Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Straight choice Brexit or Corbyn as PM and Abbott and his deputy ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: BREXIT V CORBYN POLL

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:03 pm

How odd.. 15 people have voted for Diane Abbot..care in the community is failing us.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:05 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:CCFCJOSH - Go on twitter, there's a video clip of all prominent remain/brexit campaigners saying that WTO no-deal Brexit could happen if we left. All saying this on national television. Find a new mistruth to pedal.

I've typed in no deal 2016 on twitter and it's full of people saying how we'd have a deal.
Boris Johnson 'There is no plan for no deal, because we are going to get a great deal'
Vote leaves Dan hannan ' but to repeat, absolutely no one is threatening our place in the single market'
Farage said about having a Norway type deal.
Was that all project unicorn?
You can also see Google trends and literally no one googled no deal brexit until 2017
Edit: Just seen the video, I'll just brand it project fear.

There was/is no plan for no-deal but it was a possibility that was openly discussed by prominent campaigners. Your beloved E.U. has driven us down this route by insisting on the N.I. back stop. Even though the Republican of Ireland, The E.U. and Number 10 have all said they wouldn't impose a hard border on Ireland. So why the back stop? It's a mechanism invented by the E.U. to keep us over a barrel. Boris is absolutely correct in his decision to walk away.

How would you sort out a border then?

Lol...I just said the border is a non issue invented by Ireland and the E.U.

As a side issue, you seem like a Social Justice Warrior type, power to the people, smash the cosy elites etc.
Why are you not on here raving about a blatant refusal by main stream media to discuss over 40 weeks of civil unrest in E.U. France. People are dying, yet the BBC are very quiet. Has Corbyn even mentioned it?

I'll quickly caveat by saying that I don't watch BBC news so I don't know what they're saying but there's events happening all over the world (e.g. Hong Kong, Afghanistan, Syria etc) which should also be talked about and with only a limited time for foreign events, unless a major incident happens in France then they probably won't mention it (same as they don't mention every shooting in America)
Genuine question, has any news worthy event happened in these French protests in the last week?

It's quiet across all media outlets not just the BBC.
Hong Kong has recieved far more air time in a week than prolonged civil unrest in E.U. France.
Guy Verhofstadt MEP and Brexit Co ordinator for The Paliament has tweeted about Hong Kong protests numerous times. Yet nothing about France. This Guy epitomises what the E.U. has become, we must leave and restore democracy.
In France there's been numerous deaths, life changing injuries, 100s hospitalised and you ask if anything news worthy has happened?
This is where you lose credibility in view. Why can't the criticise the pro remain media or the E.U.?
You'd rather side with Goldman Sachs than Tony Benn.

So the EU is undemocratic because one member hasn't tweeted about it? Do all our MPs have to tweet about it for us to become democratic?
I asked if anything news worthy has happened in the past week, surely for something to make the news of a different country then something has to have happened in the recent past.
I can criticise anyone I want, I'm not going to criticise an entire organisation because one person hasn't tweeted about something.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:09 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:CCFCJOSH - Go on twitter, there's a video clip of all prominent remain/brexit campaigners saying that WTO no-deal Brexit could happen if we left. All saying this on national television. Find a new mistruth to pedal.

I've typed in no deal 2016 on twitter and it's full of people saying how we'd have a deal.
Boris Johnson 'There is no plan for no deal, because we are going to get a great deal'
Vote leaves Dan hannan ' but to repeat, absolutely no one is threatening our place in the single market'
You can also see Google trends and literally no one googled no deal brexit until 2017

There was/is no plan for no-deal but it was a possibility that was openly discussed by prominent campaigners. Your beloved E.U. has driven us down this route by insisting on the N.I. back stop. Even though the Republican of Ireland, The E.U. and Number 10 have all said they wouldn't impose a hard border on Ireland. So why the back stop? It's a mechanism invented by the E.U. to keep us over a barrel. Boris is absolutely correct in his decision to walk away.

As a side issue, you seem like a Social Justice Warrior type, power to the people, smash the cosy elites etc.
Why are you not on here raving about a blatant refusal by main stream media to discuss over 40 weeks of civil unrest in E.U. France. People are dying, yet the BBC are very quiet. Has Corbyn even mentioned it?

I'll quickly caveat by saying that I don't watch BBC news so I don't know what they're saying but there's events happening all over the world (e.g. Hong Kong, Afghanistan, Syria etc) which should also be talked about and with only a limited time for foreign events, unless a major incident happens in France then they probably won't mention it (same as they don't mention every shooting in America)
Genuine question, has any news worthy event happened in these French protests in the last week?

Hong Kong has recieved far more air time in a week than prolonged civil unrest in E.U. France.
Guy Verhofstadt MEP and Brexit Co ordinator for The Paliament has tweeted about Hong Kong protests numerous times. Yet nothing about France. This Guy epitomises what the E.U. has become, we must leave and restore democracy.
In France there's been numerous deaths, life changing injuries, 100s hospitalised and you ask if anything news worthy has happened?
This is where you lose credibility in view. Why can't the criticise the pro remain media or the E.U.?

So the EU is undemocratic because one member hasn't tweeted about it? Do all our MPs have to tweet about it for us to become democratic?
I asked if anything news worthy has happened in the past week, surely for something to make the news of a different country then something has to have happened in the recent past.
I can criticise anyone I want, I'm not going to criticise an entire organisation because one person hasn't tweeted about something.

So he EUis Democratic? Must have missed the election of Tusk, Barnier, Junkers, Verohstadt and Selmer. I don’t like them when’s the next vote.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CF3BLUE wrote:1 - Corbyn is in favour of LEAVE, he always have been. Why are you differentiating?

2 - Why do so many people who would directly benefit from labour policies (working people) aggressively oppose Corbyn's leadership?

Stop reading The Daily Mail. Look at the policy. Ignore the aesthetic.

I'm not sure what JC's position is on Europe and no-one else is either. He is thick as shit has never had a real job, failed his A levels with F grades and nearly went personally bankrupt. The man is an idiot and I simply cannot bring myself to trust the guy.

He has 2 A levels and previously worked as a journalist. I’m all for free speech, but criticise accurately

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:24 pm

BlueGog wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
stickywicket wrote:England would vote for a Brexit from Wales Scotland and N.I

Yes please England, go for it!

Bluegog desperate for Wales to achieve Albanian status..

Yeah, go England..

Albania status? No I don't think so. Open your eyes!!

So what xactly is that, are you saying the average Welshman is wealthier than the average Swiss or Luxembourger? If it’s not a per capita figure it’s meaningless.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:26 pm

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

So he EUis Democratic? Must have missed the election of Tusk, Barnier, Junkers, Verohstadt and Selmer. I don’t like them when’s the next vote.

You have more say on them people than you do for the house of lords.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:31 pm

swilsh wrote:
The reason we are leaving with No Deal is down to May and Co. If the EU weren’t so terrified of us leaving and rather than punish us as a deterrent to others, negotiated a deal that would benefit the U.K. and the remaining 27 we wouldn’t be in this position. People talk about tariffs but nobody ever mentions the ones the EU imposes on non EU countries, particularly third world countries, African agricultural products are subject to 300% tariffs.
The French guy running the Port of Calais said there’s absolutely no reason for delays. Most of it is project fear, like that piece of shite Adonis claiming the chaos at Gatwick, caused by drones, is what every U.K. airport will be like post Brexit.

This is nonsense.

Firstly on African agricultural goods - Because of Generalised Scheme of Preferences (GSP) and Generalized Scheme of Preferences Plus (GSP+) most African countries aren’t subject to the majority of agricultural tariffs. This is a myth made up by Brexiteers to make their position seem benevolent. Info here- https://fullfact.org/europe/out-africa- ... n-exports/

Secondly the french guy doesn't get to choose EU law. The UK Government is preparing, for a no deal scenario but the simple fact of adding trade friction between us and the EU will lead to delays. We will be classed as a "third country" in EU law if we leave with No Deal, and will have to comply with the new checks at the border that will require. Unfortunately the french guy running the port of calais doesn't get to choose that, but he is (rightly) concerned about the competition that will be created through other trade channels becoming comparatively attractive as a result of Calais delays.

Thirdly, the EU doesn't want us to leave with no deal, of course not it will be incredibly damaging for them as well.

Fourthly, under WTO rules, any tariffs we impose, in the absence of a trade deal, will have to be the exact same for all other countries! Why would you willingly put yourself in that position?

The EU subsidises farmers income by approximately a third, it imposes high tariffs on things like refined sugar or processed coffee, consequently Africa is flooded with surplus EU agricultural products to the detriment of African Farmers. You can quote Pro Eu sites like fullfact or the BBC but bottom line is this, if you think the EU treat Africa fairly you’re a moon unit.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:48 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Which should be closed down, nice deflection btw, now why not answer the simple question I posed.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Hes Googled a 3yr old article slightly behind what's happend since or he's just living in past? :laughing6:

Ironically the same time as the referendum, which is also slightly behind what’s happened since

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Leavers, we are not alone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sapAigY1les

Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Everyone seems to think England and Wales is 2 countries. It's not google current World cup cricket champions. It should say England and Wales despite what the papers may think.

Great Britain consists of 2 countries. 1 is Scotland, the other is England and Wales. The UK consists of Great Britain (see previous sentence), and Northern Ireland.

The British Isles consist of The UK and other island such as Isle of Man, Channel Islands, and Ireland (all of it).

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm

No deal Brexit all day long

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:So he EUis Democratic? Must have missed the election of Tusk, Barnier, Junkers, Verohstadt and Selmer. I don’t like them when’s the next vote.

Which should be closed down, nice deflection btw, now why not answer the simple question I posed.

https://youtu.be/-oTEiBRJf_8
Basically you vote for someone to be an MEP and then they vote on accepting or rejecting the presidential candidate. Similar to how we vote for MPs and then they vote on laws.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Corbyn playing clever.
If no deal goes tits up,
He'll say not me Gov blame The Lib Dems

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:06 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:So he EUis Democratic? Must have missed the election of Tusk, Barnier, Junkers, Verohstadt and Selmer. I don’t like them when’s the next vote.

https://youtu.be/-oTEiBRJf_8
Basically you vote for someone to be an MEP and then they vote on accepting or rejecting the presidential candidate. Similar to how we vote for MPs and then they vote on laws.[/q :thumbright: uote]

We vote for mep and they vote for whoever they fancy like junkers We didnt have say in junkers appointment did we? We vote for MPs to represent us in parliament its parliament that make laws. How is it similar your analogy?

Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:47 pm

"The EU is a threat to internet freedom. Now it wants to have EU-wide laws on online hate speech and ‘harmful’ content. We cannot let Brussels set limits on free speech"
SpikedOnline.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:28 pm

LOL at FullFact having EU bias. It is independently verified. The tinfoil hat suits you Jock.

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:55 pm

ElyBoy1984 wrote:We're turning into a banana republic.

Very true. One positive though is if we so get out of the EU at least we'll be able to go back to being a bendy banana republic should we choose :D

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:55 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
ElyBoy1984 wrote:We're turning into a banana republic.

Very true. One positive though is if we so get out of the EU at least we'll be able to go back to being a bendy banana republic should we choose :D

Lolz

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Shows what a tw*t Corbyn is? Hes saying if doesn't get his way at being temp PM he will make a law using Scottish parliament as a means to stop no deal? And people want him as a PM? :roll:

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Shows what a tw*t Corbyn is? Hes saying if doesn't get his way at being temp PM he will make a law using Scottish parliament as a means to stop no deal? And people want him as a PM? :roll:

Which law is corbyn going to make using Scottish parliament pal? I've seen his plans to become temp PM but not sure what you're referring to here

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:27 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Shows what a tw*t Corbyn is? Hes saying if doesn't get his way at being temp PM he will make a law using Scottish parliament as a means to stop no deal? And people want him as a PM? :roll:

Which law is corbyn going to make using Scottish parliament pal? I've seen his plans to become temp PM but not sure what you're referring to here

Probably same kind used by remainers to make parliament sit every week using northern Ireland bill ? doesn't say what but news article just says he and sturgeon looking at bringing in a law to delay article 50? Must assume it concerns Scots parliament as they are doing similar through Scots courts? iSaid earlier remainers using every underhand trick to stop democratic vote of the people!

Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:29 am

pembroke allan wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:

Probably same kind used by remainers to make parliament sit every week using northern Ireland bill ? doesn't say what but news article just says he and sturgeon looking at bringing in a law to delay article 50? Must assume it concerns Scots parliament as they are doing similar through Scots courts? iSaid earlier remainers using every underhand trick to stop democratic vote of the people!

Jeremy Corbyn is "open to" using legislation to prevent a no-deal Brexit if his plan to overthrow the government in a vote of no confidence fails, the BBC has learned.The Labour leader is understood to have had a discussion with the SNP on Friday over passing a law to extend Article 50, which would delay leaving the EU.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:52 am

swilsh wrote:LOL at FullFact having EU bias. It is independently verified. The tinfoil hat suits you Jock.

Cheers mate I like to look smart.

Fullfact is funded by remainers......and that’s a full fact

Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:43 am

Full Fact doesn't back up my unsubstantiated claims. The only reasonable explanation is that it is part of a conspiracy to make me look like a fool.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:52 am

There needs be be a conspiracy for that?

Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:56 am

rumpo kid wrote:There needs be be a conspiracy for that?

Mmmmm more conspiracy theories than guy fawkes, moon landing, and area 51 combined? :laughing6:

Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:59 am

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
CF3BLUE wrote:1 - Corbyn is in favour of LEAVE, he always have been. Why are you differentiating?

2 - Why do so many people who would directly benefit from labour policies (working people) aggressively oppose Corbyn's leadership?

I'm not sure what JC's position is on Europe and no-one else is either. He is thick as shit has never had a real job, failed his A levels with F grades and nearly went personally bankrupt. The man is an idiot and I simply cannot bring myself to trust the guy.

He has 2 A levels and previously worked as a journalist. I’m all for free speech, but criticise accurately

So you lecture me on posting accurately?

I was wrong JC got two A levels both E grades, which is hardly anything to write home about. :roll: He spent TWO MONTHS working for the Newport and Market Drayton Advertiser in Shropshire after leaving school which hardly makes him a journalist :roll: Can you honestly state your reply was more accurate than mine :?

The rest of his working life has been far from mainstream such as working as an official for the National Union of Tailors and Garment Workers or a Councillor for South Hornsey ward on Haringey Council. Sorry but I stick to my point he has never had a proper job which makes him qualified to speak for working class people. :D

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:03 pm

I was wrong JC got two A levels both E grades, which is hardly anything to write home about. :roll: He spent TWO MONTHS working for the Newport and Market Drayton Advertiser in Shropshire after leaving school which hardly makes him a journalist :roll: Can you honestly state your reply was more accurate than mine :?

The rest of his working life has been far from mainstream such as working as an official for the National Union of Tailors and Garment Workers or a Councillor for South Hornsey ward on Haringey Council. Sorry but I stick to my point he has never had a proper job which makes him qualified to speak for working class people. :D

Doubt Johnson, farage, or any other prominent political figures have worked at somewhere like Greggs or Poundland either

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:49 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Doubt Johnson, farage, or any other prominent political figures have worked at somewhere like Greggs or Poundland either

Thing is Labour used to be the voice of the working class, now they are contemptuous of them. Truth is very few politicians have a “normal” background, too many Etonians and Oxbridge graduates. Read Alan Johnson’s autobiography, he had it really hard growing up and is one of the few in the Houses of Liars that’s not an over privileged dick.