Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" VASSELL SET TO SIGN BUT A SHOCK DEPARTURE? "

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:08 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=208908 :bluebird:

By Tom Coleman

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=208908

Bobby Reid could potentially be on his way out of Cardiff City.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=208908 :bluebird:

The Bluebirds are poised to complete a move for Birmingham City forward Isaac Vassell before the close of the window, and his arrival could well see Reid moved on.

The Sun claim Reid's former club Bristol City are keeping an eye on the situation - and that that they may not be the only ones potentially interested.

The 26-year old joined Cardiff from the Robins for a fee of around £10m last summer, but has arguably failed to really hit the heights for the Bluebirds in the way some had hoped, netting five goals in 28 appearances.

He was tipped for a big campaign upon Cardiff's return to the Championship this season, but it now seems that Warnock is willing to let him move on this summer for pastures new, particularly in light of a largely underwhelming showing in the defeat to Wigan.

The future of another former Bristol City man, Lee Tomlin, also remains uncertain.

Again, Tomlin had been tipped for a potentially big season with the Bluebirds having spent the summer slimming down and improving his fitness.

However, it seems Warnock still has concerns around the 30-year old, and the right offer could well see him also moved on before the deadline.

Re: " VASSELL SET TO SIGN BUT A SHOCK DEPARTURE? "

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:11 pm

This window is going from bad to worse, arguably the one player we have who can score in this league we let him go back to a rival...

Unbelievable!

This has to be a joke I was staying positive till I seen this..... The club is a f*cking joke if true and don't replace him with same class

Please not Reid

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:13 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:By Tom Coleman

The Bluebirds are poised to complete a move for Birmingham City forward Isaac Vassell before the close of the window, and his arrival could well see Reid moved on.

The Sun claim Reid's former club Bristol City are keeping an eye on the situation - and that that they may not be the only ones potentially interested.

The 26-year old joined Cardiff from the Robins for a fee of around £10m last summer, but has arguably failed to really hit the heights for the Bluebirds in the way some had hoped, netting five goals in 28 appearances.

He was tipped for a big campaign upon Cardiff's return to the Championship this season, but it now seems that Warnock is willing to let him move on this summer for pastures new, particularly in light of a largely underwhelming showing in the defeat to Wigan.

The future of another former Bristol City man, Lee Tomlin, also remains uncertain.

Again, Tomlin had been tipped for a potentially big season with the Bluebirds having spent the summer slimming down and improving his fitness.

However, it seems Warnock still has concerns around the 30-year old, and the right offer could well see him also moved on before the deadline.

Warnock wouldn’t be able to sweet talk the fans if he sold Reid. What happened to the Cardiff chairman saying we won’t be selling our big name players? I can honestly say I’d be very fucked off with the Club if they sold Reid and replaced him with Vassell.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:13 pm

If we let Reid go then i've lost all faith in Warnock

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:14 pm

neilst wrote:This has to be a joke I was staying positive till I seen this..... The club is a f*cking joke if true and don't replace him with same class

Agree .

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:14 pm

Likewise, this would be shocking!!!

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:16 pm

Don’t want to lose Bobby Reid, but if he is going, sell him to a Prem club for a profit.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:19 pm

Is this a joke!? It has been many a year since I felt so pessimistic. Manga out for a mirror Mozza making us slow and vulnerable at the back. Pelts given a rub means no solving the RB issue (slow again and can’t pass) of last four seasons... Reid, proven at this level can fit into Warnocks Jurassic tactics, Harris let go only to have a blinding pre season... what is going on at the club!? We have no midfield, our striking options are hanging on the morphology of a useless, goalless injury-plagued Vassell! I’d rather Darius out of retirement ffs...Have a clue for Christ sake, Camarasa, Gunnar’s and Arter our with lonely Vaulks in!????? I have backed Warnock until this summer, I am sorry but the board are blinkered. We have not only been relegated but the tactics and transfers this summer have transported us back to the 80s...

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:If we let Reid go then i've lost all faith in Warnock

Same here. That would tell me that he doesn't give a f*ck about the clubs future as I guarantee if you asked whoever the new manager of Cardiff is next season would he want Bobby Reid he'd say definitely. If Warnock doesn't want him at least loan him out (yes I wouldn't be happy with that either) so that we'd have him for whoever is managing next season. I don't understand, he's one of our best players and scored 20 goals last time he was in the championship, I mean wasn't the reason we signed Reid and Murphy was so if the worst happened in the prem we'd have top championship players?

Hopefully this is all nonsense and Warnock isn't looking to sell one of our best attacking players to a promotion rival.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:25 pm

reid must be kept at all costs ; where is , our midfielder , come on city show the fans some ambition , :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:27 pm

This had better not be true. If Bobby Reid goes the Club will lose a lot of goodwill as well as some fans possibly leaving. Vassell is not a no. 10 so it's not like for like. Also, if Reid goes and Tomlin that leaves us pretty short of 10s

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Would be surprised if this happened as Reid would be one of our stand out performers at this level having scored frequently for Bristol City last time around.

IF it did happen you would have to question the ambition or lack of this football club.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:31 pm

agree

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Fuk this vassell guy I'd rather not sign anymore than to lose Bobby Reid absolute bollocks!!

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:35 pm

If reid went the only way the club would get away with it is to break the transfer record on someone worth 20 million

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Reid on the way ? - really - that is utter madness especially if replacing him with Vassell. Unless of course we are getting 15million plus for Reid and he on his way to a premier league team. In which case good luck to him.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 pm

Bobby Reid still lives in Bristol, loves the club, and usually spends time each week with the academy boys at Bristol City, so for him it would be a dream move back home to the club he loves. So I’m afraid I think this story may have legs :bluebird:

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:41 pm

This if true is going to be difficult for the wait and see brigade
Perhaps we have sent him on his way when we sing he hates bristol

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:48 pm

Bristol City are interested in bringing Bobby Reid back to the club from Cardiff City and the Bluebirds may be open to a sale.

Neil Warnock has been keen on strengthening his options up top, even after they announced the signing of Robert Glatzel from Heidenheim at the end of July. And, it has also been reported that they are lining up a deadline day move for Birmingham City’s Isaac Vassell.

If that happens, journalist Alan Nixon has claimed that Reid could be moved on to free up space and funds and he indicated that the Robins are one of many sides monitoring the 26-year-old.
The forward only joined the Welsh side 12 months ago and he endured a frustrating time in the Premier League as he struggled to nail down a place as the team were relegated.

However, he has proven himself in the Championship over the years, with his brilliant form in the 2017/18 season key to what was a successful campaign for Lee Johnson’s men as he grabbed 19 league goals.
This would be a very surprising move given that Reid played the full game for Cardiff on Saturday and is a good player at this level.

As well as that, you would have thought that Warnock would be reluctant to improve a rival side.

But, if they have another new forward coming in then Reid may not be guaranteed first-team football and a return to Ashton Gate may appeal after a tough time with Cardiff.

From the Robins perspective, they are in desperate need of a quality forward and Reid would be the perfect signing.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:50 pm

I can't see Reid going. Nixon gets a lot wrong to be honest.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:52 pm

We are probably paying staged payments for Reid .
If we have paid say £5mill up front so far then he is affordable to Bristol as they can just wipe the outstanding debt and pay us back what we've paid

We then get our money back on a gamble last season and a large wage off the books. Kind of makes sense financially but football terms its awful

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:52 pm

The Sun claim Reid's former club Bristol City are keeping an eye on the situation - and that they may not be the only ones potentially interested.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Me too, he scored 20 in an average wurzel team 2 years ago....he could be our best player this year. Maybe it’s Neil’s time to move on? And I’ve never said this before..... :old:

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Perhaps the money is needed to finance a striker midfielder and right back. Doubt it but who knows. Either way you don't suddenly stop supporting your club cos they sell your favourite player if that was the case I'd have left after toshack earnie kav to name but three.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:00 pm

Surely not!!
This window has been underwhelming as it is.
If Reid does go, it'll need to be SOME deadline day tomorrow to make up for it! Not to confident it will be though. Let's just see if it happens first.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:03 pm

I'm struggling to see how replacing a player who scored 20 goals the last time he played in the Championship with a player who has scored 1 goal in the Championship and has had a serious injury recently makes any sense whatsoever.

If we needed a pacey striker who doesn't score goals why didn't we just keep Big Ken?

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:05 pm

Unless Tomlin is getting his chance?

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Am I missing something? Wtf has he done for us? He looks uninterested and extremely lightweight. Get rid for the right price.