Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ipswich message board reckon

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Kean is about to bid 4 mil 4 chops :(

Re: Ipswich message board reckon

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:13 pm

The Cobra wrote:Kean is about to bid 4 mil 4 chops :(

It would be hard to turn down if offered upfront.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:16 pm

I'd be extremely surprised if we accept that bid, no matter what cash roblems we might have.

The last week has been massive and we are going to kick on from that, selling Chops isn't a sign of kicking on. We're sending out a message to every team in the Championship that we are going for it this season.

Keane can blow me

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:17 pm

i wouldnt believe all you read. he said couple of weeks back he aint paying over the odds and the chopra deal was dead (in so many words) plus he was after mccormack id say that ross is off

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:18 pm

mite accept that then get roberts and hulse haha. don't really want to see chops going cuz he is class

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:25 pm

As much as I love Chops I would take 4 mil!

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:30 pm

And who are we going to replace Chops with at this late stage? I would be surprised if he goes even if the money is right.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:07 pm

in chops own words he wanted better players to make us stronger so why would he leave now with the players we got now

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 pm

The Cobra wrote:Kean is about to bid 4 mil 4 chops :(

Sadly,I think there could be some Truth in that.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 pm

I read somewhere that they can't afford to buy any players, let alone pay £4mil!

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:13 pm

jbirdrules wrote:I read somewhere that they can't afford to buy any players, let alone pay £4mil!

Roy Keane is Demanding money for New players.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:14 pm

he,s let alot go mind

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Havent they just got about 3 mil off Stoke for Walters?

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:34 pm

With 5 in midfield, Doncaster, over run us until Chops went of injured, and really did DJ a favour he was forced to reshaped the midfield putting Whitts into central Midfield bringing Burke on really transformed the game, do we really need Chops, because I thought the we played much better after he went off, i do not think he will be happy as a bench player maybe the money for Chops would be better? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:24 am

£4 million and the city will sell

this late ??? it's not too late and if DJ has wind of a possible deal he will have already been lookin around and with that amount of cash he could get another bargain buy

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:48 am

A club like us should neeeeever let a player like Chops go to a rival club regardless of the offer, its easier to accept the bid than to find a replacement.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:13 am

Blue_Lloyd wrote:As much as I love Chops I would take 4 mil!

I've also heard they havent got a pot to piss in!

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:08 am

jammsy 1927 wrote:With 5 in midfield, Doncaster, over run us until Chops went of injured, and really did DJ a favour he was forced to reshaped the midfield putting Whitts into central Midfield bringing Burke on really transformed the game, do we really need Chops, because I thought the we played much better after he went off, i do not think he will be happy as a bench player maybe the money for Chops would be better? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think you gotta look at the bigger picture here.City's achievments over the last 3 or 4 seasons has been done with a paper thin sqad.Prior to this seasons signings I think everyone could name our best starting XI but for the first time in ages we now have a large enough squad to challenge for automatic promotion.We play far more matches in the championship than they do in the prem and with Bellamy's knees the way they are I just can't see him starting in all games so Chopa,Burke,Whits,etc...,are all very much needed but for the first time DJ can now rest players when they need it.Its true every player has his price and six months ago for four million he would have had to go.I think the time to start worrying over Chops if a prem club came in with a 5 mill offer cause thats where he wants to play(like any other footballer really).We all know that in the past that players like the afore mentioned have had to play when carrying a knock because there was no-one else to come in which is why I think is why we've run out of steam over the course of the season before now.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:03 am

You can not let Chopra go now For once you have a football side with OPTIONS

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:24 am

Can't see Chops going anywhere!!!

Jones signed him twice now for a reason! and Chops wanted bigger players in to strengthen the squad - who in their right mind would want to leave the most popular team in the league containing the deadliest player in the league!

THE BLUEBIRDS ARE GOING UP! :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:52 pm

4 Million and he's gone... A bid is expected before the transfer deadline, Mr Jones has players lined up just in case.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:12 pm

sammorgz wrote:A club like us should neeeeever let a player like Chops go to a rival club regardless of the offer, its easier to accept the bid than to find a replacement.

i agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:45 pm

hes out for up to 6 weeks so no deal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... ardiff_cit y/8934914.stm?