Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:30 am

Vaulks square on . That’s under 10s defending

Re: Poor defending from Vaulks

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:31 am

Don't think poor quite covers it.

Flint coming off second best too

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:35 am

The passing is so slow , 2 touches each to bring the call under control . Pass it one touch and move ffs

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:36 am

Pathetic more like!

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:39 am

No wonder our strikers don’t score goals .
No service whatsoever

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:41 am

We are shit FairPlay

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:44 am

Both goals from that side, very poor.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:45 am

2 v 1 and still can't win the ball. Pathetic

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Does help if someone else backs him up where was other players for 1st goal? No one came over to block his run... 2nd ok didn't block cross but where was near post players to cut out ball? Reading saw weakness with our setup and profited from it. More concerned with going forward not one opportunity for glatzel as he didn't get any ball in area :o

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:07 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Don't think poor quite covers it.

Very poor all round, we are just going to go all out in the 2nd half , looks like Patterson and Vaseell are on so maybe just maybe we can do something this half

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:13 pm

On this form we'll be mid table

Needs fresh ideas but more importantly we haven't the squad to compete for top places

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:42 pm

NIBluebird wrote:On this form we'll be mid table

Needs fresh ideas but more importantly we haven't the squad to compete for top places

I disagree. On the evidence of today we will struggle to get out of the bottom six.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:55 pm

This teams performances has a relegation look about it . There are no goals in us . We are conceding loads

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Reluctant to criticise Warnock as he has done wonders for us....however, he's had had two or three windows to sort out our problem at right back and all summer to replace 3 good midfield players. His failure to address these problems combined with his reluctance to play people like Tomlin and Bogle are killing us right now. Our lack of creativity is dire and I'm worried that we don't have the personnel in midfield to change things.
Reading aren't great but they invested in a bit of quality and ran rings around us....could easily have been 5-0.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:55 pm

moonboots wrote:Reluctant to criticise Warnock as he has done wonders for us....however, he's had had two or three windows to sort out our problem at right back and all summer to replace 3 good midfield players. His failure to address these problems combined with his reluctance to play people like Tomlin and Bogle are killing us right now. Our lack of creativity is dire and I'm worried that we don't have the personnel in midfield to change things.
Reading aren't great but they invested in a bit of quality and ran rings around us....could easily have been 5-0.

Tomlin Murphy and Bogle need to brought in Wednesday, Hoilett just looks lethargic,f@ck the tracking back aspect neil likes so much,he needs to be dropped,not all his fault today,so many looked dead after conceding the first,where was laing?him and Hoilett were anonymous :roll: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:01 pm

Vaulks should be relegation ready at least

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Poor individual error - cannot figure out why nobody tracked over to support him mind. He was obviously their biggest threat and to leave him 1 v 1 was silly. Not the only individual error today Bacuna did his best to gift them a 3rd a few times in that last 15 mins. Cannot figure out how he’s still getting picked but I hope he shows us soon.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Poor defending but where exactly was our left back?

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Seen Vaulks 3 times now including pre-season each time I thought he looked shite and today he was bloody lost and clueless out there. I guess at least for him the only way is up now.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Not sure why all the criticism of Vaulks.

He was obviously only bought for one reason - his ability to throw the ball into the box which he did quite well today.

In fact his long throws are the basis of what is going to be virtually all of our attacking threat this season so I think he'll play a lot.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:23 pm

I’ve never seen him play before he came on as sub vs Luton and today’s match.
He looks useless but I’m willing to give him a few games to get up to speed. The problem is that he doesn’t look capable enough to play as yet.
Let’s hope he comes good!

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:27 pm

davids wrote:Not sure why all the criticism of Vaulks.

He was obviously only bought for one reason - his ability to throw the ball into the box which he did quite well today.

In fact his long throws are the basis of what is going to be virtually all of our attacking threat this season so I think he'll play a lot.

Nah

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:30 am

pembroke allan wrote:Does help if someone else backs him up where was other players for 1st goal? No one came over to block his run... 2nd ok didn't block cross but where was near post players to cut out ball? Reading saw weakness with our setup and profited from it. More concerned with going forward not one opportunity for glatzel as he didn't get any ball in area :o

I agree entirely with your summary of first goal. Did the job expected of him at first. He got back brilliantly and did very well to push Puskas out wide. He is not a full back and got stuffed for pace when he then cut inside but you would have expected Bennett to have got back by then and had this covered.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:14 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Don't think poor quite covers it.

Nan and nah

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:2 v 1 and still can't win the ball. Pathetic

Nah

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
davids wrote:Not sure why all the criticism of Vaulks.

Nah

Nah

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 am

If anyone was at the game he was the only one that sprinted back when they countered, yes his defending was poor to let him go across but where was the rest of the back 4? The bloke ain’t a left back yet he made two runs down the right wing first half putting couple crosses in.. got to give the bloke credit he was the only one was pressing and shutting down, Ralls and Bacuna just constantly caught out of position I don’t know how people say he grew into the game Ralls, nonsense.