Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GLORY HUNTERS!

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:54 am

HOW EASY WAS IT TODAY TO SPOT THE GLORY HUNTERS. DIDNT HAVE A CLUE WHERE THEIR SEATS WERE AND KEPT MAKING STUPID COMMENTS THINKING THEY WERE WATCHING WALES IN THE SIX NATIONS.HAPPY FOR THEM TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE CLUBS BANK THO. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: GLORY HUNTERS!

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:07 am

And it's stupid comments like yours that will stop them coming back for the next game!

FFS, I don't care if someone's been to one game or a hundred - we're all City.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:15 am

TH63 wrote:And it's stupid comments like yours that will stop them coming back for the next game!

FFS, I don't care if someone's been to one game or a hundred - we're all City.

if you read the post correctly he wasntslagging anybody off, its posts like yours that get on peoples tits. :evil:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:16 am

Maybe they haven't been able to get to the new stadium until today and it was a big day out for them ;)? Glad to see them there. They're not glory supporters, they are just supporting the boys, we need all the extra ticket sales we can get, be friendly and give them a good atmosphere and they will be back if they're new.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:22 am

IM NOT COMPLAINING JUST AN OBSERVATION. I WELCOME THE FUNDS. IT WILL FADE OFF AS THE SEASON GOES. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:39 am

Yeah, haha!

It's nice to see our club coming along though.

I hope they keep it up.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 am

Last season I was in the ninian now season ticket holder in the canton. And yes I still finding my way around to my new seat.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:27 am

"From a small sapling grows a large oak tree",...The roots are down now let's see it develop. Soon it'll be more cool to be a City fan than a plastic. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:33 am

It'#s easy to point out glory hunters.

It's also easy to point out at one point we were getting crowds of 2500.

Which means there is clearly a vast swathe of glory hunters...

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:39 am

nerd wrote:It'#s easy to point out glory hunters.

It's also easy to point out at one point we were getting crowds of 2500.

Which means there is clearly a vast swathe of glory hunters...

EXACTLY :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:27 pm

More the merrier as far as i'm concerned. :ayatollah:

People would have had enough to say if only 15k turned up (and that would have been a very good crowd for us not that long ago dont forget)

Just as long as they dont tell me to sit down, stop singing, stop swearing etc.... ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:57 pm

I noticed quite a few families i hadnt seen before which has got to be a good thing, i just hope they keep going

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:13 pm

keep them coming there can never be too many of us :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:56 pm

i had a woman ask me "what color are cardiff" :lol:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:02 pm

I noticed loads who havent been to the stadium before! but they are all pumping money into the club! :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:11 pm

somebody said' when are we gonna sing the national anthem . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:13 pm

funnily enough - my mate saw his friend from uni there, and asked him ' what brings you here' to which he replied 'bellamy'. All money for the bank tho.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Welcome Glory Hunters!

I hope that our elitist support recognise that you are needed if this club is to move onward and upward, and that everyone at the ground had a 'first time' when they couldn't find their seats, and shouted things that made them look like newbies too.

I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere (it's like that most weeks when we're winning). Enough so, that you think about coming again, bringing along more friends/family too.

Don't forget to swing by the club shop too.

We are all Blooooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds!

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Taffy in London wrote:Welcome Glory Hunters!

I hope that our elitist support recognise that you are needed if this club is to move onward and upward, and that everyone at the ground had a 'first time' when they couldn't find their seats, and shouted things that made them look like newbies too.

I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere (it's like that most weeks when we're winning). Enough so, that you think about coming again, bringing along more friends/family too.

Don't forget to swing by the club shop too.

We are all Blooooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:11 pm

You could say that everyone that started following CCFC when Sam hammam was chairman are glory hunters. I wasnt there yesterday but was one of the 2000 diehards during Durban.

Personally i think its great that we are getting 24000. A little bit miffed that i cant get tickets for every game but thats the joy of being an exile and having 4 kids.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:31 pm

if you look in the middle of PRIDE for long enough, eventually you will see the I.

i loved cardiff since i was a kid, then moved from wales in 1980. always checked the results to see how they were going,
and started going regularly in 2000 again,(Sam Hamman) I'm now a season ticket holder that travels down from London to most home games....... am i a glory hunter, in the die hards eyes.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:52 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:somebody said' when are we gonna sing the national anthem . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did that cardiff blues top fit you :?:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:01 pm

NA DIDNT FIT SO YOU CAN WEAR IT WITH UR SCRUM 5 TROUSERS FOR THE NEXT MATCH. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:23 pm

I have to admit i was one of the people who had no idea were my seat was yesterday,in fact it was a surreal feeling standing outside the ground queing to get in[felt like an away game] and must admit i got some real stick[friendly]from the fans behind me as i could'nt get the fecking machine to scan my ticket anyway i got in and had to ask a stewart were my seat was.It was my third visit to CCS and my first reason for going was to pay my respects to Brian Clark a hero of mine in my favourite City team of the late sixties early seventies although i'd be lying if i was'nt just a little bit excited at seeing Bellamy in a City shirt.Must admit i've gone from season ticket holder to someone who lost the faith after Sam went and after listening to Risdale and Jones telling us in a meeting in a Cardiff hotel that we were going to ground share with the arse tappers[remember the shit we took from them in the bad old days] i just lost interest in going,but never in the results[and i can tell you its a lot harder waitng for score updates than being there]Anyway i loved it yesterday everything was class,the respect given to Clarky,the teams performance and yes even CCS cause although it maybe a bog standard stadium it reminded me of Readingni always liked the Myjetski stadium and so if it don't offend to many of you feckers i will be back on a more regular basis.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:30 pm

EVERY CARDIFF SUPPORTER IS WELCOME ITS JUST A TOPIC TO HAVE A LAUGH ABOUT :ayatollah:
P.S NO RUGBY SHIRTS :lol:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:04 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:EVERY CARDIFF SUPPORTER IS WELCOME ITS JUST A TOPIC TO HAVE A LAUGH ABOUT :ayatollah:
P.S NO RUGBY SHIRTS :lol:

I'll second that ,especially the egg shirts :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Since 64, great post :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:22 pm

I don't mind them except when they don't know where they're sitting so they stand right in front of me and block my view before having a conversation with their mate 7 seats over about how pissed they're getting and showing no interest in the football. I welcome all new fans, but wish they'd get involved more. Obviously the majority did so that's all good.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:23 pm

i have supported the city for a good number of years,,,,,,, today i wore my city polo shirt up the pub, and im thinking , people are thinking im a glory hunter,,,,,,,, yeah, probaly a man ure fan, just cause city got bellamy and city are second in the league you support them :roll:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:25 pm

I think its great to see so many new fans at the ground and I hope they come back.