Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " VASSELL SET TO SIGN BUT A SHOCK DEPARTURE? "

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Am I missing something? Wtf has he done for us? He looks uninterested and extremely lightweight. Get rid for the right price.

I'm with you on this he has done nothing for us and we need to move bodies out, NW wants promotion or he will be gone by Christmas so cut him a bit of slack

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:16 pm

I heard this rumour last night, and it seems to have some legs. Cardiff U23's played Bridgend last night in a friendly and Reid leaving was one of the topics of conversation at the game. Others being Tomlin is on his way out, too.
I don't see the sense in the Reid one, selling to a championship rival would be ridiculous.
If this is true, I'd be very disappointed, even more so if it is to a direct rival of ours.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:16 pm

I was surprised and delighted when we signed him, but lets be honest he doesn't fit our style. We won't be able to play 4231, we need a genuine midfielder and he costs a bit to be left on the bench.
He is a striker in a passing team but doesn't do enough in our kick and rush system.

Just hope we are getting a decent CM in return

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:17 pm

I think if Bobby Reid goes questions need to be asked.

Last season the saying was we’ve got the smallest budget in the premier league by far we have bought players that if we go down next season we will have a great chance of coming back up.

Start of this season we’ve arrived as a club and we really should kick on from here.

24hr’s before the end of the transfer window two of our best players sold another one supposedly on his way. Signed some league 1 and 2 players a striker nobody’s heard of before from Germany who could turn on good but let’s face it it’s a gamble.

Somethings not quite right isit let’s be honest.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Funny thing is city get no mention whatsoever on ssn tonight about anything going on. :o

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:18 pm

God how much of a lose will we make on this if he goes let's be real here when Warnock spends money on transfers they are normally massive and costly flops look how much money he's wasted

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:19 pm

Reid hasn’t impressed me at all, too lightweight and goes missing for long periods during games..

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:19 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I was surprised and delighted when we signed him, but lets be honest he doesn't fit our style. We won't be able to play 4231, we need a genuine midfielder and he costs a bit to be left on the bench.
He is a striker in a passing team but doesn't do enough in our kick and rush system.

Just hope we are getting a decent CM in return

Just remind you that he did score 19 League goals in his last Championship season! Would be a huge loss for Cardiff.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Plain and simple he doesn't fit Warnock style of play and he isn't gonna change it same as tomlin.
Would be gutted if he went cos I think he's quality player, but needs to be used correctly letting him link midfield and attack not just chasing flick ons and ball just by passing him most of the game

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:21 pm

:laughing6: some people overreacting

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:25 pm

Didn't score them for Cardiff though...

No way we play him up top on his own like he did after Kodja went to villa.

I really rate him, but tall striker, two wingers, 3 CM's one more advanced and a back four is Warnocks M.O.

Bobby is not a CM, he is a striker

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 pm

Time to chill your beans ....

If we survived Black Friday this is a drop in the ocean .

I hope this is a non story but then again ReId has yet to deliver for us .

Hope he stays and smashes in 20 this season .

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Sell Reid after the season has started and with 24 hours of the window left. That would be madness unless Warnock’s got a better player lined up to replace him and Reid really wants to go.

I’m beginning to wonder if Warnock’s losing the plot.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:31 pm

While he was scoring 20 odd goals for the wurzels last time we were pissing promotion without him.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:31 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:Plain and simple he doesn't fit Warnock style of play and he isn't gonna change it same as tomlin.
Would be gutted if he went cos I think he's quality player, but needs to be used correctly letting him link midfield and attack not just chasing flick ons and ball just by passing him most of the game

Why on earth did Warnock spend millions of pounds on players who don't fit his style of play? Where is the sense in that?

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:34 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote::laughing6: some people overreacting

Have to agree mate.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Am I missing something? Wtf has he done for us? He looks uninterested and extremely lightweight. Get rid for the right price.

Agree in someways , missed a sitter on Saturday im not sure he fits in to the way we play hes a bit lightweight

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Really poor decisions on both parts - gutted about Reid he’s vital for us getting out the league. At a time where we can’t get a replacement too.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:42 pm

Sol Bamba's on Sky tomorrow 10-1. He'll have some interesting news for us ;)

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 pm

I agree he can appear lightweight but he certainly seems one of the more skilful and technically gifted players in the squad.

No wonder there's no place for him in the team.

Cannot understand why Warnock bought him in the first place as he must have known that Reid's qualities were never going to be utilised properly in the system he plays.

Yet another colossal waste of money to add to Cunningham, Smithies, Madine, Tomlin, Bacuna etc

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:46 pm

I just wonder if there is has been a dwvelipment that City are getting Nketiah on loan and therefore selling Reid to Bristol. Maybe Bristol withdrew interest in him provided we agreed to sell Reid??
(Or is he going to Leeds?)

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:55 pm

First of all I think Reid leaving has no substance, although in the back of my mind is what Warnock said that the club will listen to offers ( Not specifically for Reid I may add) for players.
For those quoting goals/ game ratio for Reid..We should also looks at his assists . Start by looking at the Wigan game.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Reid can't play the Warnock way. So it's bye bye Reid.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:46 am

This would take some explaining, has Tan said no more money?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 am

Not a mention on wurzels foroum about this i for one hope it's rubbish
And could a couple of posters not go into meltdown mode until this actually happens some saying NW should go based on a social media rumour absolute bonkers :old:

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:01 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Not a mention on wurzels foroum about this i for one hope it's rubbish
And could a couple of posters not go into meltdown mode until this actually happens some saying NW should go based on a social media rumour absolute bonkers :old:

The one thing that makes me think that this is possible is that NW said that he’d found some things out after Wigan.
Maybe BDR can’t do number 10?
There were probably loads of things he ‘found out’ tbf so who knows.
In Warnock I STILL trust. :bluescarf:

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:04 am

Reid is such a good player at this level.... providing he’s playing in a passing team which, sadly, we are not.

Saying that we are all shouting for a proven goalscorer and yet proven goal scorers need the service and that service is offered in teams that pass much better than us ... point is if we get any proven goal scorer they will struggle in our archaic style of play

The days of launching the ball into the box and the big guy scoring 20 odd goals in the championship are gone

Defenders are stronger and faster (apart from
Ours)

So those hoping Reid goes are deluded

We need to change the way we play

Sadly under Warnock I don’t see that happening

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:06 am

:o why or why would we do that!!! will be gutted...

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:45 am

Dalman came out and said we do not need to sell. I understand Manga and Zohore going with 1 year left and even though it weakens it I get it.

If Reid goes the club need to come out and say whose decision it is? If the club need the money fine but they should have said that from the start.

If its Warnocks decision then I've lost all faith in him.

IF it's true

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:57 am

I'll say this for this forum,we do know how to throw our toys out. :lol:

What ever happens my faith in the Gaffer is not diminished.He'll do what he thinks is best for our club.Some people are just crisis junkies. :lol: