Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IS ANYONE REALLY SURPRISED ?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Another problem is the squad Is completely unbalanced. We play with a sole forward yet have at least five players for that role.In probable order of choice Glatzel,Vassel,Bogle,Madine and Ward.Six if you include Patterson.That is bloody ridiculous how on earth did the transfer committee and Warnock come up with that.Yet we only have one fit right back and he is not fit anymore so we don't really have a right back anymore. Now that Pack is out injured we hardly have a central midfield.

Yesterday we has to put a midfielder (a very poor one) in as a right back and a central defender who according to Oxford fans has never played in midfield (and looked like he had never played in midfield) in as a midfielder.

This is just an unholy mess and it has to be sombodies fault.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:37 pm

fred keenor wrote:We look like a team who has run out of steam and ideas, both from the players and the manager, all after only 3 games.

A big week this week, tough games coming up, Hudders, Blackburn and Fulham and after yesterdays performance i would grateful for 3 points.

Any less and i think VT will pull the plug and look for a new manager, who or what anyone could do with the lacking creativity in the side is debatable, the transfer window is a long time coming until January for whoever comes in.

Reading had players who could beat players in the middle of the park, only Tomlin fits this bill and we all know he will not get a chance.

Not seen much of Gavin Whyte but he possesses the close control, burst of speed and ability to glide past players. He could be worth a try in centre-mid. Also, Hoilett has similar skills and he played infield quite a bit for Canada in one or two of their Gold Cup games. A gamble, but they have the skills required to hold onto the ball, twist and turn, open play up and find other players in blue. None of our existing midfielders can do that and that's why we've become too easy to read. Also, I'd bring Bogle in. He's been our best CF so far but Warnock is a stubborn man.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:18 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:If you replace loanees from Bournemouth and Real Betis (?) with players from Rotherham, Oxford and more understandably from Brizzle C and Boro is it any wonder that our lack of class is now painfully evident.

It will take a monumental effort this season to mould these players into a half decent football team. Far too early yet to consider this a crisis but the writing is on the wall that this could turn out to be more of a struggle than most predicted and a long way from the swansong NW would have wanted.

One can only hope that our new manager will be more disposed to signing players with a higher skill set or one that doesn't consider ball retention to be dirty words.

If the performance level does not improve I will be surprised if Lee Tomlin in not given a run out very soon. Can he really be as bad as what we have at present or am I clutching at straws ?

What concerns me is that Warnock allegedly will help pick his successor.

And probably in tandem with those on the transfer committee who know nothing of modern day football.

Not time yet for a root and branch change but if we survive this season then certainly next summer.

A gloomy season ahead of us?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:14 pm

How is it we seem to play the same people all the time ,give Tomlin a go ,give Bogle a go ,give Joe Day a shot in goal ,for f**KS sake