Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of

Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:19 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:He's not the messiah :lol: People are allowed to question his tactics, team selection, transfer business, etc as he gets paid to do this job its not like he's doing it for free. Im one of those that think he should be given time and people calling for his head at this time are doing it far too soon, but fans should be able to question why we're playing so s**t and the buck stops with the manager and the players.

Fair point that

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 am

And he got us promoted mind and brought in 190 million ish plus. He's a living Moses, Lol,lol.

What is his net spend after shipping out players

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:13 am

I fully understand the frustration among a large percentage of the fan base. On the one hand most are truly grateful that he helped stabilise the club, brought a sense of unity that was otherwise missing and of course gained promotion with an unfancied team.

On the other, there is concern that holes that appeared following the departure of players in the last few months have not been filled which has led to much scratching of heads and a sense of bewilderment from a large section of fans. I think most would overlook our poor performances to date if it was just a case of new players not yet gelling but for instance our midfield us crying out for creativity and this has not been addressed.

It is true that some go way over the top with criticism of NW but as someone said earlier, he is not the Messiah and it is perfectly acceptable for his coaching methods, team selection etc to be scrutinised on this forum.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:17 am

pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
cityone wrote:I think every city fan is aware of what Warnock has achieved since he has been at the club, but that doesn't put him above any criticism coming his way. Last summer's transfer window was poor but this one has been shocking, a point some of us have been saying before a ball was kicked. My biggest concern is that we have"t got the quality back up to make major changes.

You can't always blame a Manager for the amount he spends in a transfer window, he doesn't write the cheques and buy whoever he wants?

That's like your Mrs blaming you for your kids not being in Eaton, and you not living in the best house in Cardiff with three Teslas and a Ferrari on the drive!

If he had been given an unlimited budget and every player he wanted saying, yes why not I'll come to Cardiff because the fans want top players, sod real Madrid and Liverpool or even Fulham :roll:

It's easy spending someone else's money and criticising people because your football teams lost a couple of games!

Enough threads on here shown he has had a lot to spend in the last few years. If the squad isn't up to it that's down to Warnock no doubt about that.

Is this why he never stays long at a club its usually around 2/3 yrs then it goes sour despite his promotion credentials do the players tire of the tactics Hence lack of energy in the 3 games?

I think he likes to take over a troubled club and get them going again. I had this concern after relegation, expectations are promotion and as much as Warnock keeps trying to play it down and others up we can all see it.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:43 am

Can’t stand these happy clapping loyalty posts! He has left us way too short on cover, quality and tactically we seem to have plan a) get ball wide to wingers and cross, or plan b) good it up field. As reading showed the league, close our wingers down and we got nothing. Yes we may up our game, no we won’t go down, anyone thinking we could push for promotion at this stage are being very positive but you can’t polish a turd. You can sugar coat one which we did very well in our promotion season; agreed by most on here, we punched well above our weight. That same lack of quality is now biting back.

Bennett gets injured who’s covering?
Peltier was injured bacuna covered - that went well
Pack got injured our creative midfield general is ralls - not good enough, ralls needs players around him, he will never boss a midfield and he isn’t creative, he doesn’t even pick his head up on possession. Joined by bacuna and vaulks - the less said the better.
Over reliance on out of form players etc. Not giving players a chance. Constantly using Paterson as a 10, bringing players back too early and on it goes.

He’s had a great 2+ years but his last 3 transfer windows have been woeful at best, this last summer being his worst. Looking at previous jobs this appears to be the norm. When he retires our new manager will have one massive job to rebuild, I hope we show our new manager the level of support we’ve shown our current.