Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Cardiff City v Huddersfield Town?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:40 am

Cardiff City win
52%
Huddersfield Town win
18%
Draw
30%

Total votes : 44

MATCH THREA " CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN " MATCH THREA

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:40 am

CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN
Wednesday 21st August 2019, 7.45pm
SkyBet Championship
Cardiff City Stadium

Alex Smithies
Lee Peltier
Sean Morrison
Aden Flint
Joe Bennett
Joe Ralls
Leandro Bacuna
Lee Tomlin
Gavin Whyte
Josh Murphy
Robert Glatzel

SUBSTITUTES

Joe Day
Ciaron Brown
Curtis Nelson
Will Vaulks
Junior Hoilett
Omar Bogle
Isaac Vassell

PAY ON THE NIGHT FOR CARDIFF & HUDDERSFIELD FANS :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Approx 450 Huddersfield have sold.

Cardiff could give a first start to forward Isaac Vassell after two substitute appearances for the club.

Callum Paterson faces a late fitness test and Marlon Pack (leg) could miss out, but right-back Lee Peltier should return from an ankle problem to start.

Huddersfield caretaker boss Mark Hudson could hand former Cardiff striker Fraizer Campbell his debut.

Midfielder Trevoh Chalobah and winger Rajiv van La Parra are pushing for starts after impressing off the bench.

Former Cardiff centre-back Hudson is in temporary charge of the Terriers after they sacked Jan Siewert on Friday, and has stated his desire to take the job full-time.

INJURY UPDATE:

Lee Tomlin fit.

Etheridge, Bamba, Jazz Richardson still all out injured.

I can't get to Cardiff City Stadium, is the match on TV?

Yes, the match is live on Sky Sports Red Button.

About Huddersfield Town

Huddersfield Town Association Football Club is a professional football club in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England, which competes in the Championship.

Huddersfield became the first English club to win three successive English League titles in 1926, a feat which only three other clubs have matched. The first two league titles were won under legendary manager and pioneer Herbert Chapman, who also led the club to an FA Cup win in 1922. In the late 1950s the club was managed by Bill Shankly and featured Denis Law and Ray Wilson. Following relegation from the First Division in 1972, Huddersfield spent 45 years in the second, third and fourth tiers of English football, before returning to the top flight in 2017. They were relegated back to the Championship at the end of the 2018–19 season.

Previous Meeting

We last played Huddersfield in January of this year. The Premier League fixture at Cardiff City Stadium finished 0-0.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Smithies, Bacuna, Morrison, Flint, Bennett, Ralls, Vaulks, Pack, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Glatzel

Huddersfield Town: Grabara, Hadergjonaj, Elphick, Schindler, Kongolo, Bacuna, Hogg, O'Brien, Kachunga, Pritchard, Grant

Form - Last Three Games  

Reading 3-0 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 2-1 Luton Town
Wigan Athletic 3-2 Cardiff City

Huddersfield Town 1-2 Fulham
Huddersfield Town 0-1 Lincoln City
QPR 1-1 Huddersfield Town

Match Odds

Cardiff City - Evens
Huddersfield Town - 11/4
Draw - 12/5

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:

Re: LATEST NEWS " CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN " MATCH T

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Neil Warnock says that Lee Peltier will be back on Wednesday, but Marlon Pack will almost certainly miss out.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:10 pm

With no Marlon Pack we'll get bossed by the Huddersfield Midfield. Unless Tomlin comes in I don't see any creative spark in the middle. Sod it i'll say 0-0 draw.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:16 pm

As long as Huddersfield have no speedy little gits in the middle and up front we will win 2-0

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:36 pm

PAY ON THE NIGHT FOR CARDIFF & HUDDERSFIELD FANS :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Approx 450 Huddersfield have sold.

Re: TEAM NEWS " CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN " MATCH THR

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:39 pm

INJURY UPDATE:

Lee Tomlin fit.

Etheridge, Bamba, Jazz Richardson still all out injured.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:56 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Huddersfield Town make the midweek trip to the Welsh Capital for a Sky Bet Championship game against Cardiff City on Wednesday 21 August 2019; 7.45pm kick-off.

Mark Hudson takes charge of the Terriers after Jan Siewert’s contract with the Club was terminated following Friday night’s defeat to Fulham at the John Smith’s Stadium.

The Bluebirds are one of the fellow sides relegated from the Premier League last season, starting their campaign with a defeat to Wigan Athletic followed by a late win over Luton Town.

Neil Warnock’s side suffered defeat in their most recent outing with a brace from George Pușcaș and a late strike from John Swift securing a 3-0 win for Reading on Sunday afternoon.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:20 pm

The referee for tomorrow is the EFL'S first ever foreign referee, Jarred Gillett.

He previously refereed in the Australian A-League, their top tier - where he was awarded Referee of the Year five times and also refereed the A-League Grand Final in five separate years.

He has refereed two Championship matches this season, and given out eleven cards - including eight in Blackburn v Middlesbrough at the weekend.

In his final A-League game, he had a microphone on so viewers could hear what was being said. You can watch that video below.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Cardiff could give a first start to forward Isaac Vassell after two substitute appearances for the club.

Callum Paterson faces a late fitness test and Marlon Pack (leg) could miss out, but right-back Lee Peltier should return from an ankle problem to start.

Huddersfield caretaker boss Mark Hudson could hand former Cardiff striker Fraizer Campbell his debut.

Midfielder Trevoh Chalobah and winger Rajiv van La Parra are pushing for starts after impressing off the bench.

Former Cardiff centre-back Hudson is in temporary charge of the Terriers after they sacked Jan Siewert on Friday, and has stated his desire to take the job full-time.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:27 pm

Is sky sports "red button" available on sky-go? :bluebird:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:37 pm

First game of the season for me tomorow, a five nil victory is imminent lol

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:41 pm

RV Casual wrote:First game of the season for me tomorow, a five nil victory is imminent lol

I hope you're right, mate :D :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:17 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 pm

Huddersfield Town's crop of summer signings have been told first-team places are up for grabs.

That was the message from caretaker boss Mark Hudson as he prepares the squad for their Championship assignment at Cardiff City.

Town are hunting a first win since February and to move on positively from the sacking of head coach Jan Siewert last Friday.

Hudson has 24 players on the training ground and says he has had an excellent reaction from them.

Of the summer new faces, Siewert has used only Liverpool goalkeeper Kamil Grabara and former Aston Villa defender Tommy Elphick in his Championship starting side so far.

Midfielder Lewis O'Brien - who was on loan at Bradford City last season - has stepped up and let no-one down in the last two Championship games, having been on the bench for the opener against Derby County.

Chelsea loan man Trevoh Chalobah went on as a sub against Fulham for his first Town Championship involvement, having made his debut in the ill-fated Carabao Cup defeat to Lincoln City.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 pm

Nothing in us, confidence will be low and Huddersfield will know it.
0-2

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:23 pm

nubbsy wrote:Is sky sports "red button" available on sky-go? :bluebird:

Doubt it as computers fones ect dont have a red button? Apparently can get all the games on their sports app if you have the sports package. :thumbup:

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:11 am

Two relegated teams
Both struggling
Midweek

0-0 bore draw all over it

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:54 am

thomasblue wrote:Two relegated teams
Both struggling
Midweek

0-0 bore draw all over it

I’ve got a feeling that it’s not going to be boring!

Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:51 am

The likely Cardiff City team news for tonight's match with Huddersfield

The Bluebirds are desperate for a win after losing two of their first three games

The Bluebirds are desperate for a win after losing two of their first three games

Neil Warnock is desperate to give the fans something to shout about on Wednesday after Cardiff City's hugely disappointing display against Reading on Sunday.

The Bluebirds limped to a convincing 3-0 defeat at the hands of the Royals and Warnock urged his side to bounce back when Huddersfield come to town.

But, once again, Warnock's hand might be forced, especially in midfield, following the injury to Marlon Pack on Sunday afternoon. The summer signing hobbled off halfway through the first half, which preceded the team conceding three goals at the Madejski Stadium.

Pack had made an instant impact following his deadline-day move from Bristol City, impressing on debut in the win over Luton Town.

But it looks as though Warnock will now have to shuffle the pack, so to speak, against Huddersfield, with the midfielder to undergo a scan on the damage – the results of which are expected in the next 24 hours.

To add steel to what looked like a fairly lightweight midfield in the latter stages of Sunday's clash, expect Callum Paterson to be pushing for a starting spot to disrupt proceedings in the middle of the park.

Joe Ralls, who recovered after his stomach issues following the Luton clash to play a full 90 minutes on Sunday, will likely provide the creative outlet, while Will Vaulks and Leandro Bacuna are other options to occupy starting berths in midfield.

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing recovered from his hamstring problem in time to start against Reading, however was unable to produce his very best as he works his way back to full fitness. He will hope to make a serious impact against Huddersfield if afforded the opportunity.

Josh Murphy did not feature against Reading, despite his eye-catching display against Luton, so expect him to come straight back in. Lee Peltier should also be back fit following an injection in his ankle.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:36 am

1 goal in it for me and it could go either way.
The game will be tense, i just hope everyone supports the team and manager during the game.

If we lose , it could be the beginning of the end for NW.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:41 am

fred keenor wrote:1 goal in it for me and it could go either way.
The game will be tense, i just hope everyone supports the team and manager during the game.

If we lose , it could be the beginning of the end for NW.

I think you are right. I don't think he has long to turn it around now. Hopefully we get a reaction tonight and a better performance.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:14 am

Sven wrote:
RV Casual wrote:First game of the season for me tomorow, a five nil victory is imminent lol

I hope you're right, mate :D :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Loving the optimism mate, fingers crossed :bluebird:

Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:42 pm

I hope we turn it around but I can’t see it happening.

No midfield and no pace at the back.

We’ve been awful first three games I wonder how long it’s going to take some of you to bring your head out of Warnocks ass and realise it.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:59 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:I hope we turn it around but I can’t see it happening.

No midfield and no pace at the back.

We’ve been awful first three games I wonder how long it’s going to take some of you to bring your head out of Warnocks ass and realise it.

everyone does realise it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:48 pm

I had a loss of confidence immediately after the reading debacle but love the championship as we’re straight back in action. Feel like it’s normal for a group of players who have been in the premier league to struggle back in the championship mentally. For example mendez Laing, when he signed this was a high level for him but then he impresses people in the premier league and suddenly the work rate and determination that made him in the championship falls off slightly. That happens with 2 or 3 players and you get beat. However I am back behind our best manager and let’s see after another 10 games. Come on city!!!!

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:47 pm

IMG_20190821_184650.jpg

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Is sky sports "red button" available on sky-go? :bluebird:

Doubt it as computers fones ect dont have a red button? Apparently can get all the games on their sports app if you have the sports package. :thumbup:

Sky go is the sports app no?? I can't find it

Re: MATCH THREA " CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN " MATCH T

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:54 pm

It’s not even on red button, says it is but when u click on it it shows the Fulham game ffs

Re: MATCH THREA " CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN " MATCH T

Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:20 pm

City much improved :bluebird: