Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fellow neighbours?

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:55 am

Vaughny72 wrote:Jacksensealot. Are you Mr Logic from Viz?

No, but I certainly believe sense and logic is far more useful than emotional nonsense - if that's what you are asking.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:03 am

I personally would never consider going on a Swansea town foroum and constantly get into arguments on several topics no matter what the subject is I just wonder how your mind works pretty weird behaviour :?:

Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:04 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:I personally would never consider going on a Swansea town foroum and constantly get into arguments on several topics no matter what the subject is I just wonder how your mind works pretty weird behaviour :?:

Arguments? I am not arguing, I'm discussing football. Not at all strange behavior on a football forum. :roll:

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:21 am

Most JB’s I’ve spoken to are more worried that Cardiff will do the double this year.
But it’s mad when forgotten players like Ayew turn up out of the blue,I think the JB’s will finish around 8th

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:49 am

Proud Jack wrote:Do you honestly think you can finish above us this season?

Keeping Ayew could be a complete game changer for you. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you in the top 6 which is pretty much the extent of my hopes for the City. I doubt there'll be much in it at the end.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:52 am

epping blue wrote:

Keeping Ayew could be a complete game changer for you. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you in the top 6 which is pretty much the extent of my hopes for the City. I doubt there'll be much in it at the end.

A player who as not started in about 13mnths upto other night in cup! mind you they probably class him as a new signing? :laughing6:

Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am

pembroke allan wrote:
epping blue wrote:

A player who as not started in about 13mnths upto other night in cup! mind you they probably class him as a new signing? :laughing6:

Started? You mean for us? Because you obviously realise he can’t start for us when he plays for someone else.

He played for Fenerbahce last season and started most of their games, including their European campaign. After that he captained Ghana to top their group and lead them to the knockout stages of the African Nations Cup.

So he’s started many games over the last year, in short.. :D

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:37 am

epping blue wrote:

Yesterday’s match was a prime example of the quality on offer from both Borja and Ayew. They are a different level to anything in this league. My only hope is that we can keep them beyond the various loan windows etc due to close soon. They cost almost 35m between them and to be completely honest here, it shows at this level. It was like sticking two men into a kids match.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:47 am

JackSensealot wrote:
epping blue wrote:

Yesterday’s match was a prime example of the quality on offer from both Borja and Ayew. They are a different level to anything in this league. My only hope is that we can keep them beyond the various loan windows etc due to close soon. They cost almost 35m between them and to be completely honest here, it shows at this level. It was like sticking two men into a kids match.

Someone’s gone OTT

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:06 am

One thing you will learn about me is that I am probably the most level headed football fan you will talk to. I don’t do “OTT”, I say everything as I see it whether that be perceived as positive or negative to the team I support. This level headed logical thinking is exactly what seems to rile everyone, oddly.

Who would you say has better pedigree than Andre Ayew and Borja Baston in this league then? They were both marquee Premier League signings for us, each one breaking our transfer record Borja signed from Atletico Madrid for £15.5m and Andre Ayew signed from West Ham for £18m.

I think it’s fair to say they are on a different level to your usual run of the mill Championship players, and when you see them on the same pitch as Championship players then that is quite evident.

Pablo Hernandez for Leeds is up there, but at 34 years old is very much in the twilight of his career.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:11 am

A quick count up says between them they have 93 top level goals between them (I counted La Liga, Premier League and Ligue 1). A couple may have been in some cups but the obvious bulk will be league goals.

I don’t think any other club in the Championship can boast 2 players, supposedly in their prime, with almost a century of top flight goals between them from the main top leagues in Europe.

Can you think of any? If you can then I stand corrected.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:02 am

JackSensealot wrote:One thing you will learn about me is that I am probably the most level headed football fan you will talk to. I don’t do “OTT”, I say everything as I see it whether that be perceived as positive or negative to the team I support. This level headed logical thinking is exactly what seems to rile everyone, oddly.

Who would you say has better pedigree than Andre Ayew and Borja Baston in this league then? They were both marquee Premier League signings for us, each one breaking our transfer record Borja signed from Atletico Madrid for £15.5m and Andre Ayew signed from West Ham for £18m.

I think it’s fair to say they are on a different level to your usual run of the mill Championship players, and when you see them on the same pitch as Championship players then that is quite evident.

Pablo Hernandez for Leeds is up there, but at 34 years old is very much in the twilight of his career.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:20 am

JackSensealot wrote:One thing you will learn about me is that I am probably the most level headed football fan you will talk to. I don’t do “OTT”, I say everything as I see it whether that be perceived as positive or negative to the team I support. This level headed logical thinking is exactly what seems to rile everyone, oddly.

Ayew must be about 34-35 though as I recently read that African players ages are seldom correct due to age fraud in African football.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:49 am

RV Casual wrote:
Ayew must be about 34-35 though as I recently read that African players ages are seldom correct due to age fraud in African football.

It's common, absolutely. Widely documented and factually accepted, no getting away from it.

However not in the Ayew brother's case as his father is Abedi Pele, one of Marseille's most famous players (I saw his footprints cast in stone when I visited Monte Carlo). He was playing for Marseille when Jordan and Andre were born, they were both born into money and of course it was well known when one of the greatest African players of all time had children.

Age fraud is common among poor families in West and Central African countries where corruption is a daily way of life. They are able to pay for their own doctored birth certificate and attract top European clubs interest by playing in tournaments well below their age group, standing out a mile. This also allows them to earn more in the game for their families for longer as well as increase the profile of that country.

These are pretty easy to spot as they suffer physical declines (pace, strength, reactions, agility etc) associated with age when they should be at their peak. :thumbright:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 am

JackSensealot wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:I personally would never consider going on a Swansea town foroum and constantly get into arguments on several topics no matter what the subject is I just wonder how your mind works pretty weird behaviour :?:

Arguments? I am not arguing, I'm discussing football. Not at all strange behavior on a football forum. :roll:

No, you're starting arguments, you're just more subtle about,passing it off as "discussing football" you're just a loser on a rivals forum looking for conflict

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:15 am

f**k me you're such a deluded, pretentious dick

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:25 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:No, you're starting arguments, you're just more subtle about,passing it off as "discussing football" you're just a loser on a rivals forum looking for conflict

How am I starting arguments? Can you point to anything? You seem to be just frustrated that my points are solid to be honest.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:27 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:f**k me you're such a deluded, pretentious dick

I am deluded by saying a £33m marquee Premier League strike-force (on around 60k a week each) are a cut above run of the mill Championship players? That sounds like you are just being silly.

Again I think you are just annoyed my points are solid and common sense, because the conclusion isn't what you want to face and doesn't fit the illogical narrative on here of late regarding us.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 am

JackSensealot wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:f**k me you're such a deluded, pretentious dick

I am deluded by saying a £33m marquee Premier League strike-force is a cur above run of the mill Championship players? That sounds like you are just being silly.

Again I think you are just annoyed my points are solid and common sense, because the conclusion isn't what you want to face.

You actually believe the shit you type? :lol: you're seriously deluded and at the end of the day you're still a pathetic little man that spend their entire day on a rivals forum and whats even worse Roathie you keep making other accounts to try and back up your other ones :lol: :lol: you're the definition of pathetic

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:35 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:You actually believe the shit you type? :lol: you're seriously deluded and at the end of the day you're still a pathetic little man that spend their entire day on a rivals forum and whats even worse Roathie you keep making other accounts to try and back up your other ones :lol: :lol: you're the definition of pathetic

Nothing to do with believing anything, it's fact.

Ayew 18m - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... t-Ham.html

Borja 15.5m - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... aston.html

As for creating accounts to back myself up, can you point me to any? Because I have never ever done that and never ever would. As you can see I hold more than my own. I assume you are just being silly again for whatever reason. Annis can confirm if you feel insecure about it? Feel free to PM him. Cheers :thumbright:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:42 am

JackSensealot wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:You actually believe the shit you type? :lol: you're seriously deluded and at the end of the day you're still a pathetic little man that spend their entire day on a rivals forum and whats even worse Roathie you keep making other accounts to try and back up your other ones :lol: :lol: you're the definition of pathetic

Nothing to do with believing anything, it's fact.

Ayew 18m - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... t-Ham.html

Borja 15.5m - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... aston.html

As for creating accounts to back myself up, can you point me to any? Because I have never ever done that and never ever would. As you can see I hold more than my own. I assume you are just being silly again for whatever reason. Annis can confirm if you feel insecure about it? Feel free to PM him. Cheers :thumbright:

The more you comment the more you reinforce everyone's opinion on how pathetic you are,everyone knows what you do Roathie, you seriously need a life dude, try getting off this forum for a day, step out of your caravan and go for a walk and get some fresh air and contemplate on how pathetic your life is

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:46 am

Now you are just ranting, 1990.

I can only assume you agree then, as you clearly have no sensible counter response to the points I am making and instead prefer to go on an emotional rant about whatever nonsense you are conjuring up. :D

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:41 am

JackSensealot wrote:

No, but I certainly believe sense and logic is far more useful than emotional nonsense - if that's what you are asking.

You should change your username to Cardiff city obsession a lot

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:45 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:

I'm not talking about Cardiff City :?

But thanks for the suggestion.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:55 am

JackSensealot wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:

Sense and logic are subjective to the individual...

You keep talking about pedigree but Baston has scored 7 goals in the last 2 seasons for Malaga and Alaves. In the last 3 (+ the start of this season) he has scored 11. His goals have cost you 3,750,000 each so far.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:19 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Sense and logic are subjective to the individual...

You keep talking about pedigree but Baston has scored 7 goals in the last 2 seasons for Malaga and Alaves. In the last 3 (+ the start of this season) he has scored 11. His goals have cost you 3,750,000 each so far.

Not really, it's usually pretty universal.

Baston has 88 goals in 253 games at second tier or above level. That is an excellent strike rate.

3 in 3 this season and clearly a standout player.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:20 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:

You are almost permanently on a Cardiff city message board you are obsessed you weirdo get help

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:20 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:
JackSensealot wrote:

You are almost permanently on a Cardiff city message board you are obsessed you weirdo get help

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:22 pm

Stop being so emotional. You are playing and instead of cheering on your team you are ranting at me for talking sense.

By ''almost permanently'', you mean not permanently then?

So you have got frustrated that I have made fair points you don't want to face, so thrown your toys out of the pram and told me I am not permanently on here.

Cheers for that :D

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:10 pm

JackSensealot wrote:Stop being so emotional. You are playing and instead of cheering on your team you are ranting at me for talking sense.

By ''almost permanently'', you mean not permanently then?

So you have got frustrated that I have made fair points you don't want to face, so thrown your toys out of the pram and told me I am not permanently on here.

Cheers for that :D

You can not be permanently on here as you have to eat sleep and allow some time hanging out the back of your sister I should have said all your free time :roll: