Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Medicals this week / CCFC ‘

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:00 pm

phildavies wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Moff. wrote:No need for a striker now we have Glatzel and Bogle who are both good at this level, we need creativity in the middle of the park and we need more pace at the back

Glatzel as it stands is unproven and Bogle has generally gone off the boil or had issues off the field. Not to say they won't come good along with Medine but I really think we need another.

People are forgetting Ward and Patterson. Madine should be 5th choice out of the 5

I've not forgotten them.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:15 pm

another midfielder available mo besic , could be a good loan if arter is not coming :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:04 pm

Nemanja Radoja is available as a free transfer only 26 and very decent CM. He’s someone worth having a look at.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:25 pm

Mo. Besic is available, if we don't get arter

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:14 pm

pengamblue wrote:Mo. Besic is available, if we don't get arter

Are you his agent?

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:58 pm

We’ve filled the squad now we need 2-3 quality players (2 x midfielders and either a right back or winger) that go straight into the starting 11.

We will no doubt have to move few out. Realistically that’s going to be Cunningham, Tomlin and Bogle (would like to keep the latter two). I wouldn’t be surprise if we are are listen to offers for Murphy. He’s just too inconsistent.

Based on the way we play, I still don’t see where Reid fits in (which is a shame as I think he could be a big player for us). Would like us to build the team around him. Reid might benefit from Gratzel starting as he’s more mobile than Madine. Will create more space for him and give him more options on the ball.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Could one of them be Arter or has he found a club yet

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:17 pm

todder76 wrote:Could one of them be Arter or has he found a club yet

Apparently sighned for Fulham but haven't seen it in news? :o

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:54 pm

pengamblue wrote:Mo. Besic is available, if we don't get arter

I've wondered for a while why no one has taken him, he was very good at Boro whenever I watched them. Technically very good as well.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:27 pm

ChippyAl wrote:We’ve filled the squad now we need 2-3 quality players (2 x midfielders and either a right back or winger) that go straight into the starting 11.

We will no doubt have to move few out. Realistically that’s going to be Cunningham, Tomlin and Bogle (would like to keep the latter two). I wouldn’t be surprise if we are are listen to offers for Murphy. He’s just too inconsistent.

Based on the way we play, I still don’t see where Reid fits in (which is a shame as I think he could be a big player for us). Would like us to build the team around him. Reid might benefit from Gratzel starting as he’s more mobile than Madine. Will create more space for him and give him more options on the ball.

I agree with your comments on Murphy and Reid. Spot on in my view. Cunningham should only go if we’ve lined up a replacement. Atm he’s our main back up. 2 x CMs should be our priority. Peltier is great at this level but I agree with those saying more pace is needed in central defence

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:38 pm

apparently we are linked with eddie nketiah from arsenal but a few clubs interested including bristol city who 'lead the queue'

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:29 pm

Please no more "squad players" now. We need quality.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:27 pm

I feel like we should have come down to this league with other clubs fearing our squad after a few signings. It’s been the complete opposite especially after Saturdays result. We need a real marquee signing this week. Preferably a midfielder and a pacey right back. If we don’t tick both those boxes I really fear a mid table finish.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:40 pm

After is 100% not coming, trust me!

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:47 pm

No need for a medical at our club - Just turn up and sign up please ;)

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:38 pm

BarmyArmy1927 wrote:apparently we are linked with eddie nketiah from arsenal but a few clubs interested including bristol city who 'lead the queue'

Bristol City lead of the queue :shock: are we even looking at him :?: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:47 am

what about Danny Drinkwater on loan...if he don t get his move away

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:58 am

Fulham foroum saying arter passed medical year lone deal with option to buy reading comments on there many of their fans not too happy

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:02 am

kimble wrote:what about Danny Drinkwater on loan...if he don t get his move away

wouldnt be a bad shout if it wasnt for wages.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:06 am

Joe Allan £10 million.. marquee signing job done :occasion5:

Stick him in front of the back four, move Reid back to an attacking midfielder 4-1-4-1 formation, premier league here we come!!

Thank you and goodnight :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:09 am

paulh_85 wrote:
kimble wrote:what about Danny Drinkwater on loan...if he don t get his move away

Reported £120k a week at Chelsea.. which is about £100k a week to expensive for us!!

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:12 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Reported £120k a week at Chelsea.. which is about £100k a week to expensive for us!!

mad if thats true. i thought something like 80k, still too much obviously. as a player he would be perfect though.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:27 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Joe Allan £10 million.. marquee signing job done :occasion5:

Stick him in front of the back four, move Reid back to an attacking midfielder 4-1-4-1 formation, premier league here we come!!

Thank you and goodnight :ayatollah:

Just what we need although he's on around 60k a week. Caught up with his old man in Narberth end of last season and Stoke were open to offers to reduce their wage bill. Had enquries from Wolves, Watford and West Ham but nothing seems to have happened over the summer break.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:07 pm

nubbsy wrote:After is 100% not coming, trust me!

not sure how true it was but i heard that NW was annoyed that he went to watch Fulham while we were playing at OT against United.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Arter does not like traveling north.Let's hope he does not fall out with his new manager as it could lead to matrimonial problems.

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:07 pm

A few players in at the Vale today talking to Warnock :bluebird:

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A few players in at the Vale today talking to Warnock :bluebird:

Hmmm

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:33 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:A few players in at the Vale today talking to Warnock :bluebird:

Hmmm

Talking tactics with squad after Saturday? :mrgreen:

Re: UPDATED Tuesday 6th July: ‘ Medicals this week / CCFC ‘

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:28 am

UPDATED Tuesday 6th July:

Apparently a player to be announced today, after all went well yesterday :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: UPDATED Tuesday 6th July: ‘ Medicals this week / CCFC ‘

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:UPDATED Tuesday 6th July:

Apparently a player to be announced today, after all went well yesterday :bluebird: :bluebird:

Good news hopefully, no idea who it could be? havent seen much around that seems it could be genuine.