Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what was Bacuna like when he played for Reading last season

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:40 am

Is it to early to judge him. Might he get better over time?? How much did we buy him for??

Re: what was Bacuna like when he played for Reading last se

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:51 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Is it to early to judge him. Might he get better over time?? How much did we buy him for??

wasnt it about 3m?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:04 pm

I thought it 4m and on a 5 and a half year deal I think?

I'd have fathered kept the money and use Demour

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:06 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:Is it to early to judge him. Might he get better over time?? How much did we buy him for??

wasnt it about 3m?

Nah

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I thought it 4m and on a 5 and a half year deal I think?

Shocking deal that I said at the time it was a s**t signing and it looks to be that. Im pretty sure we wanted a RB and a CDM and were looking at Almamy Toure and Adrien Tameze but couldn't get either so we went with Bacuna as last resort. Hasn't he also got the same agent as Neil Warnock called unique sports management agency or something :?

Cant believe we gave him a 5 year deal :banghead:

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:46 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:

Shocking deal that I said at the time it was a s**t signing and it looks to be that. Im pretty sure we wanted a RB and a CDM and were looking at Almamy Toure and Adrien Tameze but couldn't get either so we went with Bacuna as last resort. Hasn't he also got the same agent as Neil Warnock called unique sports management agency or something :?

If you say every signing is garbage, you're bound to get the odd one right! ;) :laughing6:

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:

Our manager's agent son works for the company who are Bacuna's agents.

Make of that what you will.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:32 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

If you say every signing is garbage, you're bound to get the odd one right! ;) :laughing6:

Since being on this forum ive said 2 signings are crap when they were made, Leandro Bacuna and Gary Madine. 100% success rate mate. :D

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:34 pm

My mate in work said he was "decent" for them, but he was very suprised we signed him in the PL.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Bennett had one of the worst games I've seen anyone in a Cardiff shirt. And some how Bacuna gets singled out on here. Nuts. He's not had a run of games for us and people trun on players. Shocking.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:58 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Bennett had one of the worst games I've seen anyone in a Cardiff shirt. And some how Bacuna gets singled out on here. Nuts. He's not had a run of games for us and people trun on players. Shocking.

Bacuna was the worst player on the pitch by some distance.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Bacuna was and has been laughable,I’ve seen nothing to warrant his signing since his arrival and Sunday was an embarrassment,absolutely awful and his only saving grace was he wasn’t alone.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:24 pm

Reading were fighting against relegation when we signed him and I don’t think he could get into the team if he’d been any good they wouldn’t have let him go

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:56 pm

actionman wrote:Reading were fighting against relegation when we signed him and I don’t think he could get into the team if he’d been any good they wouldn’t have let him go

or maybe he had been injured so therefore had not featured in a run of matchday squads but did actually play 3 x 90minute games on the bounce prior to signing for us.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:13 am

They sold him to us and bought that Puscas guy with the money

Good business by them, shocking by us.

They must have been laughing there heads off when that bid came in thinking we added a extra few zeros by mistake

Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:35 pm

I saw him play for Aston Villa while I was working up in Brum and he was poor then....Did say at the time it was a crazy signing especially the length of the contract ...very odd acquisition

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:45 pm

Birminghamnewby27 wrote:I saw him play for Aston Villa while I was working up in Brum and he was poor then....Did say at the time it was a crazy signing especially the length of the contract ...very odd acquisition

i was at the game when we were in the prem the first time around and he scored a brilliant free kick. think he played as a full/wing back that day and actually stood out as one of the better players on the pitch.

of course, that was 6 years ago now.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:02 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Birminghamnewby27 wrote:I saw him play for Aston Villa while I was working up in Brum and he was poor then....Did say at the time it was a crazy signing especially the length of the contract ...very odd acquisition

i was at the game when we were in the prem the first time around and he scored a brilliant free kick. think he played as a full/wing back that day and actually stood out as one of the better players on the pitch.

of course, that was 6 years ago now.

You would think potentially he could play wing back but his sense of positions is beyond terrible and his decision making not much better.

He has something but not sure what.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 pm

I remember reading the Reading message board at the time and the consensus seemed to be that he was worth his place in the Reading team maybe one of the better players in a poor side but were shocked at how much we were paying for him and that it was a premier league side signing him.

All in all a poor signing we vastly overpaid for a very average championship player. Expect to see too much of him as Neil Warnock has to justify buying him and will desperately hope he will come good maybe he will but don't hold your breath.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:24 pm

TBF he gets moved around alot position wise. Seen alot better things tonight from him, but still some shocking stuff like just passing the ball to a Hudds player

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:26 pm

Did a lot better tonight.