Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " VASSELL SET TO SIGN BUT A SHOCK DEPARTURE? "

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:05 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:Not a mention on wurzels foroum about this i for one hope it's rubbish
And could a couple of posters not go into meltdown mode until this actually happens some saying NW should go based on a social media rumour absolute bonkers :old:

The one thing that makes me think that this is possible is that NW said that he’d found some things out after Wigan.
Maybe BDR can’t do number 10?
There were probably loads of things he ‘found out’ tbf so who knows.
In Warnock I STILL trust. :bluescarf:

He found out a lot at Wigan. In particular Morrison and Flint are deadwood up against quick and mobile forwards. Not every team has a target man.
Also there is no alternative for right back. Peltier is so negative.
Also our central midfield lacks creativity and drive.
And Madine is useless.

But we all knew this anyway.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:06 am

2blue2handle wrote:Dalman came out and said we do not need to sell. I understand Manga and Zohore going with 1 year left and even though it weakens it I get it.

If Reid goes the club need to come out and say whose decision it is? If the club need the money fine but they should have said that from the start.

If its Warnocks decision then I've lost all faith in him.

IF it's true

Dalman may well have said that but every player at City is available if a decent bid comes in.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:08 am

People having a meltdown over a rumour.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:19 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Dalman came out and said we do not need to sell. I understand Manga and Zohore going with 1 year left and even though it weakens it I get it.

If Reid goes the club need to come out and say whose decision it is? If the club need the money fine but they should have said that from the start.

IF it's true

Dalman may well have said that but every player at City is available if a decent bid comes in.

...or if a player is unsettled / wants a move / doesn’t fit style of play. I’m not saying any of that is true but in truth, nobody knows. Adlai, as someone has stated, it’s only a rumour atm

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:32 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

IF it's true

...or if a player is unsettled / wants a move / doesn’t fit style of play. I’m not saying any of that is true but in truth, nobody knows. Adlai, as someone has stated, it’s only a rumour atm

Of course, same with most clubs but selling at a loss? Hardly seems a business move.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:35 am

Ried will only cost Bristol around 4 million pounds as we haven't fully paid the 10 million we bought him for.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:47 am

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

IF it's true

Of course, same with most clubs but selling at a loss? Hardly seems a business move.

Agree. But all rumour based atm mate.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:07 am

65Blue wrote:
Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Am I missing something? Wtf has he done for us? He looks uninterested and extremely lightweight. Get rid for the right price.

I'm with you on this he has done nothing for us and we need to move bodies out, NW wants promotion or he will be gone by Christmas so cut him a bit of slack

I don't see the issue either, we have a player that only left Bristol for the money and the chance to play in the premier league, he hasn't played well for us and doesn't seem to suit our style if he wants away and the money is right why would we stop him and keep a player that we wont use?

Why does everyone want to keep him, he had a good reputation but has been crap!

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:10 am

Bluebina wrote:
65Blue wrote:
Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Am I missing something? Wtf has he done for us? He looks uninterested and extremely lightweight. Get rid for the right price.

I'm with you on this he has done nothing for us and we need to move bodies out, NW wants promotion or he will be gone by Christmas so cut him a bit of slack

I don't see the issue either, we have a player that only left Bristol for the money and the chance to play in the premier league, he hasn't played well for us and doesn't seem to suit our style if he wants away and the money is right why would we stop him and keep a player that we wont use?

I'm in agreement, he hasn't been the best for us (granted he hasn't had a lot of chances to play) but i'd rather paterson as number 10 not reid

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:16 am

Reids not going. That Arsenal kid was due to bristol but hasn't turned up :lol: so they have been enquiring about other striker options.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:17 am

CP25Bluebird wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
65Blue wrote:

I'm in agreement, he hasn't been the best for us (granted he hasn't had a lot of chances to play) but i'd rather paterson as number 10 not reid

Yes, he hasn't had many chances, because when he gets one he doesn't take it, so Warnock drops him again and goes back to what works best!

In agreement that we needed better players in though, lets just hope there is a nice surprise today and Vaulks, Glatzel, Vassell and Nelson are better than we think, and Smithies stays as cover for Etheridge!

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:24 am

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

IF it's true

No it doesn’t mate but we’re pretty good at it!

Personally, I don’t believe Reid is going anywhere.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 am

thomasblue wrote:We are probably paying staged payments for Reid .
If we have paid say £5mill up front so far then he is affordable to Bristol as they can just wipe the outstanding debt and pay us back what we've paid

We then get our money back on a gamble last season and a large wage off the books. Kind of makes sense financially but football terms its awful

Good point Thomas. Also if a player is unhappy it is almost impossible to get them to play to their full potential. I have a gut feeling that we might be better off in letting him go. We would get some cash for January and free up a huge wage.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:43 am

Agreed - he hasnt exactly set the world alight for us - wouldnt lose any sleep if he went ( perhaps he turns out to be another Zaha - great for Palace - but not so effective when playing elsewhere ).

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:47 am

Bluebina wrote:
65Blue wrote:

Don’t you get it?
It’s about losing a proven championship player with no time to get a replacement

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:00 am

I really am struggling why Warnock keeps buying these flair number 10s none av fitted in his style, for a experienced manager none of his buys over a million have worked out!!

Paterson will defo be in number 10 role as he's alot more aggressive and wins the ball in the air, which is how Warnock plays. The pretty passing stuff has never happened so I feel sorry for reid and tomlin. Hope we make a profit on both. Either one will be a massive success at Fulham which would be a big worry for us as promotion contenders

Hope we bring in a quality replacement CM that can do the dirty work :bluescarf:

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:11 am

Reid does not suit our style of play that is clear. The player we need in who does suit our style of play is Oumar Niasse he works really hard and will barely score a goal a season. I say we go with a forward line of Madine,no goals in 20 games for Cardiff Niasse no goals in 20 games for Cardiff and Everton and Vassel who did actually once did score a goal for Birmingham. Obviously he is not very good but can run fast.That forward line will have the opposition quaking in their boots.

Stuff this ludicrous nonsense about strikers who can score goals as long as they run about a lot that will do for me.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:25 am

Maybe if every goal kick, free kick, throw and pass wasn’t lumped long with the hope of winning the second ball we would see more from Reid, Murphy etc. When we keep the ball on the floor we play some nice stuff. I’m all for mixing it up but it’s so frustrating to watch when everything is long. Especially when we have players perfectly capable of stringing a few passes together. It’s predictable and easy to defend against which is probably why our goal return from our strikers is shocking.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:29 am

Danny Says wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:Not a mention on wurzels foroum about this i for one hope it's rubbish
And could a couple of posters not go into meltdown mode until this actually happens some saying NW should go based on a social media rumour absolute bonkers :old:

The one thing that makes me think that this is possible is that NW said that he’d found some things out after Wigan.
Maybe BDR can’t do number 10?
There were probably loads of things he ‘found out’ tbf so who knows.
In Warnock I STILL trust. :bluescarf:

He found out a lot at Wigan. In particular Morrison and Flint are deadwood up against quick and mobile forwards. Not every team has a target man.
Also there is no alternative for right back. Peltier is so negative.
Also our central midfield lacks creativity and drive.
And Madine is useless.

But we all knew this anyway.

:occasion5: true

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:35 am

Danny Says wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
65Blue wrote:

And losing him to a rival, either Fulham or Bristol is awful business. Fine if he joined a team in a different league though.

Don’t you get it?
It’s about losing a proven championship player with no time to get a replacement

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Crayfish wrote:Reid does not suit our style of play that is clear. The player we need in who does suit our style of play is Oumar Niasse he works really hard and will barely score a goal a season. I say we go with a forward line of Madine,no goals in 20 games for Cardiff Niasse no goals in 20 games for Cardiff and Everton and Vassel who did actually once did score a goal for Birmingham. Obviously he is not very good but can run fast.That forward line will have the opposition quaking in their boots.

Stuff this ludicrous nonsense about strikers who can score goals as long as they run about a lot that will do for me.

Someone give this guy a place on the transfer committee