Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff fans booing

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:49 pm

Cardiff fans booing yesterday at half time at Reading, a bit shocked, heard and saw big groups doing it and by 80minutes half the away support gone him and many booed at end of game :o :cry:

Re: Cardiff fans booing

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:58 pm

We may see it Wednesday night if we have a similar performance but not by me.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:00 pm

Pathetic to turn on our team/manager at the actual stadiums, 3 games gone :shock: :shock: :o :o

Its different giving your honest opinions on here, but to do it at the grounds only helps the opposition.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:01 pm

shocking, after everything Warnock has done for us. We should be saying thank you to him for a season in the Premier League and for building our great club back again. Hopefully 3 points on Wednesday should get our fans excited and fighting again for the Promotion.

I will forever back Warnock because of his legendary status in management. AND for all his hard work getting Cardiff where it should be, at the top.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:01 pm

It was never going to take long after that abysmal transfer window. Everybody knows we've gone backwards. That being said, I never boo or leave early.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Froom watching that game you have to boo!
I love cardiff but we cant cheer them on all the time we need to be real and show them when they know they are playing shit!

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Only once iv ever boo'd a cardiff team and it was at Sheffield Wednesday due to the end of season capitulation which saw us drop out of the Play Offs, I say team, it was more Roger Johnson as he looked at the fans with a few minutes to go with a 'what's the problem' look on his face.

Tbf, whilst I normaly manage to keep my frustrations in check I can understand how some don't if they don't feel like the players are putting a shift in.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:24 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:Froom watching that game you have to boo!
I love cardiff but we cant cheer them on all the time we need to be real and show them when they know they are playing shit!

Absolute nonsense.
You support the team not turn on them after 3 games ffs.

What good would it do? You don’t think they are not happy?
You don’t think they know the fans are unhappy?
Pathetic, go and support Liverpool.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Im against it but as the saying goes ‘pay your money and take your chance’.We like a lot of teams have always been the same.
Same fans will be cheering wildly when we win Wednesday night.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Not at all, young fella :roll:

YOU may feel you have to boo but to do so at the team during a game is both pathetic and counter-productive

How would you like it if we booed you for every poor performance you put in on this Forum; it would be constant! ;) :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:33 pm

It’s crap booing your own team after 3 games...I’ve never booed as its about sticking together when things ain’t good....moan, whinge etc etc all u like but nobody plays better for getting stick

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:37 pm

Short memories.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:53 pm

You are a product of the modern generation who wants instant gratification. If you can't get your own way, you throw your toys out of the pram. There are 3 games gone this season out of 43. There is NEVER a time the you should boo your own team. Full stop.

Personally, I don't think there is ever a time you should demand a new manager either.

spoilt lot of brats on here. :old: :twisted:

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Sven wrote:

Not at all, young fella :roll:

YOU may feel you have to boo but to do so at the team during a game is both pathetic and counter-productive

How would you like it if we booed you for every poor performance you put in on this Forum; it would be constant! ;) :lol: :lol:

Well said sven, fans who boo, especially during a game are adding to pressure and as you say it's counter productive. Also weak and embarrassing in my opinion.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 pm

I have never booed any city team never will love them to much to do that as fans we always stick with them as the song goes every little thing going to be alright

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 pm

I can remember booing down there in the 70s..I think its all part of the panto, and lets the players know that standards of performance are below what is expected.
Although booing players who just aren’t good enough is probably pointless.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 pm

I heard the boos. Couldn't believe it!!! I thought it was only shit teams with a shit fan base like bristol town that booed their team. It was actually the same at Newcastle last season when we lost 3-0 with fans booing.

We started last season without a win in 8 and only lost out on a second successive prem season by 2 points.

Yes we played crap but 3 games in with a whole new midfield. They need time to gel. It takes 5 games for most to get into their stride.

All will be forgotten when we comfortably beat Huddersfield Wednesday

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:56 pm

bluebird58 wrote:

You are a product of the modern generation who wants instant gratification. If you can't get your own way, you throw your toys out of the pram. There are 3 games gone this season out of 43. There is NEVER a time the you should boo your own team. Full stop.

Personally, I don't think there is ever a time you should demand a new manager either.

spoilt lot of brats on here. :old: :twisted:

Nonsense.

It's nothing to do with 'modern generation' as in my experience it's the youngsters who mainly stick with the team whilst it's the older heads who seem to have the less patience.

Iv seem people boo at Cardiff games and it's mainly the older generation not youngsters.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:28 pm

Modern footballers who are on a 100k or more a week and aren’t playing for the shirt and can’t be arsed to put the work in for the team and who are behaving like spoilt brats don’t deserve to be booed then because if you do you will be deemed to be a disloyal fan Am I correct .? You are an unfaithful fan who has no bottle if you boo and should go and follow Liverpool or Man utd etc ..I think I’m correct in that’s what some fans who are against booing think?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:49 pm

Birminghamnewby27 wrote:Modern footballers who are on a 100k or more a week and aren’t playing for the shirt and can’t be arsed to put the work in for the team and who are behaving like spoilt brats don’t deserve to be booed then because if you do you will be deemed to be a disloyal fan Am I correct .? You are an unfaithful fan who has no bottle if you boo and should go and follow Liverpool or Man utd etc ..I think I’m correct in that’s what some fans who are against booing think?

At last - somebody who realises that players who earn more in a week or so than most fans earn in a year, should work their arses off to justify their ridiculous salaries! I did not see the Reading game but it sounded like several players did not perform and deserved to be criticised in any manner possible!

Also there must be questions asked about multi-millionaire manager Neil Warnock with regard to both team selection and recruitment!

I know that most Cardiff City fans won't like what I say, so I am expecting some booing myself! :lol:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:11 am

I was there, heard the boo’s, thought it was pathetic.
No getting away from the fact that we were poor bit to boo.
A lot of very short memories, also never had to go through the bad times.. it’s all part and parcel of following your team.
Booing them is a step too far.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 am

Those saying ‘short memories’ can’t expect people to accept the standard of football we are seeing at the moment just because we were in the prem last year. Team performance is based on current form and not previous league position. Do you think Man U fans should be happy finishing 6th just because they’ve won it 13 times? No.

I’m not one to boo myself but can see why people are frustrated. Poor transfers, poor team selection, poor tactics and shocking football. These players earn thousands of pounds a week they should accept criticism from those who spend their hard earned cash travelling up and down the country if they are not performing. Which they clearly are not doing. It’s hard to cheer a team on who can’t string 3 passes together and main threat of attack is from a long throw.

That said, I’ll still be down there tomorrow. Hopefully see a better performance.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:22 am

Escott1927 wrote:Those saying ‘short memories’ can’t expect people to accept the standard of football we are seeing at the moment just because we were in the prem last year. Team performance is based on current form and not previous league position. Do you think Man U fans should be happy finishing 6th just because they’ve won it 13 times? No.

I’m not one to boo myself but can see why people are frustrated. Poor transfers, poor team selection, poor tactics and shocking football. These players earn thousands of pounds a week they should accept criticism from those who spend their hard earned cash travelling up and down the country if they are not performing. Which they clearly are not doing. It’s hard to cheer a team on who can’t string 3 passes together and main threat of attack is from a long throw.

That said, I’ll still be down there tomorrow. Hopefully see a better performance.

You don’t have to boo to voice your concern - people act like the players don’t know they’re underperforming. I’m sure Warnock will be reminding the team of how bad they have been playing, booing won’t help or make the team play any better. To boo after 3 games is pathetic - if it stretches to 12-15 games then I’d understand to some degree but to do so after such a short space of time is madness.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 am

Well said liamD1991. If people read the mendez apology thread they may understand a bit more. I can understand not clapping the team off as they were poor but to boo...and especially at half time is unbelievable

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:45 am

Guess people are fed up with hoofball. No other side play like us, probably for very good reason.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:36 am

Maybe it’s a bit too early to be booing but if some players believe that it doesn’t matter how badly they perform
or how little effort they put in they will always know that our fans will be behind them because they are essentially snowflakes then that’s not productive . Sometimes the fans need to voice their disapproval and let them know we expect them to give their all esp on their ridiculous salaries. If the team give 100% but lose then no complaints from me

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:43 am

Sam ReaN wrote:shocking, after everything Warnock has done for us. We should be saying thank you to him for a season in the Premier League and for building our great club back again. Hopefully 3 points on Wednesday should get our fans excited and fighting again for the Promotion.

I will forever back Warnock because of his legendary status in management. AND for all his hard work getting Cardiff where it should be, at the top.

This is what is wrong with everyone who has this mentality that past success warrants no criticism.

Bore off mate just because of what he has done doesn’t mean he can escape criticism, not agreeing with the booing but this mentality is the biggest load of tosh and gives Warnock an excuse to escape criticism.

For me Pack going off he had the chance to change formation to 4-2-3-1 by bring Bacuna off and slotting Nelson right back with Vaulks and Ralls holding with Paterson behind. I can’t believe he stuck with 4-3-3 for the whole 90, it was bizarre to watch.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:53 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:shocking, after everything Warnock has done for us. We should be saying thank you to him for a season in the Premier League and for building our great club back again. Hopefully 3 points on Wednesday should get our fans excited and fighting again for the Promotion.

This is what is wrong with everyone who has this mentality that past success warrants no criticism.

Bore off mate just because of what he has done doesn’t mean he can escape criticism, not agreeing with the booing but this mentality is the biggest load of tosh and gives Warnock an excuse to escape criticism.

For me Pack going off he had the chance to change formation to 4-2-3-1 by bring Bacuna off and slotting Nelson right back with Vaulks and Ralls holding with Paterson behind. I can’t believe he stuck with 4-3-3 for the whole 90, it was bizarre to watch.

I think you'll find that even Neil Warnock is not/has not been averse to some criticism even by some of the more restrained posters on here ever since his arrival; but the knee-jerk reaction of 'the usual suspects' is culpable! :roll:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:01 pm

Sven wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

I think you'll find that even Neil Warnock is not/has not been averse to some criticism even by some of the more restrained posters on here ever since his arrival; but the knee-jerk reaction of 'the usual suspects' is culpable! :roll:

You’re correct mate as all the ‘Warnock out’ and ‘he must leave now’ threads are a bit pathetic in my opinion.

I can, however, understand a lot of the criticism on here after the promise of ‘acting like a big club’ and ‘bouncing straight back up’ type of noise which came from the club in the summer.
After the poor transfer window and start to the season I see no reason why Warnock and the players should not receive criticism.
Personally, I’m 100% behind Warnock at present and I think the fans will be tomorrow night.
If we put in another poor display and get beat then it’ll start to change down at the stadium I think.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:07 pm

LiamD1991 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Those saying ‘short memories’ can’t expect people to accept the standard of football we are seeing at the moment just because we were in the prem last year. Team performance is based on current form and not previous league position. Do you think Man U fans should be happy finishing 6th just because they’ve won it 13 times? No.

You don’t have to boo to voice your concern - people act like the players don’t know they’re underperforming. I’m sure Warnock will be reminding the team of how bad they have been playing, booing won’t help or make the team play any better. To boo after 3 games is pathetic - if it stretches to 12-15 games then I’d understand to some degree but to do so after such a short space of time is madness.

How else can fans voice their concerns then? The only other option is to not turn up to games at all. Personally I wouldn't boo the team but my opinion remains the same. Previous success does not give you a free pass from criticism for under-performing. These are grown men who are happy to take thousands of pounds a week from the club, if they are not performing then they should expect criticism from some fans.