him, now we have to look elsewhere with only days to go

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:34 pm

If players don't want to come here then we look elsewhere should have learned our lesson there, it's either a straight yes or ta ta, personally, think we will get ONE huge surprise and two midfielder.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:43 pm

thomasblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Or it was and we've done what we did with grujic and wait for a decision from him, now we have to look elsewhere with only days to go

Wasnt him because NW said be thurs before it was sorted like said Fulham was his preferred choice from start of window hence already sighned for them.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:51 pm

C mid, I WOULD LIKE us to go for would be MO DIAME don't know if he signed for anyone yet rb Roberts from the jbs, striker Charlie Austin time to spend some cash sir Neil

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:56 pm

As I’ve said on other threads - Arter will not be coming here.