Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Marlon Pack?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Anyone know much about him or what the Bristol fans thought of him?

Re: Marlon Pack?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:02 pm

He’s effing shit according to a mate of mine who’s a wurzel legs are gone and slow as but can pass, not good mate

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Just head a little scout on the Bristol forum looks like mixed reviews on Pack, I’m not sure if this may be some sour grapes tho.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 pm

bluebells wrote:He’s effing shit according to a mate of mine who’s a wurzel legs are gone and slow as but can pass, not good mate

I’ve just read something similar to this! Underwhelming transfer window for me! Hopefully I’m proved wrong!

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:50 pm

He has a higher valuation on Transfermarkt than Gunnersson and @ 3m Euros he can't be as bad as some are implying.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=209143

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:14 pm

He's a leader and neat passer but lacks pace (like the rest of our team). It's not a bad signing IMO because it definitely beats having Bacuna in there. Vassell seems a really odd signing though. His record is abysmal.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 pm

popeye21 wrote:He has a higher valuation on Transfermarkt than Gunnersson and @ 3m Euros he can't be as bad as some are implying.

That means absolutely f**k all

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 pm

Did we pay 750k for him? That’s a bargain if true....

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:09 pm

Marlon Pack Can Be Bluebirds Warrior, Claims Neil Warnock . . . As Bristol City Say Deal Was Too Good To Refuse
Posted on 8th August 2019 by Graham Thomas
Neil Warnock believes he has a new warrior leader at Cardiff City after the club completed a deal to sign Marlon Park from Bristol City.

The midfielder has moved to the Bluebirds for an undisclosed fee after six years at Ashton Gate and Warnock reckons the 28-year-old will fill the gap left by Aron Gunnarsson.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Bargain we have pulled Bristol’s pants down with this one 750 large ! He will walk straight into the team he’s a warrior in his prime too yessss

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:23 pm

bluebells wrote:He’s effing shit according to a mate of mine who’s a wurzel legs are gone and slow as but can pass, not good mate

Someone please ban this troll :twisted:

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:27 pm

I doubt his legs are gone at 28. That sounds like sour grapes to me.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:48 pm

Cardiff City have confirmed the signing of Bristol City midfielder Marlon Pack, becoming the Bluebirds’ eighth signing of the summer window.

He made the short trip to South Wales on deadline day, moving just four days after playing the full 90 minutes of the Robins’ Championship opener against Leeds United, and signs a three-year deal with his new club.

It ends a six-year stay at Ashton Gate, during which he helped the Robins return to the Championship in 2014 making a total of 283 appearances, scoring 12 goals and assisting 24 more.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:06 pm

nubbsy wrote:
popeye21 wrote:He has a higher valuation on Transfermarkt than Gunnersson and @ 3m Euros he can't be as bad as some are implying.

I disagree. Apart from transfers valuations will be placed on players for insurance and annual accounts. All these figures will give a valuation for a player. Then if a club is buying they may pay over the odds, whereas if they are selling, the player may go for less than full value. While there are exceptions to the rule, a player in the 2.5 - 3m Euros bracket should be better than one in the 500k - 750k Euros bracket for example. Therefore, the value of 3m Euros doesn't mean 'f**k all'.

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:47 pm

At 750k hes a bit of a steal I was expecting the 2 million mark

Hes a bit like medal except cheaper

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:06 am

Igovernor wrote:

Yes can someone ban this troll it joined the foroum yesterday and appears on most topics with a derogatory remark sad tw*t :wave:

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:21 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Yes can someone ban this troll it joined the foroum yesterday and appears on most topics with a derogatory remark sad tw*t :wave:

It sounds like the loon wolfpac has made a comeback after being banned.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:30 am

Young snibs wrote:Anyone know much about him or what the Bristol fans thought of him?

I remember last season when they played Man city he was very good and scored from a header in one of the games, pep singled him out for praise saying what a good player he thought he was, Flint was also outstanding in both the games and got man of the match in one,
Pack is like a gunnerson that can pass and head the ball properly and if its true we got him for 750k I think it's a very good signing

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:33 am

Llan_Blue wrote:I doubt his legs are gone at 28. That sounds like sour grapes to me.

Are you saying there are no slow 28-year-olds playing football?

Some players have never possessed pace in their entire careers, I suspect Marlon Pack is one of those.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:36 am

From the sounds of things he’s decent on the ball but not very mobile. Think if we play him in a 3 with paired with Ralls/Vaulks/Bacuna and they do the leg work for him whilst he gets on the ball, that may get the best out of him.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:56 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Marlon Pack Can Be Bluebirds Warrior, Claims Neil Warnock . . . As Bristol City Say Deal Was Too Good To Refuse
Posted on 8th August 2019 by Graham Thomas
Neil Warnock believes he has a new warrior leader at Cardiff City after the club completed a deal to sign Marlon Park from Bristol City.

The midfielder has moved to the Bluebirds for an undisclosed fee after six years at Ashton Gate and Warnock reckons the 28-year-old will fill the gap left by Aron Gunnarsson.

He's obviously a Warnock type player, someone that will fight for the cause, not some weedy little shit that will hide and winge.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:57 am

Igovernor wrote:

Daya on a wind up :sleepy2:

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:22 am

popeye21 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

I disagree. Apart from transfers valuations will be placed on players for insurance and annual accounts. All these figures will give a valuation for a player. Then if a club is buying they may pay over the odds, whereas if they are selling, the player may go for less than full value. While there are exceptions to the rule, a player in the 2.5 - 3m Euros bracket should be better than one in the 500k - 750k Euros bracket for example. Therefore, the value of 3m Euros doesn't mean 'f**k all'.

Mate firstly, that website is full of shit. We've just bought him for less than a mill and the website rate him at 3m and you think it's reliable?

Secondly gunnerson isn't going to be worth as much because he's old. I'm not saying he isn't a better player I'm just saying to can't look at a frequently inaccurate website and compare his price to a 32 year old to say whether he's good or not.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:18 am

BobbyBlue wrote:Bargain we have pulled Bristol’s pants down with this one 750 large ! He will walk straight into the team he’s a warrior in his prime too yessss

Seem to have heard that one before ;)

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:29 pm

Spoke to my neighbours son in law this morning - big Wurzels supporter.
Rates Pack quite highly, though does have the odd mare.
Incidentally, he thinks we overpaid for Reid last year!!

Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:Bargain we have pulled Bristol’s pants down with this one 750 large ! He will walk straight into the team he’s a warrior in his prime too yessss

Seem to have heard that one before ;)

Like I said :)

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:I doubt his legs are gone at 28. That sounds like sour grapes to me.

Are you saying there are no slow 28-year-olds playing football?

Some players have never possessed pace in their entire careers, I suspect Marlon Pack is one of those.

No I’m saying his legs probably haven’t gone if he’s 28.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 am

Brilliant player for us just perfect helped the whole team and from a great [position as a talker as he can see the whole pitch!

I noticed he blocked the keeper out for one of the corners, I didn't notice if he did it on all of them?

I love it when we do that we are hard enough to defend against anyway, but when there is someone six foot two blocking the keepers view it makes it even harder :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:35 am

Pack is exactly what we needed to replace Gunnar.

His reading of the game is excellent, passing is simple and provides a presence that could be vital this season. He even made one lovely run into the box in the 2nd half but couldn't quite get on the end of the pass (Peltier I think).

I'm impressed with that first appearance and if he carries on at that level we won't be dominated in midfield too often.
Post a reply