Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: “THEY KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG”

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock told BBC Radio Wales:

"I was quite comfortable for the first 20 minutes and thought this was a game to be won.”

"But for whatever reason we go away from what we were doing, take a short free-kick and end up losing a goal. It's terrible defending.”

“Our defence made simple mistakes, we will regroup for Huddersfield.”

"At half-time I thought if we get the next goal I could see a little bit of nervousness in their dug-out, but he [Rafael] made two or three good saves."

“I have had words were the players & they know what went wrong.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: “THEY KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG”

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:49 pm

The team were also poorly motivated, second to the ball and lacking any kind of creative spark. That's down to the manager. Sorry Neil you need to put your hand up for that pathetic performance too.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:20 pm

They scored 3 goals we scored 0 that's what went wrong
Along with the tactics again that are not suitable no longer for the championship and premiership.

Sorry but it's your fault neil no one elses

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:50 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:The team were also poorly motivated, second to the ball and lacking any kind of creative spark. That's down to the manager. Sorry Neil you need to put your hand up for that pathetic performance too.

Unfortunately, Warnock has rarely put his hand up to take any blame, whilst he’s been with us. 98% of the time, he throws all blame at the players, even when it’s clear that the issues arose from poor match tactics and/or poor game management from the bench.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:39 pm

KWest wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:The team were also poorly motivated, second to the ball and lacking any kind of creative spark. That's down to the manager. Sorry Neil you need to put your hand up for that pathetic performance too.

Unfortunately, Warnock has rarely put his hand up to take any blame, whilst he’s been with us. 98% of the time, he throws all blame at the players, even when it’s clear that the issues arose from poor match tactics and/or poor game management from the bench.

What you seem to miss is that the manager can only prepare the players and provide them with the tactics/information he feels will help win the battle

I'm sure we were all really disappointed earlier with the result. I thought we would turn them over but we didn't and as usual, the Forum went into meltdown. I actually went out for a few hours to let it all calm down!

But to be fair, after hearing Neil Warnock on Sky, I was happy that he saw what went wrong and seemed resolute to put it right

A bad day at the office but many won't see that :(

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:42 pm

The question is more whether the manager knows how to put things right.

We'll know soon enough.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Sven wrote:
KWest wrote:

What you seem to miss is that the manager can only prepare the players and provide them with the tactics/information he feels will help win the battle

I'm sure we were all really disappointed earlier with the result. I thought we would turn them over but we didn't and as usual, the Forum went into meltdown. I actually went out for a few hours to let it all calm down!

But to be fair, after hearing Neil Warnock on Sky, I was happy that he saw what went wrong and seemed resolute to put it right

A bad day at the office but many won't see that :(

These are Warnock's chosen players playing Warnock's chosen style of play.

He seems unwilling or unable to change the tactics.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 pm

Team balance is all about partnerships.

As long as we play two CBs with no pace we're always going to concede goals simple.

Nelson needs to come in and Flint or Morrison has to sit out!!

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Sorry to be harsh but I find todays result totally unacceptable. Many of the players we have playing for us were part of the squad that beat Man Utd. Yet only a few months later they lose by 3 goals (and really should have been 5)

And when you look at the goals we have conceded this season - two of the goals (or penalty conceded) came from left hand side of our penalty box - and today another two goals from that position.

That is where we are weak. And Reading exploited that

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:19 pm

I liked our starting line up apart from Bacuna. First twenty I thought we looked comfortable, without creating too much. I could see us going on tow win by a couple. The first two goals were defensive errors, nothing to do with tactics. Reading didn’t really need to work too hard for them. Seems to knock the stuffing out of us and Reading has their tails up. We had to chase the game and that inevitably meant there would be lots of space for Reading to exploit. It made them look like world beater which their not.

Pack going off was a big blow. Concerned about our midfield if he’s out for long. Ralls and Vaulks are too similar and I don’t think either can play a holding roll. As most of us thought, we are short in that area. Bacuna is a total liability. We need to figure out a way to get supper up to Gratzel. We need more movement and midfield runners. Love Paterson but he lack quality on the ball to play behind Gratzel.

You do have to give the opposition some credit, Reading defended very well and took advantage when we threw players forward. Joao and Puscas kept dropping short which meant Morrison and Flint had to go into areas they’re not comfortable with. Swift mad good runs and their holding midfielder was too strong and out-battled Ralls and Vaulks. They also stopped Holilett and NML being effective.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Hope that includes himself

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:31 am

Here's a novel suggestion. Try passing to someone wearing the same colour shirt.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 am

We are a big strong team and should be dominating from corners long throws and dead balls, but inevitably the opposition head it out and break when we have Ralls, Bennett, Morrison and Flint out of position, I'm sure we are missing Manga who used to be able to help stop the breakaways along with Bamba.

I'm not sure how Warnock solves it but leaving Bacuna and Vaulks back isn't working and both were beaten easily several times today.

That is what Warnock will be working on this week, he may need to keep a few more back, or change things around we need more pace in defence?