Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff fans booing

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:24 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:shocking, after everything Warnock has done for us. We should be saying thank you to him for a season in the Premier League and for building our great club back again. Hopefully 3 points on Wednesday should get our fans excited and fighting again for the Promotion.

I will forever back Warnock because of his legendary status in management. AND for all his hard work getting Cardiff where it should be, at the top.

This is what is wrong with everyone who has this mentality that past success warrants no criticism.

Bore off mate just because of what he has done doesn’t mean he can escape criticism, not agreeing with the booing but this mentality is the biggest load of tosh and gives Warnock an excuse to escape criticism.

For me Pack going off he had the chance to change formation to 4-2-3-1 by bring Bacuna off and slotting Nelson right back with Vaulks and Ralls holding with Paterson behind. I can’t believe he stuck with 4-3-3 for the whole 90, it was bizarre to watch.

I think you'll find that even Neil Warnock is not/has not been averse to some criticism even by some of the more restrained posters on here ever since his arrival; but the knee-jerk reaction of 'the usual suspects' is culpable! :roll:

You’re correct mate as all the ‘Warnock out’ and ‘he must leave now’ threads are a bit pathetic in my opinion.

I can, however, understand a lot of the criticism on here after the promise of ‘acting like a big club’ and ‘bouncing straight back up’ type of noise which came from the club in the summer.
After the poor transfer window and start to the season I see no reason why Warnock and the players should not receive criticism.
Personally, I’m 100% behind Warnock at present and I think the fans will be tomorrow night.
If we put in another poor display and get beat then it’ll start to change down at the stadium I think.

The club , Tan and Dalman are also accountable in this if they did not support NW in stifling any transfers of quality.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
LiamD1991 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Those saying ‘short memories’ can’t expect people to accept the standard of football we are seeing at the moment just because we were in the prem last year. Team performance is based on current form and not previous league position. Do you think Man U fans should be happy finishing 6th just because they’ve won it 13 times? No.

I’m not one to boo myself but can see why people are frustrated. Poor transfers, poor team selection, poor tactics and shocking football. These players earn thousands of pounds a week they should accept criticism from those who spend their hard earned cash travelling up and down the country if they are not performing. Which they clearly are not doing. It’s hard to cheer a team on who can’t string 3 passes together and main threat of attack is from a long throw.

That said, I’ll still be down there tomorrow. Hopefully see a better performance.

You don’t have to boo to voice your concern - people act like the players don’t know they’re underperforming. I’m sure Warnock will be reminding the team of how bad they have been playing, booing won’t help or make the team play any better. To boo after 3 games is pathetic - if it stretches to 12-15 games then I’d understand to some degree but to do so after such a short space of time is madness.

How else can fans voice their concerns then? The only other option is to not turn up to games at all. Personally I wouldn't boo the team but my opinion remains the same. Previous success does not give you a free pass from criticism for under-performing. These are grown men who are happy to take thousands of pounds a week from the club, if they are not performing then they should expect criticism from some fans.

Well I didn't boo on Sunday but I also didn't give the players any round of applause at the end of the game because quite frankly I didn't believe that their performance warranted one.

Yes there were boos which is absolutely ridiculous but frankly it's just as ridiculous to be applauding and singing and chanting in support of the players after a performance like that.

Perhaps just standing there in silence will get over to the players the feelings of the fans without resorting to the negativity of the booing.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:06 pm

RV Casual wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:
HARRYccfc1927 wrote:Froom watching that game you have to boo!
I love cardiff but we cant cheer them on all the time we need to be real and show them when they know they are playing shit!

You are a product of the modern generation who wants instant gratification. If you can't get your own way, you throw your toys out of the pram. There are 3 games gone this season out of 43. There is NEVER a time the you should boo your own team. Full stop.

Personally, I don't think there is ever a time you should demand a new manager either.

spoilt lot of brats on here. :old: :twisted:

Nonsense.

It's nothing to do with 'modern generation' as in my experience it's the youngsters who mainly stick with the team whilst it's the older heads who seem to have the less patience.

Iv seem people boo at Cardiff games and it's mainly the older generation not youngsters.

I have stuck with the team since i was 7 currently 15 and will stick by the team till i die!
Born in Cardiff
Live in Cardiff
support cardiff
die in cardiff

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:12 pm

Sounds like Frank Hennesy.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Stick with the team through thick and thin.
Venting your frustration though if they are playing shit or the manager being poor is fine in my opinion.
As said many a time, it's a results industry. Saying how could you boo Neil after all he's done is ridiculous. Does Neil himself shy away from giving a player a bollocking just because he played well last week or even got the team promoted previously? No he doesn't.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:35 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
LiamD1991 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Those saying ‘short memories’ can’t expect people to accept the standard of football we are seeing at the moment just because we were in the prem last year. Team performance is based on current form and not previous league position. Do you think Man U fans should be happy finishing 6th just because they’ve won it 13 times? No.

I’m not one to boo myself but can see why people are frustrated. Poor transfers, poor team selection, poor tactics and shocking football. These players earn thousands of pounds a week they should accept criticism from those who spend their hard earned cash travelling up and down the country if they are not performing. Which they clearly are not doing. It’s hard to cheer a team on who can’t string 3 passes together and main threat of attack is from a long throw.

That said, I’ll still be down there tomorrow. Hopefully see a better performance.

You don’t have to boo to voice your concern - people act like the players don’t know they’re underperforming. I’m sure Warnock will be reminding the team of how bad they have been playing, booing won’t help or make the team play any better. To boo after 3 games is pathetic - if it stretches to 12-15 games then I’d understand to some degree but to do so after such a short space of time is madness.

How else can fans voice their concerns then? The only other option is to not turn up to games at all. Personally I wouldn't boo the team but my opinion remains the same. Previous success does not give you a free pass from criticism for under-performing. These are grown men who are happy to take thousands of pounds a week from the club, if they are not performing then they should expect criticism from some fans.

Silence? So you think that 2.5-3 years of progress (Season 1 - 23rd to top half - Season 2 - promotion - Season 3 - good fight against relegation) should be forgotten about in 3 games and they deserved to be booed. It’s madness - it’s not a free pass and nobody has said that but it definitely buys you more than 3 bad consecutive performances before booing. As I said earlier the players don’t need criticising by fans - Warnock will be criticising them himself as they will be doing to each other. If they need us to boo to understand they’re underperforming then we have much bigger problems

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Ive never thought of relegation as progress before!

Um..

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:31 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Ive never thought of relegation as progress before!

Um..

So we’ve performed much better than our last stay up in the prem and made a load more money to stabilise us financially? But you don’t see that as progressing?

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:17 am

LiamD1991 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
LiamD1991 wrote:

Silence? So you think that 2.5-3 years of progress (Season 1 - 23rd to top half - Season 2 - promotion - Season 3 - good fight against relegation) should be forgotten about in 3 games and they deserved to be booed. It’s madness - it’s not a free pass and nobody has said that but it definitely buys you more than 3 bad consecutive performances before booing. As I said earlier the players don’t need criticising by fans - Warnock will be criticising them himself as they will be doing to each other. If they need us to boo to understand they’re underperforming then we have much bigger problems

The last few seasons have nothing to do with this seasons form though. To put it simply we are not playing like a team who narrowly missed out on premier league survival. I think there is more to it though than just the performances and results this season. The last few transfer windows have been a shambles. You only have to read this forum to see people are pissed off. Tomlin, Madine, Bogle, Reid, Murphy, Cunningham and Smithies - that is around £40mill on players who don't play or don't get a consistent run in the team. Cunningham and Reid loaned out where Smithies would have followed if Etheridge didnt get injured- that's the best part of £20mill that would have been loaned out. All that money spent and we still don't have the quality that we desperately need in midfield, at right back and potentially up top if Glatzel doesn't deliver. These are positions that have been a problem since Warnock arrived that have not been sorted out. You talk about success, we might be in a better situation financially but the team has gone backwards. The club sold us the Burnley model and building for a return to the prem which we simply haven't seen. People are frustrated and they have the right to show it how they like, whether they do that by sitting in silence or booing. I think we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:09 am

Escott1927 wrote:
LiamD1991 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
LiamD1991 wrote:

The last few seasons have nothing to do with this seasons form though. To put it simply we are not playing like a team who narrowly missed out on premier league survival. I think there is more to it though than just the performances and results this season. The last few transfer windows have been a shambles. You only have to read this forum to see people are pissed off. Tomlin, Madine, Bogle, Reid, Murphy, Cunningham and Smithies - that is around £40mill on players who don't play or don't get a consistent run in the team. Cunningham and Reid loaned out where Smithies would have followed if Etheridge didnt get injured- that's the best part of £20mill that would have been loaned out. All that money spent and we still don't have the quality that we desperately need in midfield, at right back and potentially up top if Glatzel doesn't deliver. These are positions that have been a problem since Warnock arrived that have not been sorted out. You talk about success, we might be in a better situation financially but the team has gone backwards. The club sold us the Burnley model and building for a return to the prem which we simply haven't seen. People are frustrated and they have the right to show it how they like, whether they do that by sitting in silence or booing. I think we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Of course we’re not playing like a team that missed out on survival when we’ve lost Arter/Camerasa/Manga/Gunnarsson and etheridge is out for a while - that’s nearly half the team that’s changed - to expect us to play at the same level would be daft.

I agree he’s wasted money - there’s no doubting that. Think that’s one part of his management he has fallen on since that first year. But we wouldn’t have got anywhere near that kind of money if it wasn’t for him so it’s give and take. Not all transfers will work out.

We haven’t seen the Burnley model yet because we are 3 games in - people are going on like promotion is impossible already. We don’t know what they will do about recruitment in January etc there’s plenty of time before we need to be concerned.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:Pathetic to turn on our team/manager at the actual stadiums, 3 games gone :shock: :shock: :o :o

Its different giving your honest opinions on here, but to do it at the grounds only helps the opposition.

But that's the place where it hits home.