Calum Paterson

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Calum Paterson

Postby bluebird1972 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:00 am

Cannot believe how unfit CP was yesterday not his fault as he hasn’t had a full preseason but he was miles of the pace of the game and NW left him on while substituting others
User avatar
bluebird1972
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Calum Paterson

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Calum Patterson

Postby jockinwales » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:51 pm

I agree that he is not wearing the same size of kit as last season, but too get match fit he has to remain on the field, his aerial presence compensates for his fitness appearance. No doubt he will be first on the team sheet this season, if fit.
User avatar
jockinwales
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:53 am
Location: Llantwit Major

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Glad to see him back .
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 16584
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby bluebird1972 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:10 am

Still looks awful but obviously a Warnock favourite can’t see his constant inclusion having a positive effect on other squad members fighting to get into the match day squad
User avatar
bluebird1972
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:37 am

Thought he did OK when he came on.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 30677
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby bluebird1972 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:46 am

2blue2handle wrote:Thought he did OK when he came on.


Really ? I thought all 3 subs offered nothing different creative an CP won a few flickons hardly OK in my opinion
User avatar
bluebird1972
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:59 am

We all see the game differently. Can't see what he done except two flick on's and a few mistimed challenges.

We caught the premier league unawares for a couple of games last season then they all handled him very comfortably.

If he is a 9 then why the hell did we buy two strikers and return two from loan.
If he is a second striker then we have four wide midfield (442) wingers who's last thought is to cross the ball as they all play on the "wrong" wing.
If he is a wide forward then we lose our one x factor- raw pace

I think he is a wingback with 3 centre half, but all our centre halfs are very similar, at least with Bruno we had pace. But lets be honest we looked awful every time we set up with 3. Be ballsy to go 352, but where does that leaves NML and Murphy. Holliet,whyte,bennett, jazz could all play the wing back position

two season latter I still don't know what position he plays, a bit like Warnock
User avatar
llan bluebird
 
Posts: 7135
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:29 pm

llan bluebird wrote:We all see the game differently. Can't see what he done except two flick on's and a few mistimed challenges.

We caught the premier league unawares for a couple of games last season then they all handled him very comfortably.

If he is a 9 then why the hell did we buy two strikers and return two from loan.
If he is a second striker then we have four wide midfield (442) wingers who's last thought is to cross the ball as they all play on the "wrong" wing.
If he is a wide forward then we lose our one x factor- raw pace

I think he is a wingback with 3 centre half, but all our centre halfs are very similar, at least with Bruno we had pace. But lets be honest we looked awful every time we set up with 3. Be ballsy to go 352, but where does that leaves NML and Murphy. Holliet,whyte,bennett, jazz could all play the wing back position

two season latter I still don't know what position he plays, a bit like Warnock



Doesnt offer anything other than being a nuisance in midfield no end product from him! Cannot see reason to play him with the choice we have ? Last night was pointless bringing him on e better having bogle helping out upfront.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 19600
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:30 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Thought he did OK when he came on.


Really ? I thought all 3 subs offered nothing different creative an CP won a few flickons hardly OK in my opinion


I agree the subs were wrong, we needed something more than Glatzel and Tomlin to get their defence thinking but instead we chnaged the wide areas. By OK I literally mean OK, he got in amongst them and asked another question but that's it.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 30677
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby CF3BLUE » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:52 pm

The guy is unfit and he can't control or pass the ball. But he's funny so play him.
User avatar
CF3BLUE
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:40 am

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby Milkybarkid » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:09 pm

He was awful when he came on and added nothing to the game The shame was Tomlin would have enjoyed having a bit more space when they went down to 10
Milkybarkid
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby Alan_in_China » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:15 pm

CF3BLUE wrote:The guy is unfit and he can't control or pass the ball. But he's funny so play him.


As you say... he can't pass a ball, he's overweight and unfit. But he's a real character, apparently.
Alan_in_China
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:04 am

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:29 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:He was awful when he came on and added nothing to the game The shame was Tomlin would have enjoyed having a bit more space when they went down to 10


Agree although I did think tomlin was off the boil last night a bit
gwentbluebirds
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Calum Paterson

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:We all see the game differently. Can't see what he done except two flick on's and a few mistimed challenges.

We caught the premier league unawares for a couple of games last season then they all handled him very comfortably.

If he is a 9 then why the hell did we buy two strikers and return two from loan.
If he is a second striker then we have four wide midfield (442) wingers who's last thought is to cross the ball as they all play on the "wrong" wing.
If he is a wide forward then we lose our one x factor- raw pace

I think he is a wingback with 3 centre half, but all our centre halfs are very similar, at least with Bruno we had pace. But lets be honest we looked awful every time we set up with 3. Be ballsy to go 352, but where does that leaves NML and Murphy. Holliet,whyte,bennett, jazz could all play the wing back position

two season latter I still don't know what position he plays, a bit like Warnock



Doesnt offer anything other than being a nuisance in midfield no end product from him! Cannot see reason to play him with the choice we have ? Last night was pointless bringing him on e better having bogle helping out upfront.


I think bogle deserved a decent run out yesterday
gwentbluebirds
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:24 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blueman39, Crayfish, Don Keydick, Google [Bot], Grandstand, Llan_Blue, Majestic-12 [Bot], Northwest_Bluebird, Welsh Exile and 159 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.