Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I thought we were really good today

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:53 pm

I know there are a few on here who think that I am constantly negative and critical of the team and the club so I thought today I'd put on my rose tinted spectacles and take the same positive view as our happy clappers so here are my thoughts for what they are worth.

Can't believe we lost that 3-0! With our total dominance for the first five minutes we should have walked that game.

I cannot believe that our possession based game played through our classy midfield didn't win us the game. I bet the Reading fans couldn't believe they'd only got £3m for Bacuna - we really got a bargain there.

I thought our strikers were a real threat - especially Joe Bennett. Bennett must have been glad he wasn't playing left back though as all of Reading's lucky goals game down the side of the pitch he sometimes has to cover when he's not playing the free role he seems to have every week.

Nelson had their winger in his pocket and I thought it was a masterstroke by the manager to substitute one of our fit wingers at half time (Hoilett) whilst leaving a clearly struggling Mendez on for the second half to cause Reading all sorts of problems with his searing pace.

Glatzel won everything in the air on the very few occasions that we played the ball long and Morrison, who so rarely gets beaten for pace, was unlucky to give away a second penalty in three matches when their player clearly dived - I could tell that was a dive from 150 yards away.

On another day we would have won that 5-0.

I'll have to downgrade my prediction of winning the title by February to say it may not happen until the start of March.

And the ref gave us nothing!

Re: I thought we were really good today

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 am

davids wrote:I know there are a few on here who think that I am constantly negative and critical of the team and the club so I thought today I'd put on my rose tinted spectacles and take the same positive view as our happy clappers so here are my thoughts for what they are worth.

Can't believe we lost that 3-0! With our total dominance for the first five minutes we should have walked that game.

I cannot believe that our possession based game played through our classy midfield didn't win us the game. I bet the Reading fans couldn't believe they'd only got £3m for Bacuna - we really got a bargain there.

I thought our strikers were a real threat - especially Joe Bennett. Bennett must have been glad he wasn't playing left back though as all of Reading's lucky goals game down the side of the pitch he sometimes has to cover when he's not playing the free role he seems to have every week.

Nelson had their winger in his pocket and I thought it was a masterstroke by the manager to substitute one of our fit wingers at half time (Hoilett) whilst leaving a clearly struggling Mendez on for the second half to cause Reading all sorts of problems with his searing pace.

Glatzel won everything in the air on the very few occasions that we played the ball long and Morrison, who so rarely gets beaten for pace, was unlucky to give away a second penalty in three matches when their player clearly dived - I could tell that was a dive from 150 yards away.

I'll have to downgrade my prediction of winning the title by February to say it may not happen until the start of March.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:53 am

davids wrote:I know there are a few on here who think that I am constantly negative and critical of the team and the club so I thought today I'd put on my rose tinted spectacles and take the same positive view as our happy clappers so here are my thoughts for what they are worth.

Agree with most of your analyses especially that regarding the excellent performances of Bacuna and Bennett. First players on the team sheet every week and after yesterday you can see why. That 3 million for Bacuna is looking the bargain of the century and a very sensible decision by Warnock to get rid of Cunnigham.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:43 am

Why didn’t we use the long throw ?
It’s worked so well for us .
It’s our strength to throw the ball in long with no pace . Teams will never work out how to stop it .

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:34 am

A big bonus was also Patterson carry on his impressive form from the Luton game, his introduction at half time increased our tempo due to his high level of fitness and took our creativity to the next level as he sits so confortably in the 10 role

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:48 am

i just love those comments. it sums it all up

Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Didn’t we win 3-0.. dunno what everyones mithering about.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Huddersfield must be thinking is it really worth travelling all the way down to south wales to get there asses wooped after our display on sunday.