Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Reading away?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 pm

Alex Smithies
21%
Leandro Bacuna
2%
Sean Morrison
2%
Aden Flint
2%
Joe Bennett
No votes
Joe Ralls
29%
Will Vaulks
No votes
Marlon Pack
6%
Junior Hoilett
No votes
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
No votes
Robert Glatzel
32%
Curtis Nelson (sub)
2%
Callum Paterson (sub)
No votes
Isaac Vassell (sub)
5%

Total votes : 62

VOTE " MOTM v Reading (a) "

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:57 pm

That was terrible, not much else to say!

I'm struggling to pick out out but who was your man of the match?

48 hours to vote.

Re: VOTE " MOTM v Reading (a) "

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Smithies only because he save pen to stop it being a total humiliation.. no one else really deserve a vote :roll:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:02 pm

None of them.....

It all went Pete tong after Pack got injured

MOTM REALLY!!!!!

Smithies by a long way
It would have been 6-0 without him

The only other player I thought played well was Vassell when he came on

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Smithies only because he save pen to stop it being a total humiliation.. no one else really deserve a vote :roll:

:thumbup:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:09 pm

Glatzel for me he showed if there was some decent service to him he will score. The problem is under Warnock there wasn't and probably never will be.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:11 pm

0-3 and it looks like our keeper will get MOM!

I can’t vote after that shite.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:13 pm

Can’t say any City player deserves a vote but if I had to vote I would say Glatzel. Starved of possession but he at least gave it a go and wasn’t frightened 2shoot.

Although he saved a penalty I thought Smithies looked really shaky dropping the ball on several occasions.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:20 pm

I’m sorry but Bacuna is absolute dog mess. I can’t believe we paid money for him. Someone should’ve paid us to take him

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:20 pm

"Ethridge" for his performance on camera before kick off, was better than anything on the pitch.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Time for quality over effort in my opinion. Warnock really needs to explain exactly why Tomlin is being overlooked. As other posters have said, I have always supported "Sir Neil", but after that a change of direction is needed.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Someone voted for bacuna :lol:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Patterson and Ralls were the only two that weren’t awful.

Smithies handling was dreadful. All the defence were awful. Bacuna was one the worst performances I have ever seen.NML looked like he couldn’t be bothered.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:43 pm

God we have to pick someone who is not as bad as the rest :roll: Smithies

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Bloody hell ,very poor all round ,what made us think we were a good side ,most didn't know their asses from their elbows .
Bounce back up yea sure.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:54 pm

Who the f**k voted for Bacuna? Surely a piss take!

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:01 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Who the f**k voted for Bacuna? Surely a piss take!

One of the jack trolls I expect.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:02 pm

BC-CB wrote:Time for quality over effort in my opinion. Warnock really needs to explain exactly why Tomlin is being overlooked. As other posters have said, I have always supported "Sir Neil", but after that a change of direction is needed.

Have to say,spot on brother :occasion5: won't slag neil off,but I believe after today tomlin and Murphy need to play Wednesday and I think a fair few players will have suffered in the changing room,after that performance :oops: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Ralls only 1 that didn't look out of his depth. Glatzel tbf fed onscraps but think he needs a creative player with him e.g.tomlin. smithies really? Looked as frail as a house of cards with his droppsy

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:50 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:Ralls only 1 that didn't look out of his depth. Glatzel tbf fed onscraps but think he needs a creative player with him e.g.tomlin. smithies really? Looked as frail as a house of cards with his droppsy

I know I really can’t see how anyone is voting Smithies. I know we were awful but he himself made two handling eras one of which should have led to a goal.

The only players that were not utter shit were Ralls and Paterson and as you said Glatzel just had no chance today because of how awful we were. I voted Ralls.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:03 pm

I really don't see how there can be a motm thread today after that performance. That was total dross and if the players and management have anything about them they would refund the 2000 supporters who went their ticket and travel money

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:15 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:I really don't see how there can be a motm thread today after that performance. That was total dross and if the players and management have anything about them they would refund the 2000 supporters who went their ticket and travel money

There is one after every game.. Win, lose or draw.

That's not changing.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Ralls for me purely through effort and seemed to be the only player who could pass a ball and kept running all game. Glatzel did ok but was isolated and had no support from anyone. Thought Smithies was shite and looked shaky again even if he did save a penalty.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:12 am

If it wasnt for Smithies that game could have easily been 5-0. Ralls put himself about but without any support it came to nothing. Everyone else were extremely poor. Bacuna should not be anywhere near the starting 11.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:49 am

Ralls, only one who was really trying in most areas

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:31 pm

Looks to be between Glatzel and Ralls.