Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fellow neighbours?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:21 pm

So I was right then, as I said.

Now then. Back to the topic which was you finishing above us with ease wasn’t it?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:58 pm

JackSensealot wrote:So I was right then, as I said.

Now then. Back to the topic which was you finishing above us with ease wasn’t it?

Bit early to be cocky about it mate.
Please don’t retort “Explain where I’m being cocky”. :roll:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

...and there’s a thread (4th down) on Cardiff on the Swansea forum ( it’s planet swans if you’ve never been on there). Just mentioning as you’ve said in the past that we are not discussed on that site.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:30 pm

Wouldn’t waste your time mate, all you’re doing is feeding an ego. You will never be right, and he will never be boring.

It’s the usual cycle. Talk about yourself, and finish with ‘ let’s get back to the thread’.
It’s called conversational narcissism..

Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:08 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Wouldn’t waste your time mate, all you’re doing is feeding an ego. You will never be right, and he will never be boring.

It’s the usual cycle. Talk about yourself, and finish with ‘ let’s get back to the thread’.

:lol: :thumbup:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:22 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Wouldn’t waste your time mate, all you’re doing is feeding an ego. You will never be right, and he will never be boring.

No matter how one tries to hide who you are they cannot hide the MO it always comes out at some point especially the look at me I'm so educated I'm always right and I know
best.... :laughing5:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:27 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’m not being cocky, it was a response to 1990, nothing else. I was right regarding my point that he has no comeback to my football point so is deciding to get all emotional and ranty.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:29 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

...and there’s a thread (4th down) on Cardiff on the Swansea forum ( it’s planet swans if you’ve never been on there). Just mentioning as you’ve said in the past that we are not discussed on that site.

No I haven’t. I said quite factually that you haven’t been discussed.

You were the only championship match on Sky. I would imagine there would be a fair few threads now we are in the same league. What I said was you were barely mentioned in the past and Swansea are discussed here more than Cardiff are discussed there, it’s just true.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

No matter how one tries to hide who you are they cannot hide the MO it always comes out at some point especially the look at me I'm so educated I'm always right and I know

I am not hiding anything. I am happy for you to think I am anyone you like.

What I am talking about here is football, not myself. The only people who wish to take the topic away from football and on to personal matters is the ones that cannot counter my footballing points.

Can you point me to a post where I talk about myself?

Thanks

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 am

Vaughny72 wrote:Jacksensealot. Are you Mr Logic from Viz?

Hmmm! have you load of tossers looked at the league table lately. :o :D :D

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:52 am

Jackflash wrote:

Early days nothing has settled yet and we've had two away games, let's see where we both are after Christmas ;)

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 am

Jackflash wrote:

Enjoy it if you like.
Now trot off to Planet Swams. I’ll give you the link if you’ve never been on there.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:12 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:By about 25 points

Some of these comments could be interesting.

It’s always better to remain level headed and sensible.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:34 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
Plymuff Bloobird wrote:By about 25 points

Some of these comments could be interesting.

It’s always better to remain level headed and sensible.

Subtle floating at its best...what ever you come back with. A long way to go yet mate but tbf you’re doing better than I thought.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49 pm

Not at all, I think it’s important that this forum is able to talk about sensible topics and discuss their actual thoughts.

The more times this posturing is called out the more people see it as obsolete and pointless and the less attention paid to it, to the point we can have sensible discussion without slanging matches because someone has said something true that people don’t particularly want to hear.

When this forum drops it’s bravado towards Swansea, some of the content is excellent.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:17 pm

to the orignal poster, seeing as others are just taking the mick, i will give an honest answer, i dont know, i really dont, i feel if you finish above us, you have won promotion, (i dont mean that i think we'll finish 3rd) the start of the season, you look dangerous, and a fast free flowing team like always, although you've lost alot of key players you seem to have a nack for signing exactly what is needed. i.e you needed a quick number 9, and you got that french lad i believe who seems a quick number 9. where as us on the other hand, NW seems to have thrown money at anyone who was willing to come here, we play slow route one football, and unless we win, it will cause huge dissent amongst the fans. i feel if you keep Baston, and Ayew, and remain lucky regarding injuries this season you have every chance of getting the play offs. if however injuries hit you bad and you lose those two, you might have a slip around the winter period where the games seem to be almost every other day.

honestly though this is the championship, its the most unpredictable league, and leeds could finish mid table, and stoke could pull a run together and win the league. so its anyones guess

Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:30 pm

JackSensealot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I am not hiding anything. I am happy for you to think I am anyone you like.

What I am talking about here is football, not myself. The only people who wish to take the topic away from football and on to personal matters is the ones that cannot counter my footballing points.

Can you point me to a post where I talk about myself?

Thanks

'One thing you will learn about me is that I am probably the most level headed football fan you will talk to. I don’t do “OTT”, I say everything as I see it whether that be perceived as positive or negative to the team I support. This level headed logical thinking is exactly what seems to rile everyone, oddly.' - Taken from this thread you absolute numpty. You're probably one of the most boring football fans, I will give you that. At least other rival fans come on this forum with a bit of banter.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:10 pm

JackSensealot wrote:Not at all, I think it’s important that this forum is able to talk about sensible topics and discuss their actual thoughts.

The more times this posturing is called out the more people see it as obsolete and pointless and the less attention paid to it, to the point we can have sensible discussion without slanging matches because someone has said something true that people don’t particularly want to hear.

When this forum drops it’s bravado towards Swansea, some of the content is excellent.

Sorry your intellectual ability is far to much for us mear football fans and judging by your terminology and condescending language towards fans on here (I am always right and look how clever I am) it can only mean one thing ? Our friend from the dungeon making a comeback. :thumbup:

Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:17 pm

Each one was in response to a personal dig at something non football related. Talking about myself and responding to posts about myself are very different. I will always talk football, but of course it is only natural to respond in kind when the discussion moved away from that.

Onto your non footballing post. Absolutely agree, you won’t get any banter from me. The whole “you are rubbish”, “no we aren’t, you are” stuff - bores me to tears. It’s meaningless dribble of little consequence. My posts will be thoughtful, football related, honest and concise. Sorry to disappoint, I’m afraid I can’t dumb my posts down to cater for a certain section of the audience.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:20 pm

bluebird04 wrote:to the orignal poster, seeing as others are just taking the mick, i will give an honest answer, i dont know, i really dont, i feel if you finish above us, you have won promotion, (i dont mean that i think we'll finish 3rd) the start of the season, you look dangerous, and a fast free flowing team like always, although you've lost alot of key players you seem to have a nack for signing exactly what is needed. i.e you needed a quick number 9, and you got that french lad i believe who seems a quick number 9. where as us on the other hand, NW seems to have thrown money at anyone who was willing to come here, we play slow route one football, and unless we win, it will cause huge dissent amongst the fans. i feel if you keep Baston, and Ayew, and remain lucky regarding injuries this season you have every chance of getting the play offs. if however injuries hit you bad and you lose those two, you might have a slip around the winter period where the games seem to be almost every other day.

honestly though this is the championship, its the most unpredictable league, and leeds could finish mid table, and stoke could pull a run together and win the league. so its anyones guess

Good post.

French guy is Kalulu, more of a forward than a number 9. Yes he is quick but has done very little to impress me thus far. Ayew, Borja and Celina have been electric and are all clearly far too good for the Championship.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:11 pm

JackSensealot wrote:Not at all, I think it’s important that this forum is able to talk about sensible topics and discuss their actual thoughts.

It’s what rivalry is all about mate - good old fashioned banter. I make good points though.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:50 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

It’s what rivalry is all about mate - good old fashioned banter. I make good points though.

Banter is one thing. Pointless abuse and silliness is another. You can post honestly and still have a bit of fun banter.

But this isn’t aimed at you at all, you seem one of the better ones.