Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS THE GREATEST AND BIGGEST TROPHY

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:41 pm

For a Club Side in the World NOW DYING TO DEATH ?
I still Love the FA CUP and Look forward to it Every year but Crowds are less every year WHY?

Re: IS THE GREATEST AND BIGGEST TROPHY

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:48 pm

For me its the desire to finish in the top 4 in the Premiership and stay in it.

For most fans i believe it is still the no. 1 competition, but with ticket prices so high something has to give until the later rounds. For Premiership sides who wants to see a league 1 or 2 side.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Got to be a few reasons Annis.

Cash, bigger clubs not taking the early rounds seriously to name but two.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:28 pm

season tickets are not included in cup games. Nothing new but season tickets are very expensive, and are normally paid for monthly.

Highlights and TV coverage is saturated

Too many foreigners with no passion play in the competition.

Third round is too close to Xmas.

Champions League is the priority due to the financial gains.

Gate receipts are split 45%, which only really benefits lower clubs.

Top teams play weakended teams, giving the average fan the perception that the competition is under-valued.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Middlesbrough v Man City today, Man City took 8000 fans, and there gate was about 14,000 thatt says everything.

Middlesbrough took 6,000 to a top premiership with world class players

Wigan V Hull gate of 5,000

f*cking TERRIBLE.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:50 pm

Annis it was a great competition i used to love FA cup day when i was young it was coverage all day on t.v. it was a great occassion. Unfortunatly with all the money on offer in premiership this is now prioty for all clubs as every place u finish in the league gets you more money, more than winning fa cup. Very sad to see it's demise the FA need to take some blame when they allowed Man U to withdraw a few years this really devalued the competition

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Ive got a feeling its going to start going the same way as the carling cup with the "big 4" playing all their youngsters