Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Interesting what Warnock said

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Interesting that Warnock said we were, "Looking at Puskas" Nippy, two footed, an eye for goals, only 23, £8million. Even his co striker signed from Sheffield Wednesday looked good yesterday. We desperately need creativity and skill in the side asap. You won't win games solely from throw ins and corners. The new signings in the side yesterday looked poor, apart from Pac. Nowhere near enough investment for me, especially for a team with aspirations. Some decent free agents available if we'll pay their wages (we need cover badly) With players moved on, are we really, 'Having a good go at it' this year?

Re: Interesting what Warnock said

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:18 pm

We could have had Ronaldo in his prime upfront Sunday and he wouldn't have had a kick.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:32 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Interesting that Warnock said we were, "Looking at Puskas" Nippy, two footed, an eye for goals, only 23, £8million. Even his co striker signed from Sheffield Wednesday looked good yesterday. We desperately need creativity and skill in the side asap. You won't win games solely from throw ins and corners. The new signings in the side yesterday looked poor, apart from Pac. Nowhere near enough investment for me, especially for a team with aspirations. Some decent free agents available if we'll pay their wages (we need cover badly) With players moved on, are we really, 'Having a good go at it' this year?

Looking and wanting are two different things? Yes he looked good but then anyones granny would've looked good playing against us yesterday? Suspect he wouldn't be good in NW setup bit like most strikers brought in..

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:09 pm

I assume Warnock is back in 1958 and the Puskas he means went to Real Madrid from Budapest.