Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF YOU WERE IN DAVE JONES POSITION NOW

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:44 am

Would you send Gerrard out on loan for the whole Season or keep him as back up ?

Re: IF YOU WERE IN DAVE JONES POSITION NOW

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:45 am

Highly dependant on the Loovens situation, if he comes he can go if not he stays!!

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:Would you send Gerrard out on loan for the whole Season or keep him as back up ?
keep him our back 4 looked a little suspect yesterday, but it also depends on who he is upsetting ;)

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 am

If we get Loovens and riggot, we should be ok, I heard that alledgedly Gerrard and McCormack are out getting Smashed all the time perhaps that is why he is going out on loan and McCormack as well?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:52 am

Igovernor wrote:If we get Loovens and riggot, we should be ok, I heard that alledgedly Gerrard and McCormack are out getting Smashed all the time perhaps that is why he is going out on loan and McCormack as well?

Yes they have been and on that note they are not only letting the themselves down but Our Club as well, They both have fallen out with Jones, but they should not turn to getting drunk all the time.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:52 am

Its a shame about Gerrard, he looked good towards the end of last season then he got injured,and fell out with Dj when Hudson got back in.
Good luck to the boy ......
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:55 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Would you send Gerrard out on loan for the whole Season or keep him as back up ?
keep him our back 4 looked a little suspect yesterday, but it also depends on who he is upsetting ;)

Baz, Jones needs to stop falling out with to many players, when they stand up to him, they should both show RESPECT EITHER SIDE.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:57 am

like you said the drinking culture with players is out of control, too much time on their hands

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:05 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:like you said the drinking culture with players is out of control, too much time on their hands

:shock: :shock: says Baz :lol:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:06 am

Dange wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:like you said the drinking culture with players is out of control, too much time on their hands

:shock: :shock: says Baz :lol:

Now now Baz goes Fishing every night, then gets drunk after :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:07 am

THey want to take a look at how Darcy Blake got himself back into the side.

THis is exciting times down the City and if these two and any others would rather go on the piss thatn work themselves back into the team then we're better off shot of them for now.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 am

if its true, that both players are out on the pop, what is jones supposed to do? they are both profesional footballers,they both have some sort of responsability to theselves and the club to act accordingly.... ship them out on loan or even sell if the price is right. regardless if they see eye to eye with jones,if they are unfit and out of shape they are of no use to us.. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:31 am

Loan him out (unless you get a good offer) & hope he gets his head straight.

I wonder how much this falling out with Dave Jones thing is all a smokescreen, it tend's to be players who are struggling who fall out, Quinn, Gerrard, McCormack are just three. They get paid good money, they should be able to stay off the pop, and take being told when their lifestyle is affecting their performances. They need to grow up or move on, how many players that Jones has shipped out (as apposed to sold, Loovens, Johnson etc) have gone on to prove his judgement wrong?

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:33 am

no keep him and send hudson on loan

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:36 am

murphy wrote:

100% behind that idea.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:39 am

If there is a rift between DJ and certain players, surely he should be professional enough to play players because of quality and how they link with the rest of the team?

Gerrard is by far our best centre back.

As for Rossco, he is such a versatile player, that I would keep him.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:42 am

Definitely, there is one boss and the club and what he says goes, it sends a message to the rest of the players.

I think he got a bit above himself at the end of last season, he was seemed extra gobby, but unlike Roger not good enough to back it up on the pitch.

He almost caused a fight with the keeper which seemed to cause bad feeling and problems at the back, I don't know what was said after but that seemed to mean the end for him.

After that he did't feature much and if I remember right he was a bit outspoken, add the fact that he is allegedly enjoy himself too much and looking in bad shape, time to move him out.

We will be trying to get better players anyway.

There is more to being a manager than we will ever know, and a lot of things that happen in training and off the pitch determine if a player should stay or not.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:19 am

The point was made above very well... How many players has Jones shipped out
that have gone on to better things elsewhere??

Darcy sorted himself out and has come back an excellent player (no longer a prospect)
If anyone in the midfield or defence gets injured he would be more than capable of
stepping in.

Gerrard had a shite end to last season and perhaps had every right to feel aggrieved
about not starting the play-off final. But coming back carrying a load of toffee is not the
right attitude for a lad looking to prove himself. If him and McCormack are out on the
lash then not only are they disrespecting the manager, they are disrepecting the club
AND us fans.

Hudson, quite frankly, has been dire at times. I think this level is just a little too much
for him. But if he's prepared to knuckle down and work, and try to better himself, then
I'm prepared to give him a chance. I'd much sooner someone like him than a player with
natural talent who just cant be arsed. Look at Leon Jeanne!!

Im with the miserable dour scouser on this one :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:
murphy wrote:

100% behind that idea.

I def agree - problem Gerrard has now if Jonsey has a personal opinion blocking him from be used in the team thats his ass finished. Hudson we all know is liked by DJ and his choice - i personally hate watching him play at the back i panic then wait for the ball to be hoofed up field to the oposition every time!

DJ - works the way he does for a reason - we may not agree with how it goes but we cannot do anything to change him!

Gerrard (& Ross)- at this point in time should be prooving DJ wrong in so many ways - training harder than they have trained not going on the piss through the week (not saying dont have beers after a game) they are no-one special we all have jobs that do not allow us to go on the piss midweek!
They need to realise this and the quicker they do the better their attitude will be and their training will - let me have Ross n Gerrard for 5 mins i will tell them what opportunity they have this season at CCFC - it has never been so good and they could be part of it - BUT when they do go they can only blame themselves.

AS for selling or loan - Gerrard maybe a 6 month loan to get him in shape - don't forget he has come up to this league and he has a lot to learn still - he will get this through experience - which comes through playing week in week out.

BUT i still prefer to see Gerrard over Hudson at the back any day he looks more comfortable on the pitch - even if he errors

:ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:16 am

If we get Riggot and Loovens, then yes - i would send him outn on loan. if we dont, then we def ened him for back up.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:30 am

Possibly with a clause to recall. If that is possible?
If not nope. Depending on Riggot and Loovens

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

Baz, Jones needs to stop falling out with to many players, when they stand up to him, they should both show RESPECT EITHER SIDE.

Jones is the boss.

They should remember that and get on with what they are paid for. I guess gerrard isn't happy about being dropped -if so he's reacted in completely the wrong way. He should be working on his fitness, watching videos of himself, seeing how he can improve his positioning, working on his turning and sprinting, playing short side football to improve his passing and learning that a short pass is the best option for a centre half 90% of the time. Instead he's put weight on and hit the bottle. He COULD become a decent player - don't forget Johnson wasn't great in his first year for us and had to play second fiddle to Loovens and Purse, but he worked and worked hard - his fitness is amazing, he must have a 28 inch waist he's so skinny. he fought his way back (remember there were rumours that HE'D fallen out with Jones as well !) and look at him now - one of the top 10 centre halfs in England.

As for Hudson - I'm siding with Jones here - after several hundred games in that position myself and watching the centre halfs carefully I reckon Hudson is the best we've got and he and Gyepes (who played very well yesterday) looked solid against Donny.

Loovens is still far better than both mind. He was BRILLIANT for us, both in tandem with Purse and Johnson and the results and clean sheets we had with him were fantastic. What we've got is average for the Champ (although far better than the 2 carthorses Donny had !), Loovens will be one of the best in the division if he comes.

If your staff behaved like these players have been you'd ship them out as well.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Get Rid not good enough for this level and by the way i thought Hudson had a good game yesterday and wish people would get off his back. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Get Rid not good enough for this level and by the way i thought Hudson had a good game yesterday and wish people would get off his back. :ayatollah:

Yep and Gyepes had his best game since he got sent off against Sheffield united

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:59 pm

But Gerrard is a great character, and a favourite player of mine :(

When he was rubbing his eyes and pretending to cry while inpersonating the Swansea Fans after the final whistle of the derby home win last season, magic! :(

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:07 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:But Gerrard is a great character, and a favourite player of mine :(

When he was rubbing his eyes and pretending to cry while inpersonating the Swansea Fans after the final whistle of the derby home win last season, magic! :(

Thats great, but it doesn't win us any games.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:09 pm

I def agree - problem Gerrard has now if Jonsey has a personal opinion blocking him from be used in the team thats his ass finished. Hudson we all know is liked by DJ and his choice - i personally hate watching him play at the back i panic then wait for the ball to be hoofed up field to the oposition every time!

DJ - works the way he does for a reason - we may not agree with how it goes but we cannot do anything to change him!

Gerrard (& Ross)- at this point in time should be prooving DJ wrong in so many ways - training harder than they have trained not going on the piss through the week (not saying dont have beers after a game) they are no-one special we all have jobs that do not allow us to go on the piss midweek!
They need to realise this and the quicker they do the better their attitude will be and their training will - let me have Ross n Gerrard for 5 mins i will tell them what opportunity they have this season at CCFC - it has never been so good and they could be part of it - BUT when they do go they can only blame themselves.

AS for selling or loan - Gerrard maybe a 6 month loan to get him in shape - don't forget he has come up to this league and he has a lot to learn still - he will get this through experience - which comes through playing week in week out.

BUT i still prefer to see Gerrard over Hudson at the back any day he looks more comfortable on the pitch - even if he errors

:ayatollah:[/quote]

Strange you should say that about Hudson. But I watched him very closely yesterday and against Sheff U (albeit on TV as I was on hols) and he DOESN'T hoof the ball upfield. He normally plays it short to feet.

His mobility isn't great and his communication isn't what it should be as captain, but his passing is actually OK.

In contrast Gerrard goes for the long ball far too often. He's actually probably a bette rpasser, but is also too ambitious with it.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:44 pm

Why are they standing up to him? IMO they are both out of the team for good reason, maybe they need to show DJ more respect?
No wonder DJ isnt happy with them if they are on the piss all the time.

I would rather Hudson went out on loan especially if we brought a good CB in but no one is going to pay all of Hudsons wages so we may as well keep him and send Gerrard out.

I have complete faith in DJ on the matter

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:46 pm

simple, defence is our problem, needs sorting :roll:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Who has he fallen out with that we miss or you would want back?