Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stopping slagging Slade

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:46 am

He did a great job and stabilised the sinking ship. Just didn't have the personality or fist pump to get a following.

Makes me laugh when you honestly think this fanbase would be patient enough to let a manager grow into job. I bet Trollope is pissing himself.

Re: Stopping slagging Slade

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:54 am

hardly a sinking ship ,prior to his arrival we had lost 3 out of 10 , away to Wolves and 2 at home to the teams that contested the play off final. apart from games against the top 7 we had won our home games {3 games } and drawn our away games {4 games }...if that ship was sinking god help us now.
not sure why people want to paint over that dire under achieving crap with these sinking ship / play off push ~{ 6 points from the final 7 games } myths.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:24 am

blue lagoon wrote:He did a great job and stabilised the sinking ship. Just didn't have the personality or fist pump to get a following.

Makes me laugh when you honestly think this fanbase would be patient enough to let a manager grow into job. I bet Trollope is pissing himself.

Great job is perhaps a little strong but I agree with your general gist. We finished eighth in his only full season which wasn't bad. The problem is many thought he under achieved with the players he had inherited which is not fair as very few of those players have done anything since.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:53 am

The one full season in charge he had we done pretty well. Problem was he was seen as Tan's puppet when feeling against Tan and the rebrand were at its highest.
He was brought in to get all the big earners out the club while keeping us competitive which he did.
Doubt he would of been able to kick on but put up with a hell of a lot think he was only on 90k a year peanuts in football terms