Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What is it with warnock and strikers

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Gratzel looked a bit lost today,service to him though was awful and not a lot he could have done,but bogle had a good pre season,scored against Wigan then dropped back to bench,vassell comes on and scores against Luton,today dropped back to bench,strikers feed off confidence if one scores keep them in starting line up for next game,it ain’t rocket science

Re: What is it with warnock and strikers

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:12 pm

caerblue wrote:Gratzel looked a bit lost today,service to him though was awful and not a lot he could have done,but bogle had a good pre season,scored against Wigan then dropped back to bench,vassell comes on and scores against Luton,today dropped back to bench,strikers feed off confidence if one scores keep them in starting line up for next game,it ain’t rocket science

It's a NW trait only playing one up top trouble is when we do get ball to striker theres invariably no one to support them? Gratzel played majority of time out wide because he didn't touch ball in their area for more or less entire 1st half how are we suppose to score playing that way? :o

Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
caerblue wrote:Gratzel looked a bit lost today,service to him though was awful and not a lot he could have done,but bogle had a good pre season,scored against Wigan then dropped back to bench,vassell comes on and scores against Luton,today dropped back to bench,strikers feed off confidence if one scores keep them in starting line up for next game,it ain’t rocket science

It's a NW trait only playing one up top trouble is when we do get ball to striker theres invariably no one to support them? Gratzel played majority of time out wide because he didn't touch ball in their area for more or less entire 1st half how are we suppose to score playing that way? :o

Nothing against gratzel,my point is Warnocks selection,bogle scores against Wigan,next game he’s dropped,vassell scores against Luton,yes he started on bench and only played a few minutes,next game he’s back on bench,why don’t warnock give a striker who scores,a run of games,when he’s scored build his confidence which he then goes on a scoring run

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Don’t see your point, Bogle, Glatzel, Vassell, Neymar no one would of scored today as the service is awful.
You can see glatzels quality from his left peg shot, the guy has quality but like I said, if the ball isnt putting into goal scoring positions for him he can do fucall.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:18 pm

With our defence as it is we need 4 strikers and 13 outfield players to stand a chance of winning 1 nil with a goal from a set piece.

Morrison and Flint a dire combination. No pace too similar and useless distribution. They'd be OK against us but other sides don't play like us any more.

We've shipped 6 goals away to two poor sides and we're lucky today it was only three.

We need a RB and have done for ages.

Without protection from a meaningful CDM which we don't have our centre half's are going to be found wanting as I don't think either of them are good enough.

Sir Neils infatuation with Morrison last season was costly as our best combo was Bamba and Manga. We didn't have a RB and Morrison was first name on team sheet so we didnt have the right combo then.

Championship sides play football and at the moment we are not showing we can cope with it defensively.

I know the post about attackers but we need clean sheets.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:59 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Don’t see your point, Bogle, Glatzel, Vassell, Neymar no one would of scored today as the service is awful.
You can see glatzels quality from his left peg shot, the guy has quality but like I said, if the ball isnt putting into goal scoring positions for him he can do fucall.

My point being is,if a striker scores you play him next game,not drop them to the bench the next game,which has happened to bogle and vassell,we created 14 chances same as reading,with 7 being on target,compared to 6 from reading

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:06 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:With our defence as it is we need 4 strikers and 13 outfield players to stand a chance of winning 1 nil with a goal from a set piece.

Morrison and Flint a dire combination. No pace too similar and useless distribution. They'd be OK against us but other sides don't play like us any more.

We've shipped 6 goals away to two poor sides and we're lucky today it was only three.

We need a RB and have done for ages.

Without protection from a meaningful CDM which we don't have our centre half's are going to be found wanting as I don't think either of them are good enough.

Sir Neils infatuation with Morrison last season was costly as our best combo was Bamba and Manga. We didn't have a RB and Morrison was first name on team sheet so we didnt have the right combo then.

Championship sides play football and at the moment we are not showing we can cope with it defensively.

I know the post about attackers but we need clean sheets.

Spot on!

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:18 pm

That was Readings first clean sheet including a carabo cup game against Wycombe. Observation about strikers is right but we do need clean sheets.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:44 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:That was Readings first clean sheet including a carabo cup game against Wycombe. Observation about strikers is right but we do need clean sheets.

Spot On - What is it to date 7 goals let in 3 games...That's not good at all .

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 am

caerblue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:Don’t see your point, Bogle, Glatzel, Vassell, Neymar no one would of scored today as the service is awful.

My point being is,if a striker scores you play him next game,not drop them to the bench the next game,which has happened to bogle and vassell,we created 14 chances same as reading,with 7 being on target,compared to 6 from reading

Really ? Vassell scores a lucky goal against Luton? And done fucall when he can on against Reading same as every other player. The point is it doesn’t matter what striker we have, we are not creating opportunities for the striker. 2 shots were out of the area long hit and hopes one from Ralls and one from Glatzel.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 am

Bizarrely I think Glatzel has something, we're just struggling to see it as we don't appear to be able give him anything but hopeful balls.

Against Luton, Glatzel and Murphy linked well in the first half, why not try that again ? Sometimes there is just too much rotation and we look disjointed.

That was a poor performance all around the park but I'm really struggling to see why Bacuna is even in the squad never mind the starting eleven. He wanders around and never affects the play, meantime their midfield is having a field day with hardly having to put a tackle in.

Yesterday I thought the biggest problem was the lack of control in midfield once Pack went off and the wide players simply not performing.

Most worryingly, we simply don't look fit. There is no urgency and we're too easy to play against and I'm now really concerned that we're going to be without Pack for a while, I just don't see who else can play in that role.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:22 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
caerblue wrote:

Really ? Vassell scores a lucky goal against Luton? And done fucall when he can on against Reading same as every other player. The point is it doesn’t matter what striker we have, we are not creating opportunities for the striker. 2 shots were out of the area long hit and hopes one from Ralls and one from Glatzel.

I’m not sure if you ve ever played a game of football to understand my point,but if you want to explain how is goal was lucky?,gratzel had a very good opportunity to score,he was right in front of goal and he didn’t connect properly and it just rolled slowly at keeper,a striker who was high in confidence would have smashed it in,but of course that’s my opinion,over the course of the season,we ll find out of course,who ll finish highest goal scorer,but I think you ll find when a striker scores one,they seem to go on a run and scores few,when our strikers score,they get dropped to the bench

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:54 pm

I totally agree with you and not just with strikers any creative/flair player never gets a run in the team to create confidence in their play. Too focused on tracking back and tackles