CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Celtic have crashed out of the Champions League after conceding four times to CFR Cluj of Romania in a frantic game in Glasgow.

Neil Lennon's side were 2-1 behind on aggregate at half-time thanks to Cirpian Deac's header, but seemed to have turned the tie around with goals from James Forrest and Odsonne Edouard.

Billel Omrani's penalty gave Cluj the lead on away goals with 16 minutes left, and although Ryan Christie forced the hosts in front, Omrani and George Tucudean struck to seal Celtic's fate.

It means the Scottish champions now drop into the Europa League play-off round, where they will play Moldovans Sheriff Tiraspol or Stockholm side AIK, with the Swedes having won 2-1 away in the first leg last week.

Celtic reached the last 32 of that competition last season, having been knocked out at the same stage of the Champions League by AEK Athens.
Attachments
Celtic Summer Tour.jpg
Celtic Summer Tour.jpg (61.86 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 16543
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good I despise that Shitty Club.
User avatar
Nuclearblue
 
Posts: 22446
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 am

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 pm

There still in Europe just not the champions league
Llan_Blue
 
Posts: 1605
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby NIBluebird » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:41 pm

:laughing6: :ayatollah: :occasion5: :clap: :clap: :clap: :twisted:
NIBluebird
 
Posts: 5531
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby cf40 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:17 am

f*cking love it, the dirty terrorist loving tramps. F.T.J !!!
cf40
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Jock » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: now close the Paedo harbouring scum down.
Jock
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby cf40 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:29 am

I have a massive dislike of the 6 fingered ones from down west, same with the carrot crunchers, and the cewnty. But the way I feel about that green and white shite trumps it all. When you understand what these terrorist loving, poppy burning, paedo scum are all about I think most will feel the same. F.T.J!!!
cf40
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:05 am

Nuclearblue wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good I despise that Shitty Club.



:thumbright: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 114195
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby nathansfmachine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:32 am

Christ didn't realise we had so many bigots following the City.
nathansfmachine
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby nathansfmachine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:36 am

Llan_Blue wrote:There still in Europe just not the champions league


Just an excuse for some to vent their frustration and bigotry! Yes are quite right they are still in Europe and many Celtic are glad as they want the team to concentrate on 10iar.
nathansfmachine
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Jock » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:29 am

nathansfmachine wrote:Christ didn't realise we had so many bigots following the City.

Must have missed the bigotry, perhaps you can point it out.
Jock
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Blueboys1927 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:07 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Blueboys1927
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:33 am

nathansfmachine wrote:Christ didn't realise we had so many bigots following the City.


bigot
a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.
"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
synonyms: dogmatist, partisan, sectarian
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby cf40 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:53 am

Ok here we go...............please can you tell me if Celtic fans have burned poppies, wave flags of terrorist organisations (IRA, Hamas et al), sing sick songs glorifrying the execution of Lee Rigby, and as a club, turned a blind eye to the molestation of children.
cf40
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby nathansfmachine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:01 pm

cf40 wrote:Ok here we go...............please can you tell me if Celtic fans have burned poppies, wave flags of terrorist organisations (IRA, Hamas et al), sing sick songs glorifrying the execution of Lee Rigby, and as a club, turned a blind eye to the molestation of children.


I won't deny that some so called Celtic fans have committed the actions which you have listed but the vast majority are disgusted by it. I am a Celtic fan and I was livid/saddened to see these people singing about Lee Rigby. In fact I am sure the club banned some of them!

The child abuse has brought shame to what is a great and proud club. Yet this occurred in many clubs and others also brushed it under the table. To be honest I also find points scoring over this to be in terrible taste.
nathansfmachine
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby nathansfmachine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Jock wrote:
nathansfmachine wrote:Christ didn't realise we had so many bigots following the City.

Must have missed the bigotry, perhaps you can point it out.


Piss off Jock you are a bigot and have proven that on this message board for some considerable years. I lived in Scotland for a few years and I realise it's partly not your fault you are just the product of your upbringing/environment.
nathansfmachine
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Ninianman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:55 pm

I watched the 2 legs only because of the Romainian manager used to be great back in the day and tbh I’d never heard of this team
They were the better team in both ties,Celtic needed to progress to get the CL money,think Rangers will run them close this year,prefer Rangers out of the two
Ninianman
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 9:04 am

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby nathansfmachine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Ninianman wrote:I watched the 2 legs only because of the Romainian manager used to be great back in the day and tbh I’d never heard of this team
They were the better team in both ties,Celtic needed to progress to get the CL money,think Rangers will run them close this year,prefer Rangers out of the two


Yeah this should be the closest the title race should be for some time. The Celtic don't seem to be investing what they should seeing as they sold tierney to arsenal for £25 million. The Celtic fans won't forgive them for f*cking up the 10 in a row dream.
nathansfmachine
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Jock » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:17 pm

nathansfmachine wrote:
Jock wrote:
nathansfmachine wrote:Christ didn't realise we had so many bigots following the City.

Must have missed the bigotry, perhaps you can point it out.


Piss off Jock you are a bigot and have proven that on this message board for some considerable years. I lived in Scotland for a few years and I realise it's partly not your fault you are just the product of your upbringing/environment.

Well perhaps you can give me examples of my “bigotry” I hate the Jacks to, so is that bigotry or football rivalry?
Jock
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Stevejonesfrom62 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Yes the nasty bhoys not like the nazi loving fascist saluting billy boys
Stevejonesfrom62
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:37 am

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby bluebird1972 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:13 pm

f*cking brilliant
Big club my arse
User avatar
bluebird1972
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby LlwyncelynBlue » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:36 pm

nathansfmachine wrote:
cf40 wrote:Ok here we go...............please can you tell me if Celtic fans have burned poppies, wave flags of terrorist organisations (IRA, Hamas et al), sing sick songs glorifrying the execution of Lee Rigby, and as a club, turned a blind eye to the molestation of children.


I won't deny that some so called Celtic fans have committed the actions which you have listed but the vast majority are disgusted by it. I am a Celtic fan and I was livid/saddened to see these people singing about Lee Rigby. In fact I am sure the club banned some of them!

The child abuse has brought shame to what is a great and proud club. Yet this occurred in many clubs and others also brushed it under the table. To be honest I also find points scoring over this to be in terrible taste.


Which other clubs have swept child abuse under the table?
And which other clubs have facilitated this type of abuse on the industrial scale that Celtic have?
Many high-profile men at that club from chairmen to managers and players knew what was going on and decided to remain silent to “protect the good name of the football club” to quote a certain Jock Stein.

We’ve recently had Manchester City and Chelsea come out with unreserved apologies for the victims, carrying out full blown and transparent investigations into the actions of the people involved and their attachment to the club. Not that money would matter, but they’ve also set up compensation schemes for the important ones in these circumstances - the victims.

Contrast that with Celtic.

The abuse was carried out at Celtic Boys Club. What do they do? They deny that Celtic Boys Club was anything to do with them, stating that they were a “separate entity” - despite the evidence of the clear links being there since their formation. This has caused further distress and consternation for their victims.

When even more revelations are made, they say that they’ve been carrying out a two-year investigation into this.
If it’s a separate entity, how would you be able to investigate that btw?
Turns out that this investigation is being carried out by their insurers, no doubt as a damage limitation exercise - and probably off their own backs and not Celtic. No names of the “investigators” let alone findings have been divulged. And let’s not forget that they carried out their own internal investigation 30 odd years ago when rumours became rife and found nothing - describing the allegations as “scurrilous”.

Strange then that there have been 6 people connected to the club convicted since then - one of which, Jim Torbett (founder of CBC), was later reemployed after his conviction! They also paid him £1m while he was in prison. Big money now - but more so during the 80s!

So 7 convictions connected to the same club. A former Celtic Boys Club player, Gerry McSherry, gave police names of 14 men at CBC that carried out abuse. One is currently on the run but that leaves another 6 at large ffs!

And then they employ a PR company to manage the bad press that’s coming their way.

All that’s without even touching on their vile support of seemingly any and every terrorist organisation going.

No doubt by stating facts, this makes me a bigot - Celtic fans can’t deal with the truth and revert to name calling and play the victim card.

As for points scoring, let me tell you something. If this went on at my beloved Cardiff City, I’d have nothing more to do with them and want them facing the full weight of the justice system.
LlwyncelynBlue
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:08 am

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby mugsy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:32 pm

Just like Kilmarnock losing over 2 legs to Connahs Quay Nomads this shows that the mighty Celtic ( and Rangers ), wouldnt live in the Premier League - would probably be top half of the Championship.
mugsy
 
Posts: 2435
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Jock » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
nathansfmachine wrote:
cf40 wrote:Ok here we go...............please can you tell me if Celtic fans have burned poppies, wave flags of terrorist organisations (IRA, Hamas et al), sing sick songs glorifrying the execution of Lee Rigby, and as a club, turned a blind eye to the molestation of children.


I won't deny that some so called Celtic fans have committed the actions which you have listed but the vast majority are disgusted by it. I am a Celtic fan and I was livid/saddened to see these people singing about Lee Rigby. In fact I am sure the club banned some of them!

The child abuse has brought shame to what is a great and proud club. Yet this occurred in many clubs and others also brushed it under the table. To be honest I also find points scoring over this to be in terrible taste.


Which other clubs have swept child abuse under the table?
And which other clubs have facilitated this type of abuse on the industrial scale that Celtic have?
Many high-profile men at that club from chairmen to managers and players knew what was going on and decided to remain silent to “protect the good name of the football club” to quote a certain Jock Stein.

We’ve recently had Manchester City and Chelsea come out with unreserved apologies for the victims, carrying out full blown and transparent investigations into the actions of the people involved and their attachment to the club. Not that money would matter, but they’ve also set up compensation schemes for the important ones in these circumstances - the victims.

Contrast that with Celtic.

The abuse was carried out at Celtic Boys Club. What do they do? They deny that Celtic Boys Club was anything to do with them, stating that they were a “separate entity” - despite the evidence of the clear links being there since their formation. This has caused further distress and consternation for their victims.

When even more revelations are made, they say that they’ve been carrying out a two-year investigation into this.
If it’s a separate entity, how would you be able to investigate that btw?
Turns out that this investigation is being carried out by their insurers, no doubt as a damage limitation exercise - and probably off their own backs and not Celtic. No names of the “investigators” let alone findings have been divulged. And let’s not forget that they carried out their own internal investigation 30 odd years ago when rumours became rife and found nothing - describing the allegations as “scurrilous”.

Strange then that there have been 6 people connected to the club convicted since then - one of which, Jim Torbett (founder of CBC), was later reemployed after his conviction! They also paid him £1m while he was in prison. Big money now - but more so during the 80s!

So 7 convictions connected to the same club. A former Celtic Boys Club player, Gerry McSherry, gave police names of 14 men at CBC that carried out abuse. One is currently on the run but that leaves another 6 at large ffs!

And then they employ a PR company to manage the bad press that’s coming their way.

All that’s without even touching on their vile support of seemingly any and every terrorist organisation going.

No doubt by stating facts, this makes me a bigot - Celtic fans can’t deal with the truth and revert to name calling and play the victim card.

As for points scoring, let me tell you something. If this went on at my beloved Cardiff City, I’d have nothing more to do with them and want them facing the full weight of the justice system.


They have attempted to take the moral high ground because Rangers employed a now discredited tax avoidance scheme, all the while the players managers and directors of Celtic were trying to dodge tax with other illegal tax avoidance schemes, their hypocrisy is nauseating and worse of all, all the while they’re attacking Rangers and we’re not talking fans here we’re talking players, managers and directors, they were doing everything possible to underplay the scale of the child abuse they facilitated for decades. There’s direct links to Barry Bennel and even Jimmy Saville. This is child abuse on an industrial scale.
Jock
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Cardiff dyskinesia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:31 am

nathansfmachine wrote:Christ didn't realise we had so many bigots following the City.


Selected bigotry at that. I can’t stand either of the hate filled Glasgow big 2. They both shame Scotland
Cardiff dyskinesia
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby goats » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:29 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
nathansfmachine wrote:Christ didn't realise we had so many bigots following the City.


Selected bigotry at that. I can’t stand either of the hate filled Glasgow big 2. They both shame Scotland


Strange one, I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Glasgow and it’s an unbelievably friendly city. People just chat to you in shops and stuff, always really polite. Complete opposite of Cardiff where no one starts speaking to strangers, people think there is something up if they do :lol:
But when it comes to football it goes titsup, only a minority probably but the religious guff that both clubs have attached themselves to is a right shame. In fact many normal non football people can’t be arsed with it because of The bigotry.
User avatar
goats
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby cf40 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Can someone please tell me where I have said that I am a Rangers fan???? I may well be a Clydebank fan from the good old days at Kilbowie Park as far as you Herbert's know. Just because I detest Celtic doesn't automatically make me a teddy bear does it?????. Or maybe it does...… "Rule Brittania….." blah, bah, blah. F.T.J!!!
cf40
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby cf40 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Oh, and another thing.... hell of a post last night JB. Loved it. F.T.J!!!
cf40
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: CELTIC CRASH OUT OF EUROPE

Postby Jock » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:31 pm

cf40 wrote:Can someone please tell me where I have said that I am a Rangers fan???? I may well be a Clydebank fan from the good old days at Kilbowie Park as far as you Herbert's know. Just because I detest Celtic doesn't automatically make me a teddy bear does it?????. Or maybe it does...… "Rule Brittania….." blah, bah, blah. F.T.J!!!

It’s not about religion, Scotland probably doesn’t have anymore religious people than Wales. It’s tribal and at times absurd but not really sectarian or bigoted. People confuse football rivalry with bigotry.
Jock
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:37 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluebird-City, deadmouse and 103 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.