Warnock replacement ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock replacement ?

Postby bluebird1972 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:25 am

As this NW last season who would you realistically want to replace him with ? and if we are clearly not going to make the play offs would you make the change earlier ? If we go down the explayer route I would like to see Mark Hudson given a chance
bluebird1972

Warnock replacement ?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Warnock replacement ?

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:37 am

Jokanovic if Tan’s willing to provide a budget if not take a gamble on Bamba
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 am

Bit early to be thinking about it to be honest, I would think Warnock would get the season unless things get even worse. I don’t think it would be fair on a new manager to inherit this squad, any new manager would need a good summer clear out.

Couldn’t care less if the player has played for us before or not really, id just be looking for the best manager available. Personally I think when Warnock goes, the back team staff need to follow and we need a new fresh team and direction. Not always easy to pull off but I think its needed.
2blue2handle

Postby bluebird1972 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 am

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Jokanovic if Tan’s willing to provide a budget if not take a gamble on Bamba

Bamba a to close to current squad imo but fans would like it
bluebird1972

Postby bluebird1972 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:49 am

2blue2handle wrote:Bit early to be thinking about it to be honest, I would think Warnock would get the season unless things get even worse. I don’t think it would be fair on a new manager to inherit this squad, any new manager would need a good summer clear out.

Couldn’t care less if the player has played for us before or not really, id just be looking for the best manager available. Personally I think when Warnock goes, the back team staff need to follow and we need a new fresh team and direction. Not always easy to pull off but I think its needed.

Too early to think about ? Not really NW has said he’s leaving, so the club should be evaluating all potential replacements now and if the right man becomes available sooner well, got to do what’s best for the club.
bluebird1972

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:03 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Bit early to be thinking about it to be honest, I would think Warnock would get the season unless things get even worse. I don’t think it would be fair on a new manager to inherit this squad, any new manager would need a good summer clear out.

Too early to think about ? Not really NW has said he’s leaving, so the club should be evaluating all potential replacements now and if the right man becomes available sooner well, got to do what’s best for the club.

They asked Warnock to stay so i'm assuming they want him for the rest of the season. Otherwise they should have replaced him in the summer.

If we are looking at next season manager its pointless. We don't know who will be available at the time or what position we will be in.
2blue2handle

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:07 pm

Never to early to plan.

After that abject performance we should prepare for the worst.

We’ve nicked players off them why not Lee Johnson! He would certainly have us playing better with the ball.

Something is not right at the club we all feel it!
Pulisnewport

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:12 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Jokanovic if Tan’s willing to provide a budget if not take a gamble on Bamba

Bamba a to close to current squad imo but fans would like it

Players will respect and play for Sol at least which they’ve seemed to forgotten to do for Neil. Also saw away at Ipswich a few years back how passionate Sol can get so I don’t worry that he wouldn’t rip into players when they deserve it

Also based on his own play style of (sometimes wrongly) trying to take it out from the back I think he’d bring some entertaining football
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:21 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Never to early to plan.

We’ve nicked players off them why not Lee Johnson! He would certainly have us playing better with the ball.

Plan for what? The managers available now won't be the same managers available in the summer.

If they are planning on sacking him shortly then that's another question.
2blue2handle

Postby Reza » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:25 pm

hughton for me, plays a bit of football but also likes a big centre back pairing, i think hughton would at least get a tune out of this bunch of bums, never seen such a shit cardiff side take to the pitch in my life, i thought if i didnt comment on anything over the weekend i would calm down but im fukin embarrassed to be a crdiff fan when thats the only way we know how to play.
Always be blue
Reza

Postby bluebird1972 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Plan for what? The managers available now won't be the same managers available in the summer.

What if we are tracking a potential replacement and a rival club offer him a job ? And for the record I’m calling for NW to be sacked
bluebird1972

Postby montyblue » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:33 pm

Neil is going to help pick the next manager ?, it will obviously be in his image i think a change in direction is needed but it will be costly because of the warnock type players we have now, if as a lot of people say we play old style football, and that other teams in the championship have moved on and we so predictable, then the present team may not suite, a foreign style of managment so its going to be a critcal time when he does go.
montyblue

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Every Manager is available. Even if they are in a job.

We are a big club, the only stumbling block would be if Tan spent some money?

I would still like to know “what NW wanted to clear up with Tan” at the beginning of the season before he would commit? It certainly wasn’t a budget.

IMO I think he’s lost the players for some reason. I agree with a few on here, pre season was a shambles, they look unfit and lethargic. When he was interviewed after the match he cited defensive mistakes! So what are they doing on the training pitch all week?

We will be lucky to win the next 2, I certainly hope I’m wrong but there is something underlying at the club, it’s festering. If you can’t see it your looking in the wrong place.
Pulisnewport

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I would still like to know “what NW wanted to clear up with Tan” at the beginning of the season before he would commit? It certainly wasn’t a budget.

IMO I think he’s lost the players for some reason. I agree with a few on here, pre season was a shambles, they look unfit and lethargic. When he was interviewed after the match he cited defensive mistakes! So what are they doing on the training pitch all week?

We will be lucky to win the next 2, I certainly hope I’m wrong but there is something underlying at the club, it’s festering. If you can’t see it your looking in the wrong place.

nah, dont buy that at all
paulh_85

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:52 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Next 2 games will prove or disprove it.
Pulisnewport

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Next 2 games will prove or disprove it.

nah
paulh_85

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:06 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Great lets get Klopp and be done with this thread :shock: :lol:

Warnock has had loads of funds to build this squad, he just hasn't spent it very well.

Look at who he signed from last game
Smithies 4m
Bacuna 4m
Flint 4-6m
Pack 4m
Vaulks 3m
Gladzel 5m
Vassell 1m?
Murphy 10m
Whyte 4m
Bogle 1m

That's before you consider others out on loan like Cunnginham 4m, Reid 10m and then we have people like Tomlin 2m and Medine not even making the bench.

How much does it cost to build a championship squad
2blue2handle

Postby bluebird1972 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Warnock has had loads of funds to build this squad, he just hasn't spent it very well.

Smithies 4m
Bacuna 4m
Flint 4-6m
Pack 4m
Vaulks 3m
Gladzel 5m
Vassell 1m?
Murphy 10m
Whyte 4m
Bogle 1m

That's before you consider others out on loan like Cunnginham 4m, Reid 10m and then we have people like Tomlin 2m and Medine not even making the bench.

Who mentioned Klopp ? No body has made any ridiculous claims on this thread it what grown ups that follow City discuss over a pint ffs
bluebird1972

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:00 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Smithies 4m
Bacuna 4m
Flint 4-6m
Pack 4m
Vaulks 3m
Gladzel 5m
Vassell 1m?
Murphy 10m
Whyte 4m
Bogle 1m

Who mentioned Klopp ? No body has made any ridiculous claims on this thread it what grown ups that follow City discuss over a pint ffs

Every manager is available. It's stupid.
2blue2handle

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:14 pm

I’d love to see Jokanovic, but he’s aspirational and probably wouldn’t touch us.
rumpo kid

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:24 pm

if we are replacing in the next month or so, then chris hughton. if its at the end of the season then god knows.
paulh_85

Postby wez1927 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:40 pm

Chris Houghton or tony pulis
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:53 pm

montyblue wrote:Neil is going to help pick the next manager ?, it will obviously be in his image i think a change in direction is needed but it will be costly because of the warnock type players we have now, if as a lot of people say we play old style football, and that other teams in the championship have moved on and we so predictable, then the present team may not suite, a foreign style of managment so its going to be a critcal time when he does go.

I think Warnock has stated that monty boy but I would rather he leaves well alone.

I’m happy to support him through the season. I believe if the team are well down the table around Xmas he will offer his resignation.

My realistic choice right now would be Chris Hughton.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Matt_b » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Warnock should be given until Christmas at least due to what he's done the last few years, and it's only 3 games into the season. But if a replacement is needed I'd like to see the Crawley brothers at Lincoln being given a chance. Proved themselves in the divisions below, young and hungry. Think they'd do well and be popular. Better the same old 'names' of Pulis and Hughton
Matt_b

Postby montyblue » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:41 pm

ORIGINAL GRANGE END BLUE

my choice if now would be david moyes, but would be happy with Houghton though.
montyblue

Postby Sven » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:

They asked Warnock to stay so i'm assuming they want him for the rest of the season. Otherwise they should have replaced him in the summer.

If we are looking at next season manager its pointless. We don't know who will be available at the time or what position we will be in.

And don't ever bet on Neil Warnock doing the proverbial u-turn, if the circumstances suit him (maybe even at another Championship club

Don't 'get' the sudden drive by some on here to see him gone; we might well rue the day! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebird1972 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:19 pm

Sven wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:

And don't ever bet on Neil Warnock doing the proverbial u-turn, if the circumstances suit him (maybe even at another Championship club

Don't 'get' the sudden drive by some on here to see him gone; we might well rue the day! :(

Not chasing him out but he is leaving at the end of season and we will need a replacement then. I would like to see an explayer Hudson or Bellamy or both
bluebird1972

Postby thomasblue » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:01 pm

I wouldnt bet against it being Sol Bamba
thomasblue

Postby Daviesblue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:27 am

Chris houghton in by Xmas
Daviesblue

Postby nickjonesrox2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:41 am

Sol Bamba would be interesting - a big gamble though :old: