Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do we have a scouting team?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:21 pm

I know there's the 'transfer committee' but do we actually have scouts who provide accurate analysis on targets?

There's been some truly mental signings on long term deals including a few last minute panics (Bacuna, Pack, Arter) and not a single loan deal.

There's rhetoric around infrastructure but nothing seems to be happening, including the training ground?

Re: Do we have a scouting team?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:46 pm

Warnock is our scouting team. His scouting tends to be based on watching a player once against us and then signing him based off that. I remember Bacuna, Flint, Reid, Murphy, Vassell, and Madine all playing really well against us the season we went up.
I personally believe we should have a director of football and a head coach in the future and go that route.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Warnock is our scouting team. His scouting tends to be based on watching a player once against us and then signing him based off that. I remember Bacuna, Flint, Reid, Murphy, Vassell, and Madine all playing really well against us the season we went up.
I personally believe we should have a director of football and a head coach in the future and go that route.

I'm sure that was tongue-in-cheek; as the actual truth is further away than you might suggest :(

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:11 pm

So depressing, Norwich did it well, comprehensive scouting of European leagues. It’s really worrying that we seem to rely on dodgy characters, eg McKay and this new fixer in France

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:25 pm

exiled12345 wrote:I know there's the 'transfer committee' but do we actually have scouts who provide accurate analysis on targets?

There's been some truly mental signings on long term deals including a few last minute panics (Bacuna, Pack, Arter) and not a single loan deal.

There's rhetoric around infrastructure but nothing seems to be happening, including the training ground?

Bacuna I agree with as he is average but you cant say Pack and Arter are mental they are both very good players. Arter was a loan by the way

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:43 pm

It’s all very last minute for crucial positions

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:57 pm

I doesn't look like.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:13 pm

If we do he’s based in BRISTOL

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:02 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:If we do he’s based in BRISTOL