Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby troobloo3339 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Could you prove your comment from yesterday about
Free agents not being able to be included until 1st january 2020
If signed after window shut and also confirm championship teams have to name a 25 man squad
Like premier league teams
Theres a lot of conflicting comments on this board
So hopefully we can all be put right
Thanks
Hope you dont think im having a go at you
troobloo3339
 
Posts: 6848
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:52 pm

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... --players/


official league website have a read you can sign free agents as long as they were free agents when the window shut not after
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 13729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby troobloo3339 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... --players/


official league website have a read you can sign free agents as long as they were free agents when the window shut not after

Link says page cant be found
troobloo3339
 
Posts: 6848
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby snoopystorm » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:23 pm

5DE142C3-CC24-420C-99AB-0E7470E1E259.png
5DE142C3-CC24-420C-99AB-0E7470E1E259.png (241.42 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
Sala - Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
Together We Will Make It
For Sala, For David
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm
Location: Kenfig Hill

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby snoopystorm » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:39 pm

League 1 and League 2 have until September 2nd to sort deals out, Championship and PL clubs can loan players out up until 1 week after that window shuts to L1 & L2 teams. Free agents can still sign up to the loan deadline for L1 & L2 as well, they can also sign for PL and Championship clubs but cannot be registered in the 1st team until Jan 1st
Sala - Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
Together We Will Make It
For Sala, For David
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm
Location: Kenfig Hill

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby wez1927 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:27 am

snoopystorm wrote:League 1 and League 2 have until September 2nd to sort deals out, Championship and PL clubs can loan players out up until 1 week after that window shuts to L1 & L2 teams. Free agents can still sign up to the loan deadline for L1 & L2 as well, they can also sign for PL and Championship clubs but cannot be registered in the 1st team until Jan 1st
it doesnt say that on tbe efl offical site
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 13729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby wez1927 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:40 am

Transfer Window in each Season registrations of Players and transfers of registrations will, except as permitted in Regulation 57, be declined or will only be approved:

43.2.1 where the Player is an Out of Registration Player;

43.2.2 where the Player was last registered as or is being registered as a Scholar or Academy Player (subject to such conditions by which the Club making the application and the Player shall be bound); and/or

43.2.3 if agreed by The League (including where the Player was last registered with a Club (or club) which has ceased to trade, including during the Closed Period) subject to such conditions as determined by The League and by which the Club making the application and the Player shall be bound.

43.3 Where any new registration or transfer of a Player is received by The League after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season, that Player will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League in that Season, except as permitted in Regulation
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 13729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby snoopystorm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:17 pm

For EFL League 1 and EFL League 2

The Championship follows the PL as of this season
Sala - Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
Together We Will Make It
For Sala, For David
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm
Location: Kenfig Hill

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby snoopystorm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:19 pm

The new English Football League campaign may have started at the weekend, but there are still several players who do not know where they will be plying their trade this season.

This year Championship clubs only have until 17:00 BST on Thursday, 8 August to complete their transfer business - in a move that aligns them with the Premier League window.

League One and League Two sides, however, have until Monday, 2 September to register permanent or loan deals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49227342
Sala - Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
Together We Will Make It
For Sala, For David
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm
Location: Kenfig Hill

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby snoopystorm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:25 pm

wez1927 wrote:Transfer Window in each Season registrations of Players and transfers of registrations will, except as permitted in Regulation 57, be declined or will only be approved:

43.2.1 where the Player is an Out of Registration Player;

43.2.2 where the Player was last registered as or is being registered as a Scholar or Academy Player (subject to such conditions by which the Club making the application and the Player shall be bound); and/or

43.2.3 if agreed by The League (including where the Player was last registered with a Club (or club) which has ceased to trade, including during the Closed Period) subject to such conditions as determined by The League and by which the Club making the application and the Player shall be bound.

43.3 Where any new registration or transfer of a Player is received by The League after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season, that Player will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League in that Season, except as permitted in Regulation



You missed the main important part


SECTION 6 - PLAYERS

42 Transfer Windows

42.1 The Summer Transfer Window shall commence either:

42.1.1 in respect of any application to register a Player who does not require clearance as described in Regulation 46.2 (International Transfer Certificate), at midnight on the last day of the immediately preceding Season (and for the purposes of this Regulation, those Clubs participating in Play-off matches shall be regarded as having completed their Season notwithstanding their participation in such Play-off matches, but this exception is subject always to Regulation 43.3); or

42.1.2 in respect of any application to register a Player that requires clearance as described in Regulation 46.2, at midnight on the date 12 weeks prior to the date on which it is to conclude (in accordance with Regulation 42.2.2 below).

42.2 Subject to Regulation 42.4, the Summer Transfer Window shall conclude:

42.2.1 for Championship Clubs, at 5pm on the Thursday immediately prior to the commencement of the Premier League season scheduled to commence in the same year as the applicable Season; and

42.2.2 for Clubs in League One and Two, at 5pm on 31 August in each Season (or such other date and time as determined by the Board in accordance with Regulation 42.4) in each Season.
Sala - Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
Together We Will Make It
For Sala, For David
User avatar
snoopystorm
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm
Location: Kenfig Hill

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:50 am

wez1927 wrote:https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... --players/


official league website have a read you can sign free agents as long as they were free agents when the window shut not after

Not sure what the regulations say but I agree with your conclusion. Those players without a club on deadline day being denied the ability to find paid employment in their profession would surely be illegal in English Law as a restraint of trade.
JJ1927
 
Posts: 673
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby lockey1927 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:10 am

We signed hoilett in October
lockey1927
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:20 am

lockey1927 wrote:We signed hoilett in October

Exactly as long as they are a free agent at the end of the last transfer then you can sign them , if they are released after you can't
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 13729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby maccydee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:44 am

This one again.

Remember last year when we had clowns saying we could sign players and they could play well after the transfer deadline closed.

If we are under the same rules as the Premier League we can’t now either.
maccydee
 
Posts: 6572
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Cottesmore

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby Deano1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:35 pm

This one really is very straightforward....

Free agents who were free agents before the last window closed can be signed and registered at any time.

This is why there are numerous deals still being lined up with these guys.

In the premier league there are squad limits, in the championship there aren't.
User avatar
Deano1
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Stirling

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby redbird » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Huddersfield have just signed free agent Frazier Campbell.
User avatar
redbird
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Fao snoopystorm?? Re free agents

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Deano1 wrote:This one really is very straightforward....

Free agents who were free agents before the last window closed can be signed and registered at any time.

This is why there are numerous deals still being lined up with these guys.

In the premier league there are squad limits, in the championship there aren't.

Been saying that but people just don't listen
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927
 
Posts: 13729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: deadmouse, Google Adsense [Bot] and 96 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.