Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3" Bamb

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3" Bamb

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:26 am

Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3" Bamba 6'3" Morrison 6'4" Madine 6'4" Glatzel 6'4" Flint 6'5" (This obviously does not include the keepers).


Certainly we can't play all 8 at the same time but perhaps 4 or 5. Can anyone imagine 6 ? You do not need to be a genius to know what the game plan is : SET PIECES !! And LONG BALL !! This will be our most potent weapon. This is Warnock's farewel team after a long and colourful career .



A team full of giants. It must be dead scary for opposition teams. Is it ? Maybe not pretty but effective at this level. Is it ?



Many may not like this style but most supporters trust Warnock's judgement . Do you? Will it work for us ??? Do you thimk those TITANS will get us promotion ?


OPINIONS?



One final note.....we also have few skillful ball players who can put good crosses to those TITANS.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 114195
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3" Bamb

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Bluebina » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3" Bamba 6'3" Morrison 6'4" Madine 6'4" Glatzel 6'4" Flint 6'5" (This obviously does not include the keepers).


Certainly we can't play all 8 at the same time but perhaps 4 or 5. Can anyone imagine 6 ? You do not need to be a genius to know what the game plan is : SET PIECES !! And LONG BALL !! This will be our most potent weapon. This is Warnock's farewel team after a long and colourful career .



A team full of giants. It must be dead scary for opposition teams. Is it ? Maybe not pretty but effective at this level. Is it ?



Many may not like this style but most supporters trust Warnock's judgement . Do you? Will it work for us ??? Do you thimk those TITANS will get us promotion ?


OPINIONS?



One final note.....we also have few skillful ball players who can put good crosses to those TITANS.


Pack 6 foot 2 I think?

Surprised Patterson and Bacuna are that tall, that's a massive side!

I've been saying this as we signed Flint, Glatzel and Pack that we were going to be impossible to play against and that they can't wrestle all our defenders to the ground from corners and long throws.

Three long throwers too, with Vaulks, Patterson and Morrison, every team are going to hate playing us, but with Glatzel, Murphy, Mendez and Vassell we also have a lot of pace, which is very hard to defend against

When they all settle this is going to be an exciting year, and we should be right up there at the end of the season, because we have a strong squad as well as a very strong 1 to 111
Bluebina
 
Posts: 9718
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:38 am

To get set pieces we need to attack to gain corners and free kicks

Hopefully will play football too
NIBluebird
 
Posts: 5531
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby EastleighBlue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:39 am

Set pieces are an important part of the game. At this level we will do very well with this tactic. It failed in the Premier league and we needed other options. I think it is far too simplistic to say we are a long ball team though. Warnock emphasises skill and great wing play too. My concern with the squad at the moment is the pace at which we can get around Glatzel in a counter attack. We also need accuracy in passes up to him. How we miss Peter Whittingham in his pomp here. Imagine him delivering free kicks to our so called giants as well!
EastleighBlue
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby goats » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 am

EastleighBlue wrote:Set pieces are an important part of the game. At this level we will do very well with this tactic. It failed in the Premier league and we needed other options. I think it is far too simplistic to say we are a long ball team though. Warnock emphasises skill and great wing play too. My concern with the squad at the moment is the pace at which we can get around Glatzel in a counter attack. We also need accuracy in passes up to him. How we miss Peter Whittingham in his pomp here. Imagine him delivering free kicks to our so called giants as well!


It’s good have but we need people to deliver the ball well, vaulks, Murphy and junior, surely Tomlin too? The pace we have on the wing will also be good as we can mix it up, particularly if the opposition are expecting long balls all the time. Expect a few junior and hopefully Murphy 30 yarders yeah..... :occasion5:
User avatar
goats
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:22 am

Paterson and bacuna are NOT 6'2". Not sure about bogle but have my doubts
Bambasbestbuddy22
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Paterson and bacuna are NOT 6'2". Not sure about bogle but have my doubts


I think you're wrong about Patterson.My sons got a selfie with him and he towers above him and my lad is about 5'11"
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 5421
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:40 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Paterson and bacuna are NOT 6'2". Not sure about bogle but have my doubts


They are over 6 :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 114195
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:42 am

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3" Bamba 6'3" Morrison 6'4" Madine 6'4" Glatzel 6'4" Flint 6'5" (This obviously does not include the keepers).


Certainly we can't play all 8 at the same time but perhaps 4 or 5. Can anyone imagine 6 ? You do not need to be a genius to know what the game plan is : SET PIECES !! And LONG BALL !! This will be our most potent weapon. This is Warnock's farewel team after a long and colourful career .



A team full of giants. It must be dead scary for opposition teams. Is it ? Maybe not pretty but effective at this level. Is it ?



Many may not like this style but most supporters trust Warnock's judgement . Do you? Will it work for us ??? Do you thimk those TITANS will get us promotion ?


OPINIONS?



One final note.....we also have few skillful ball players who can put good crosses to those TITANS.


Pack 6 foot 2 I think?

Surprised Patterson and Bacuna are that tall, that's a massive side!

I've been saying this as we signed Flint, Glatzel and Pack that we were going to be impossible to play against and that they can't wrestle all our defenders to the ground from corners and long throws.

Three long throwers too, with Vaulks, Patterson and Morrison, every team are going to hate playing us, but with Glatzel, Murphy, Mendez and Vassell we also have a lot of pace, which is very hard to defend against

When they all settle this is going to be an exciting year, and we should be right up there at the end of the season, because we have a strong squad as well as a very strong 1 to 111



I think your right about Pack :thumbright:


Remind me of Wimbledon's crazy squad all big built and fighters/grafters :lol: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 114195
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Bluebird1990 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:45 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Paterson and bacuna are NOT 6'2". Not sure about bogle but have my doubts

Patterson is a little over 6ft and Bacuna is just shy of 6'2
Bluebird1990
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:13 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:49 am

We know the game plan so surely it makes sense to use these players and their height?
User avatar
Tony Blue Williams
 
Posts: 13179
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Bluebina » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:00 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Paterson and bacuna are NOT 6'2". Not sure about bogle but have my doubts

Patterson is a little over 6ft and Bacuna is just shy of 6'2



Great the point is still valid we have a massive big strong powerfull team, and everyone is going to hate us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina
 
Posts: 9718
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Bluebina » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3" Bamba 6'3" Morrison 6'4" Madine 6'4" Glatzel 6'4" Flint 6'5" (This obviously does not include the keepers).


Certainly we can't play all 8 at the same time but perhaps 4 or 5. Can anyone imagine 6 ? You do not need to be a genius to know what the game plan is : SET PIECES !! And LONG BALL !! This will be our most potent weapon. This is Warnock's farewel team after a long and colourful career .



A team full of giants. It must be dead scary for opposition teams. Is it ? Maybe not pretty but effective at this level. Is it ?



Many may not like this style but most supporters trust Warnock's judgement . Do you? Will it work for us ??? Do you thimk those TITANS will get us promotion ?


OPINIONS?



One final note.....we also have few skillful ball players who can put good crosses to those TITANS.


Pack 6 foot 2 I think?

Surprised Patterson and Bacuna are that tall, that's a massive side!

I've been saying this as we signed Flint, Glatzel and Pack that we were going to be impossible to play against and that they can't wrestle all our defenders to the ground from corners and long throws.

Three long throwers too, with Vaulks, Patterson and Morrison, every team are going to hate playing us, but with Glatzel, Murphy, Mendez and Vassell we also have a lot of pace, which is very hard to defend against

When they all settle this is going to be an exciting year, and we should be right up there at the end of the season, because we have a strong squad as well as a very strong 1 to 111



I think your right about Pack :thumbright:


Remind me of Wimbledon's crazy squad all big built and fighters/grafters :lol: :bluebird:



Spot on mate, I love a big hard team built like this :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The whole world is going to hate us, and we will bully them all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina
 
Posts: 9718
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:02 am

Paterson is a monster, built like a rugby player.
ElyBoy1984
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby caerblue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:13 am

It’s not the type of football I like to watch,just lump it forward,I know we play high up in the opposition half but,it would be nice to see a passing style of football,set pieces were very poor in the premier league last year,we conceded a lot of goals from corners,where everybody thought it would be one of our strengths,it was actually one of our weaknesses
caerblue
 
Posts: 2499
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby nubbsy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:47 pm

May work this year, may not. But no real thought past this season. It will still be as big a jump if we go up as it was last time.
nubbsy
 
Posts: 8684
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Thing is theres lots who have a "passing game" in this league,trouble is,even if they are good enough to go up they quickly find out that most teams in the prem also have passing games only better and like Fulham and Norwich will struggle if they can't defend.
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 5421
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby noisycat » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:17 pm

My concern is our lack of a different game plan when the conditions don’t suit. The wind was strong and gusting on Saturday but, too often we played head tennis and didn’t control the ball. I’m not a big fan of tippy tippy football, where teams just pass the all from side to side ,without getting anywhere but I would hope, that our players and manager, can alter the play during the game to reflect the conditions. I accept people will say we won the game on Saturday but we could easily have ended up with a draw.
noisycat
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby theclaw » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Agree it gives us a big advantage in certain areas but remember where we’re these giants for that Luton corner.
theclaw
 
Posts: 2517
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:55 pm

NIBluebird wrote:To get set pieces we need to attack to gain corners and free kicks

Hopefully will play football too


Spot On .
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 16285
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:25 pm

It’s going to be a tall order to get promoted this season IMO :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Nuclearblue
 
Posts: 22446
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 am

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby cs_original » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:22 am

Totally agree Annis. Defenders will panic when the likes of Patterson and Glatzel are charging at them them, usually end up grabbing gold giving us a free kick in a dangerous area. With Bamba Flint Morrison Glatzel etc to aim at we will 100%score many goals from set plays this year.

Like someone else said it did’t work in the prem, was expecting Morrison to score a few but didn’t happen. This season will be different
cs_original
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Blueman39 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:56 am

It’s fine having the 6footers on the pitch but what happens when the long ball game doesn’t work???
Do we have the players for Plan B ???
Only really creative player is Tomlin and he’s not certain to even make the bench ....
Blueman39
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:57 am

Re: Paterson 6'2" . Bacuna 6'2" Bogle 6'3"

Postby Tuna Pasta Bake » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:07 pm

I'm with Nuclear Blue - it will take a giant leap of faith to see is going up ;-)
Tuna Pasta Bake
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:26 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: deadmouse, Google [Bot] and 91 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.