Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We have had our say !!

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Don’t need to go over what happened on Sunday but we have had our say and the Players and Warnock have heard the backlash and it was 100% deserved except the Warnock out posts which is an over reaction.
It’s get behind the team and let’s see Warnock and the players put this right. To many players off form at the same time at the moment and to many having bad games. This has to change.
But one player that always gets grief and is unwarranted and that is Joe Ralls. He has been our best player this season.
We have always been in this Warnock era together so let’s all get back on the same page now. The team now know we were not happy on Sunday so let’s give them a chance to right this wrong. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: We have had our say !!

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:36 pm

Emotional stuff that.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:51 pm

Well said! :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:28 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Don’t need to go over what happened on Sunday but we have had our say and the Players and Warnock have heard the backlash and it was 100% deserved except the Warnock out posts which is an over reaction.
It’s get behind the team and let’s see Warnock and the players put this right. To many players off form at the same time at the moment and to many having bad games. This has to change.
But one player that always gets grief and is unwarranted and that is Joe Ralls. He has been our best player this season.
We have always been in this Warnock era together so let’s all get back on the same page now. The team now know we were not happy on Sunday so let’s give them a chance to right this wrong. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Joe Ralls a friend of yours?

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:20 am

Have to agree about joe ralls, he seems the scapegoat at the moment.

Plenty with worse performances than him on sunday, he will play more good games than bad.

If any questions are to be asked , where is the real Junior Hoilett? Been missing since May 2018

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:23 am

fred keenor wrote:Have to agree about joe ralls, he seems the scapegoat at the moment.

Plenty with worse performances than him on sunday, he will play more good games than bad.

If any questions are to be asked , where is the real Junior Hoilett? Been missing since May 2018

No the scapegoat right now, rightly or wrongly, is Bacuna.

Ralls, for me, deserves his place but is just a good to average championship player. Works hard but not much creativity at all.
I do like him though as he tries his hardest and puts a shift in.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:14 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Have to agree about joe ralls, he seems the scapegoat at the moment.

Ralls, for me, deserves his place but is just a good to average championship player. Works hard but not much creativity at all.

Agree. Ralls is no match winner. He will give a 7.5 out of 10 more than not but even if he gets a 9 he is not likely to be as influential as others on their day. He is doing his best but we are in trouble if he is our best midfielder. He's no Arter, Camarassa, Gunnar, Whitts, McPhail. He's a Don Cowie at best.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:18 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Don’t need to go over what happened on Sunday but we have had our say and the Players and Warnock have heard the backlash and it was 100% deserved except the Warnock out posts which is an over reaction.

Well said :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:21 am

And Hoilett set up the winner v Luton with precision otherwise absent in that game.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:12 am

Maybe Hoilett and Mendez Laing r too comfortable ,they usually are guaranteed a place

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:24 am

Joe Ralls is a good lad, tries very hard and always gives 100%, but if he's our best player we are in trouble. We need far more skill, flair and pace in midfield. We had all summer to sort it out and failed. The cupboard is equally bare at fullback. We've all been aware of this for ages. Why hasn't the manager? Surely it's a fair question.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 am

Because we don’t want to spend the money, or employ a better manager. Proof of that are Wolves, Watford, and Leicester.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:57 am

rumpo kid wrote:Because we don’t want to spend the money, or employ a better manager. Proof of that are Wolves, Watford, and Leicester.

Wolves have super agent on books so get good players cheaper than others... Watford change managers every 18mnths or less and Leicester well they are established premier club (winners) so no problem getting good managers ? Why try compare us with them? Yes could do with more outgoing flair manager but at present NW is what we got and whilst playing style may be different he's done something many managers never achieve never mind 8 times.. :thumbup:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:13 am

Everything you say is true al..

What’s gone in football is important if you want to stand still. Do that and you go backwards.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:02 am

It's simply not true that Ralls has been scapegoated over the Reading match. He was actually second choice for man of the match for us and I remember it was generally agreed he was one of the few players who could hold his head up high after Sunday. As someone else said it was Bacuna who was made scapegoat and to be frank he probably deserved it though so did most of the team.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:38 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Probably because he's been put into the team as our number 7 when we were expected a quality signing that didn't come. That and he's average at best. We had a squad of triers we needed some quality but we didn't get any. No thought to the future whatsoever.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:54 am

Yea Ralls has atleast stepped up for me, some of his passes went wrong but he's trying and didnt give up.

Yea Wolves and Watford got links to agents and other clubs so can move players around cheap.

Really need a response and win Wednesday, cant fall behind early in the Championship

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Never understood why Ralls is the first to get slaughtered to be honest.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:56 pm

Joe Ralls isn’t that massive spark that we also need so most miss what he adds to the team. He does the simple things he does the stuff that is needed but never get the praise for what he has to do. Yes we need that creative player as well and that is what we are missing but the only one that even comes close to fitting that is Tomlin. In my view we have no choice but to give him the run out he needs.
And one above saying that I suggested Ralls was the scapegoat on Sunday no he was by far our best player.
Against Wigan he was our best player and fans need to stop blaming him for not being the player they want him to be and see the good things that he does.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:31 pm

I personally like Ralls and think he does a lot of the graft that others don't want to do and is neat and tidy on the ball, however he's one of those players who I think needs better players around him as he's never going to take the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate proceedings. Unfortunately he's surrounded by players in midfield who cant pass or contribute to anything to be honest (Pack excluded)